The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth Bruin Hunting, Shoots Down Chara?

PlayStation

LOL. If Booth turns that bear into food, all you animal activists should take a hike. Go fight your battles against Monsanto or someone who is actually harming the animals in stead of a quick, circle-of-life death.

If it's a trophy, and the meat is not going to use, flame the living heck out of him.

Agreed.

The prairies ( breadbasket of Canada) used to have Grizzlies, tens of thousands of Bison etc...mankind got rid of them to grow grain and beef.

Honestly, so many posters here seem to be unable to connect animals and their demise with what they buy in aisle 5 of the supermarket.

Animals die for to feed humans whether it's meat or grains. You don't want to hunt but are willing to pay someone else to do your killing for you, fine. Arent yo lucky you live in a society that has that option. Just dont' be righteous about your "choice" not to hunt. IF you couldn't buy your food in a supermarket, you'd take up arms in a damn hurry to feed your family.

As the other poster pointed out it is highly regulated and managed. Those outfitters in the photo are more conscientious of the environment than all the people wearing lulul lemon in Van.

I have had many contacts with black bears over the years and minus a few situations - early spring and undernourished you can chase them and they will runaway. On the other hand a grizzly is a completely different story. So to be honest shooting a black bear is comparable to shooting a deer. In fact I would say a deer is a more challenging hunt plus you get the meat. Booth is an American and probably do his hemingway thing.

All of a sudden every CDC'r transforms into peta Activists? This is crazy.. The chicken that you eat is stuffed with roids but I'm assuming thats ok. Or how cattle are treated before being turned in to hamburger but I mean we eat this everyday right?

Regardless this is something Booth Enjoys if its for trophy or to eat.. Can't knock the guy for what he enjoys to do.

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

I'm by no means an animal activist but this pic was pretty sad and disturbing

That's a beautiful creature that was killed for no reason at all. It was probably doing more good to the world than bad. Very sad to know that that's what some people do just for a bit of an adrenaline boost.

People don't buy store-bought chicken for sport. Last I checked, its for food. Sure factory farmed meat has ethical implications (I don't buy the stuff) but, sorry, the comparison is weak.

thank you for the class in semantics, but i know humans are technically animals. I think you know what i meant by that though.

edit: and by the way, the fact that we're so close to bears in the "kingdom Animalia", seems to me to be yet another reason not to kill a bear and boast about it on twitter.

I don't get how its cruel or unethical, they don't torture the animal. One shot kill is what the goal is.

No less ethical than buying chicken, pork or beef from a store. Peaople need to get off their high horse. Unless they are vegan, then you have an argument based on your views.

The bow hunting videos i have seen are equally pathetic. The 'hunter' hides up in a tree on a protected platform. Then plants garbage on the ground beneath him. Lets be honest - most hunters leave barely any risk to themselves so its not even a sport. Unless the hunter actually needs meat, fur, bone its not really hunting in my books. The only way i could be happy about this, is if they bbq the meat up. And use the fur at least - although they probably dont need those things anyhow. Modern day hunting is a joke.

Archived