Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Out Of All The Big Names Who Could Possibly Be Available, Who Would Be The Best Fit?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Out Of All The Big Names Who Could Possibly Be Available, Who Would Be The Best Fit? (254 member(s) have cast votes)

pick one

1. mike green (3 votes [1.18%])

Percentage of vote: 1.18%

2. dennis wideman (10 votes [3.94%])

Percentage of vote: 3.94%

3. jvr (5 votes [1.97%])

Percentage of vote: 1.97%

4. jordan staal (15 votes [5.91%])

Percentage of vote: 5.91%

5. parise (27 votes [10.63%])

Percentage of vote: 10.63%

6. pavelski (3 votes [1.18%])

7. havlat (3 votes [1.18%])

8. marleau (1 votes [0.39%])

Percentage of vote: 0.39%

9. nash (23 votes [9.06%])

Percentage of vote: 9.06%

10. kane (10 votes [3.94%])

Percentage of vote: 3.94%

11. bobby ryan (18 votes [7.09%])

Percentage of vote: 7.09%

12. suter (25 votes [9.84%])

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

13. weber (98 votes [38.58%])

Percentage of vote: 38.58%

14. other (13 votes [5.12%])

Percentage of vote: 5.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

This is my pipe dream roster for 2012-13

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Parise - Kesler - Patrick Kane
Moen - Kelly - Gaustad
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Weber
Hamhuis - Suter
Tanev - Connauton

Schneider
Lack

Cup please :)

I hate the fact that you have Higgins as a fourth liner. He deserves way better than that. Get rid of Parise, throw Higgins up there, put Kassian on the fourth. We've had little glimpses of what happens when Lapierre and Kassian play their rough game, I think once Kassian has some time to develop we might see that a lot more.

#32 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

why so many votes for weber? our top 4 defence is among the top of the league... and landing weber and his contract would mean saying goodbye to bieksa, edler, or hamhuis.

They can have Bieksa.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#33 Sully2Cool

Sully2Cool

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Shea Weber.
Posted Image

#34 Googs

Googs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Hemsky (playmaker for Booth and Kes)
Hansen Luke Adam Kassian (Adam is a bigger body who fights for the puck and can score)
Asham Lapierre Moen (Crash and experience and some toughness)

Weber Ballard (Trade Eddler to upgrade to Weber)
Bieksa Hamhuis
Tanev Alberts
Rome Gragnani

Schneider
Lack (unless he is not ready)
Labarbara

Any thoughts?
No youtube vids in sigs.

#35 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Chris kelly
Joe pavelski
Barret jackman
Js,geguire
Are my targets

Sedin sedin burrows
Booth kesler pavelski
Higgins Kelly Hansen
Kassian malhotra lapierre

Hamhuis bieksa
Edler jackman
Salo Ballard/tanev

Schneider
Giguire
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#36 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

why so many votes for weber? our top 4 defence is among the top of the league... and landing weber and his contract would mean saying goodbye to bieksa, edler, or hamhuis.

really, i dont get it guys... the thread is "who would be the best fit" - weber is probly the best player on the list, but not the best fit. defence wasnt our problem against LA.

sedin sedin nash
booth kesler higgins
burrows pahlsson hansen

best top line in the NHL - and our depth is extremely improved with burrows on the checking line, which becomes a pretty intense looking shutdown line.

Even it meant having to get rid of Edler or Bieksa, the Canucks would grab Weber in a heartbeat if they could. He controls games, plays 30 minutes a night and puts up points while being great defensively. He's a leader. He's physical. He's the number one D-man this team has never had.

When Edler's on his game, he's great (same with Bieksa) but too often his defensive game crumbles, seemingly out of nowhere, making us all wonder what happened to the player who looked like a Norris candidate. You can't win a Cup with that kind of inconsistency.

I still think this team can win it all, but they need to make some changes or risk stagnation. Adding a superstar to your blueline is never a bad thing.

Posted ImageMinnesota Wild CEO, President and General Manager, XBOX 360 CDC GM Connected LeaguePosted Image
http://capgeek.com/c...er.php?id=15035

#37 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,823 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

really, i dont get it guys... the thread is "who would be the best fit" - weber is probly the best player on the list, but not the best fit. defence wasnt our problem against LA.

sedin sedin nash
booth kesler higgins
burrows pahlsson hansen

best top line in the NHL - and our depth is extremely improved with burrows on the checking line, which becomes a pretty intense looking shutdown line.

