The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3Rd Line Center

canucks10271999

kas down (to train more, not enough experience)

schroeder up

lappy to 2nd line

sign kelly

booth for staal

release pahlsson

release bitz

so the forwards should look like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kesler-Staal-Lappy

Higgins-Kelly-Hansen

Weise-Schroeder-Malhotra

Pahlsson was a solid acquisition. If MG can re-sign him at a decent cap hit I don't see why he wouldn't. I get the impression that MG still has faith in Malhotra and his ability to fully recover and find his game for next season and that Pahlsson is a solid backup plan in case he doesn't. The only problem I see is that if Pahlsson re-signs and Malhotra doesn't get moved then Manny will continue to play on the 4th line where he clearly doesn't belong.

Both are solid 3rd line shutdown centers and I like the lineup with either of them in the position, I just don't know where they fit in our lineup if they both continue to play for us.

He pretty much got beaten out by the D for his position. The kid was a stain, he does not belong in the NHL. He's going to have to have a hell of a training camp to even make it passed the first round of cuts. It was embarrassing to watch him, it absolutely made me cringe watching him in the playoffs.

kas down (to train more, not enough experience)

schroeder up

lappy to 2nd line

sign kelly

booth for staal

release pahlsson

release bitz

so the forwards should look like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kesler-Staal-Lappy

Higgins-Kelly-Hansen

Weise-Schroeder-Malhotra

He pretty much got beaten out by the D for his position. The kid was a stain, he does not belong in the NHL. He's going to have to have a hell of a training camp to even make it passed the first round of cuts. It was embarrassing to watch him, it absolutely made me cringe watching him in the playoffs.

Jordan Schroeder and Philippe paradis are the only first round picks of the 2009 draft that have yet to play a game in the NHL. I find it extremely hard to believe that 28 of those players are NHL ready but Schroeder isn't. If he really isn't ready then clearly the Canucks cannot properly develop hockey players or he's a bust.

Archived