Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Feelings Towards La's Success

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Is anyone frustrated, shocked, pleasantly surprised or perhaps even happy that the Kings are doing so well? I'm as big a Canuck fan as anyone else here, and how we lost to the Kings hurts, but who is cheering for LA at this point?

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#2 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:46 PM

I bet on the Kings to smash through the Blues.

However, I also bet on Nashville winning the cup.

Sometimes things just don't work out the way you planned

#3 nwo

nwo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

st Louis getting swept makes us look better but I hope they lose to phx or in the finals. Mike Richards does not deserve a cup.

#4 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

LA is like my ex girlfriend... I wish nothing but the best for them

Jk I hope they get owned.

Posted Image

#5 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I don't care. Both my teams are out.

Martin Brodeur is going to bring the Devils to the final and rock the Kings back to reality. He'll win the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup in 5 games.

#6 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

if you are a fan of boring hockey played by a team that has players who play on the edge of the rules and sometimes cross that line then i suppose you will like them , but i do not .and i hope some one knocks dustin brown into the next century .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#7 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'm not surprised that they're doing well at all. Even before they beat us I wouldn't have been surprised.

Under no circumstance do I want the Kings in the first round. In fact, I'd be happier if they missed the playoffs altogether.

I hope their fans enjoy the run. Because as we all know, they might have to wait a while for another.

#8 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:05 PM

if you are a fan of boring hockey played by a team that has players who play on the edge of the rules and sometimes cross that line then i suppose you will like them , but i do not .and i hope some one knocks dustin brown into the next century .

They haven't really been boring in the playoffs though. That's a myth that fans come up with to make them feel better about their own team being eliminated.

#9 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

My feeling for LA: :mad:
(My prediction for this years SCF: LA vs Philly)
Philly gonna own LA in the finals, Get ready for Giroux wrecking Quick :towel:

Posted Image

#10 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm a bitter Canucks fan, so I really want them to get eliminated next round.

#11 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

I am cheering for them. I hesitantly decided that a couple minutes after we lost to them.

They're an exciting team at the moment.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#12 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

LA Kings are the first 8th seed team in NHL history to eliminate the 1st and 2nd seed teams in the post season

in history

now back to Canucks talk

#13 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

I want a Flyers Vs. Kings Finals, with Flyers taking it in 7.

#14 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

I refuse to cheer for another team other then the Canucks. I'll watch parts of games, but can offer any emotion towards the outcome. It's been a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng 14 days since my last Canuck game, When does pre-season hockey start??

#15 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

easy run for them so far not much push back from the teams they have faced

#16 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Phoenix better destroy LA

#17 linden16kesler17

linden16kesler17

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm certainly not 'cheering' for them. I am actually of two minds on this,

I'm happy that they beat the Blues because they beat us so it just proves that they are a good team, therefore I feel better about losing to them.

HOWEVER, I also want vengeance! I want to see them LOSE because they beat us.

I was reading a Sportsnet article about the win and was surprised at some of the adjectives used to describe their wins over the Canucks

"After steamrolling top-seeded Vancouver " and "The Kings won just one playoff series in the ensuing 17 seasons before routing the Presidents' Trophy-winning Canucks" (http://www.sportsnet...r_nhl_playoffs/)

Hmmm...

#18 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

They haven't really been boring in the playoffs though. That's a myth that fans come up with to make them feel better about their own team being eliminated.

i would rather watch the philly -pittsburgh series or the philly- NJ series than watch the boring hockey that was played in the van -la series .and if our team had been beaten in a series where that sort of hockey had been played i would be feeling a lot better now .

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#19 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

LA Kings are the first 8th seed team in NHL history to eliminate the 1st and 2nd seed teams in the post season

in history

now back to Canucks talk

Keep in mind the the NHL went to a new play off format in 93-94, so beating a 1 and 2 is not all that much history

#20 Fakename70

Fakename70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

I refuse to cheer for another team other then the Canucks. I'll watch parts of games, but can offer any emotion towards the outcome. It's been a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng 14 days since my last Canuck game, When does pre-season hockey start??