Yes, it was. Defence isn't just about keeping out goals, it is also about initiating the play productively from our end - and we sucked. And the LA defence excelled while ours sucked - Ehrhoff wasn't just about his talent on the PP, he was about moving the puck out of our zone.

#38 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,568 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

This is my pipe dream roster for 2012-13

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Parise - Kesler - Patrick Kane
Moen - Kelly - Gaustad
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Weber
Hamhuis - Suter
Tanev - Connauton

Schneider
Lack

Cup please :)

We have a real strong defence but we are missing a Norris calibre level defencemen. Boston had one, in Chara, Detroit had it in Lidstrom, Chicago had theirs in Keith, Ducks once had 2, Neiderymer and Pronger, but we don't. Weber or Suter will give us the final piece of the puzzle.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#39 HockeyHobo73

HockeyHobo73

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

We should get Radulov and Kostitsyn. I need more people to party with during the playoffs next year.

#40 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

K, buddy, Kane is exactly what this team needs. I'd do Luongo++ for him in a heartbeat.

Kane - Kesler - Kassian go from most hated team in hockey to most racist. Lateral move. Kanes trashy mullet and Kassians missing tooth won't help the improve that image either.

#41 Darren_Y

Darren_Y

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Yes, it was. Defence isn't just about keeping out goals, it is also about initiating the play productively from our end - and we sucked. And the LA defence excelled while ours sucked - Ehrhoff wasn't just about his talent on the PP, he was about moving the puck out of our zone.

Bingo! so many times this year, watching the game, I see the team get trapped in their own zone or just give up the puck, due to our D messing up the pass... and what ehrhoff lacked in defensive awareness, he made up in speed... unlike salo or edler, he was much better at closing up the gap after giving up the puck.

A Weber would more or less be an upgrade to edler, he hits harder, shoots better, and is more defensively sound, only thing edler's got on him, is maybe his slap pass cross ice.

Edited by Darren_Y, 06 May 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#42 Skittles360

Skittles360

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

Kane - Kesler - Kassian go from most hated team in hockey to most racist. Lateral move. Kanes trashy mullet and Kassians missing tooth won't help the improve that image either.

Racist just cause they look like white trash hillbillies from Louisiana?

#43 Jacky_mak33

Jacky_mak33

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

I am not sure whether all of those listed players are available.
Out of the bug names, there are a few names that could really help us !

David Jones (young, solid physical forward with pretty good hands, should be able fit under our cap)

Jordin Tootoo (young physical 3rd or 4th liner for us, big upside, fan favourite)

Paul Gaustad (3rd line big center, if we let Pahlsson go, and trade Malhotra, I could see him being a nice fit, but gonna be quite expenive)

Scott Hannan (defensive d-men, Willie Mitchell type player, maybe able to help Edler)

#44 2009cupchamps

2009cupchamps

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

We have most of the pieces available, yet I would love to get Parise.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Parise-Kesler-Booth/Kassian
Higgins-Malholtra(if he can get back to his form pre injury)-Booth/Kassian
Volpatti-Lappierre-Hansen
Bitz

Edler-Wiedeman
Hamhius-Bieksa
Cannauton-Tanev
Alberts-Gragnani

Schnieder/Lack

Why you ask, I put Kassian on either the second or third line. Its simple its about player development, the kid is a raw talent with great size. I believe he will be great.

Rome also is not resigned. Ballard and Raymond is traded to make cap room for Parise and Weideman. Our top four D plays 23 min each a game then the bottom pairing (future) only needs to play 14 minutes agame.

#45 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Before deciding what fits best with the team we need to know what the team will look like after Lu leaves. The most possible and likely scenario is Lu to TBay for Malone. So then we have Sedins with Burrows / Kes, Booth , Malone. Backside is Bieksa with Hamhuis, Edler with ??? So I think we need to move Ballard (DUH) to fill in a top 4 Dman (bid bye-bye to Sami...thanks for all your efforts!). So with about 6-7mil (after Lu and Ballard gone / Cory re-signed) who could we reasonably expect to sign...and do you go for a RFA and let a UFA slip away in the mean-time?

Personally I felt that when we gave up Allen in the Lu trade (although Vancouver won that trade by a LONG shot) we gave up a solid 3/4 D-man with a big future with the Nucks. So this may be sentiment speaking but since he's UFA this summer I'd love to see the the hulking Bryan Allen back with us. If we go RFA then I think Kulikov would be the best fit (puck moving Dman although he's a left shot) but I'm sure Florida will defend all offers for him with much vigilance! But he'd be amazing to get...just wishing!

