The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Feelings Towards La's Success

I have no problem with watching the Kings win. They are a good team and deserving of their success.

Much like Chicago last season, I believe they are a much better team than a normal 8th seed. They just underperformed.

As far as who ultimately wins the Cup, I'd like to see a first time winner. Nashville is my preferred winner, but LA or Phoenix would be okay too. In the East, I'm suddenly a Caps fan....

They're a good team and they've stepped it up in the playoffs. Say all you want about the Kings "not really being challenged", but IMO you don't just beat the #1 and #2 seeds (with only one loss) by luck.

I'd rather see the Kings advance out of the West than Phoenix.. that's for sure. Nothing against the Yotes but they just don't affect me on an emotional level whatsoever.

I don't care if they did it to the Canucks. I just love hockey and when a team plays the way LA is playing I enjoy watching it. I love the way they are playing right now. Really fun to watch. The most hard working team in hockey right now.

You should complain to AV for not doing it to them then. You can't hate the Kings just because the Canucks put out a lazy effort in the playoffs.

Canucks aren't exactly a small and slow team either. They have the personnel to put on a relentless forecheck.

It's certainly relieving in a way they didn't just roll over in the 2nd round. It would've made Canucks look even worse. The Blues made the Canucks look better in the first round, just by getting swept. The Kings severely under-achieved during the regular season, but they were pegged from the beginning of the regular season to be top contenders in the west. Obviously they under-achieved during the regular season, but look at them now. They got it going at the perfectly right time, they were meant to go far this year and with Quick and their offensive outburst, I don't see them slowing down...

The angry fan inside me hopes they lose against Phoenix however.

Personally, I think LA2012 is Boston2011_v2.

Both PP's absolutely stunk in the playoffs, yet manage to light up the Canucks (while adding a few shorties). Both have big forwards who play the physical game, have a good PK, defense first system, but make their money 5 on 5. They both have lights out goaltenders who have stolen them games. Neither had point per game players in reg season, but get contributions from 1st to 4th line en route to Stanley. I see Dustin Brown as Marchand_v2, annoying divers who play borderline dangerous hockey - but put up the points. Mitchell is a lesser version of a steady- stay at home Chara. LA isn't as dirty as Boston was - but give them time, the playoffs aren't over.

Basically, Canucks lost to the same team (in a different uniform) for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs. The similarities between both series/teams are almost carbon copies. Maybe someone could build a team to prevent this from happening next yr, please and thanx.

Personally, I think LA2012 is Boston2011_v2.

Both PP's absolutely stunk in the playoffs, yet manage to light up the Canucks (while adding a few shorties). Both have big forwards who play the physical game, have a good PK, defense first system, but make their money 5 on 5. They both have lights out goaltenders who have stolen them games. Neither had point per game players in reg season, but get contributions from 1st to 4th line en route to Stanley. I see Dustin Brown as Marchand_v2, annoying divers who play borderline dangerous hockey - but put up the points. Mitchell is a lesser version of a steady- stay at home Chara. LA isn't as dirty as Boston was - but give them time, the playoffs aren't over.

Basically, Canucks lost to the same team (in a different uniform) for the 2nd straight year in the playoffs. The similarities between both series/teams are almost carbon copies. Maybe someone could build a team to prevent this from happening next yr, please and thanx.

I hope LA has success in the playoffs..I don't find them as detestable as the Bruins or the Hawks at all.......There were questionable hits in the Canucks-LA series,but that's the playoffs.I am more disappointed in the Canucks no-show than anything else(regardless of who their opponent was).

I think I'm more upset over the Phoenix Coyotes success. Such a weak fanbase shouldn't have a team go this deep in the playoffs!!!

As long as the Coyotes don't win the Cup, I have no beef with any of the other three teams left.

Archived