I'm with you on that one. I actually live in L.A. now and it sucks you-know-what to be surrounded by head-in-the-clouds Kings fans on the subway a few times a week. No way I pull for any team other than VAN. No way. And, I would especially never cheer for the squad that ends their season. I don't understand that mentality at all, speaking of those who can switch loyalties so easily like that, if even for only a month.

I'd consider going if they make it to the SCF, though, but, that's only because it's the SCF. If you're a hockey fan and it's in your town, you go if you can. But, if I do go to a game, I won't be doing any cheering for one team over the other.

#21 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

You know what? Good for LA

I hope they make the finals but lose to the Caps or Flyers.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#22 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

in history

now back to Canucks talk

i have to admit that is a pretty impressive feat , but i never forget and i hope that karma catches up with brown , his hit on henrik was as late {less than a second ] as romes hit on horton , and look what happened to romer

Marjane Satrapi

Aldous Huxley.

#23 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm not cheering for them, more a little angry that a team of prima donas and underachievers who coasted through the regular season get rewarded by deciding to start playing to their potential just when the playoffs started .....against the Canucks, who were down their leading scorer.

I don't know if I should feel good or frustrated about the fact that in 4 of the last 5 Stanley Cup playoffs, the Canucks have been beaten by the eventual Stanley Cup winners (if you include Boston). eeeeeeeeeeeeeeergh!

#24 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Kings are playing great hockey. The type of hockey a team has to play to win. The Devils also play a similar style. Very hard working and high pace. How can anyone not like what LA is doing.

#25 Japandroid

Japandroid

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:45 PM

I don't think there's much you can say to diss the Kings. They're the hardest working team in the playoffs at the moment, their special teams are on fire, and Jonathan Quick is playing like the Vezina candidate he is. Don't get me wrong I'm choked that Vancouver lost in the first round but anybody who says that the Kings don't deserve to be doing as well as they are is speaking from a biased perspective. Call their playing style as boring and inferior as you want; the Canucks' system of scoring one goal and turtling to try and hang on to a 1-0 lead was lackluster given the amount of talent they have. I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup as long as they played hard to win it.

#26 Japandroid

Japandroid

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'm not cheering for them, more a little angry that a team of prima donas and underachievers who coasted through the regular season get rewarded by deciding to start playing to their potential just when the playoffs started .....against the Canucks, who were down their leading scorer.

Shows you how much regular season success factors in to the playoffs.

Besides making it in...not much.

#27 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,936 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

Give them credit for beating the number 1 and 2 seeds, but I agree that they didn't have much of a challenge from either of those teams.

Most of the Canucks didn't show up for that series, except for Schneider and the Sedins. And who really showed up for the Blues? Alot of no shows for them too.

If they actually face a team that's rolling in the next round like the Coyotes are, I think we`ll see a much different outcome.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#28 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

LA is much like the HAWKS and the BRUINS... the last two cup winners, getting free passes to hack, slash, cross check, elbow at will...the Bettman school of NHL officiating is doing great. The year of the bottom feeders, teams who need butts in the seats are getting a payday down south.

I haven't seen very many pretty goals of late, let alone the goalie situation on some teams have been the worst I've seen in years. Nothing like hockey night in America, where forth line plugs who get 0 shots on goal in a period, goon it up and slow it down nightly..."BALLS".

Edited by Geoff Peterson, 06 May 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#29 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,667 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

LA is much like the HAWKS and the BRUINS... the last two cup winners, getting free passes to hack, slash, cross check, elbow at will...the Bettman school of NHL officiating is doing great. The year of the bottom feeders, teams who need butts in the seats are getting a payday down south.

I haven't seen very many pretty goals of late, let alone the goalie situation on some teams have been the worst I've seen in years. Nothing like hockey night in America, where forth line plugs who get 0 shots on goal in a period, goon it up and slow it down nightly..."BALLS".

LA is nothing like the Bruins.

I respectfully disagree with this whole post. LA has a fanbase they dont need support

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#30 lappykass

lappykass

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:55 PM

i really love the flyers, obvs not as much as i love the canucks, so i hope Philly wins. But, LA deserves it as much as anybody else. Hats off to them

No matter what fate shall be laid upon us, every season, we will brush off our shoulders and bleed blue

canucks or bust.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.