#46 FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Havlat,

perfect playmaker for the second line. lethal with kesler and booth (if we keep booth.)
Posted Image

#47 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

I'm gonna go off the board... asuming the likely scenario comes true in which the big guns like Suter, Parise, Weber, Wideman, Semin ect... I think we should go after Baret Jackman! Fellow BC boy, could be paired with Hammer
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#48 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Sedin Sedin Nash
Booth Staal Burrows
Hansen Lapierre Higgins
Weise Malhotra Kassian

Hamhius Bieksa
Ballard Schenn
Gragnani Salo
Alberts Tanev
Rome

64 million

#49 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

sedin sedin nash
booth kesler higgins
burrows pahlsson hansen

I would switch Higgins to the 3rd line and put Burrows on the 2nd line with Kesler. Other than that I like it.
We have a bunch of defense prospects that are going to either be worked into the lineup or end up being traded like Hodgson. They have to see that they have a chance to play in the NHL or will want to move on to another team that will play them.
At the forward position, we are thin as far as NHL prospects that are likely to become NHL regulars anytime soon whereas Sauve, Connaughton and Gragiani are close. Even if they are not a best fit, develop them like Hodgson and trade them for a player that does fit...that won't happen if they are in Chicago.
And yes, Nash is exactly what we need on the 1st line.....besides if we don't get a big forward like him, a team like SJ will. Anahiem...big 1st line, S Jose...Thorton/ Nash....

Edited by bluesman60, 06 May 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#50 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

i would say Bobby Ryan. He would be good for the Sedins.

Sedin-Sedin-Ryan
Burrows-Kesler-Booth
Higgins-Lappy-Hansen
????-Malhotra-Kassian

looks pretty decent imo. I would take Ryan personally, but another D-man would be nice as well. Ryan would be good if Kassian takes longer to develop. I would like to see him in a top 6 next year, but we'll see what happens...

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#51 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Racist just cause they look like white trash hillbillies from Louisiana?

K-K-K get it?

No Comprende?

#52 Hank's Secret Sauce

Hank's Secret Sauce

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

sedin sedin nash
booth kesler higgins
burrows pahlsson hansen

so you don't want Weber's contract (which doesn't even exist after this season) but you want Rick Nash's contract?

#53 Bazooka

Bazooka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

We don't need any of those players. We just have to clone aaron Rome

Sedin Sedin Rome
Kesler Booth Rome
Burrows phalson higgins
Malhotra kassian bitz

Edler - Rome
Hamhuis - Rome
Rome - Rome

I believe we will be well under cap with this roster.
BELIEVE IN BLUE

#54 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

so you don't want Weber's contract (which doesn't even exist after this season) but you want Rick Nash's contract?

I would take Nash's contract and be happy that he is already signed. The Sedin's with Nash would dominate.

Edited by bluesman60, 06 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#55 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

i didnt say i don't want webers contract... he is an amazing d-man and every team in the league is going to call about him.

but WITH his contract, and guaranteed spot on our top pairing, we would have to get rid of one of our top 3 d-men... which is why i dont think he is the "best fit" like this thread is asking for.

despite what people are saying about our D failing to help our offence get out of the zone etc, i still beleive our offence is more at fault for the first round exit - the fact that we dont need to remove any peices to make room for nash makes him the best fit IMO... and the trickle down effect of being able to put better players on lower lines (burrows or higgins) improves our team more than adding a d-man and subtracting a different d-man.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#56 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

pavelksi would be sick
Posted Image

#57 hockeyknowhow81

hockeyknowhow81

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

I don't know if he is available or not, but I want Tomas Plekanec. I think he would be a great fit with Kesler and Booth.

SOFT. I think we've learned the lesson with soft players, time to get bigger, stronger, faster and less whiny.

#58 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,954 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

Landeskog, Perron, Eller, Teubert, and Colborne via trades.
Jason Garrison, Steve Eminger and Cody McLeod via free agency

D. Sedin/H.Sedin/Landeskog
Burrows/Lapierre/Perron
Jensen/Eller/Hansen
McLeod/Colborne/Kassian

Hamhuis/Bieksa
Garrison/Tanev
Connauton/Teubert
Eminger

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 06 May 2012 - 02:20 PM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#59 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

The sedins need a true sniper

#60 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,279 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

The answer is obviously Weber.

Local boy, consistent play (imagine that), eats huge minutes against top players, is phsyical (imagine that), and would be desired by virtually every other team in the league, easily scoring 15-20 goals.

This would be a colossal upgrade on our backline, and immediately make us significantly tougher to play against

output_Pdq_B7_F.gif

i'm not alone; i'll never be

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.