The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

his question was BEFORE the season. I predicted they would win the cup. They had Richards, Doughty, Quick, Johnson, Gagne, Brown, Kopitar, and people even thought Penner could redeem his 30 goal season. And with the additions of Carter midway through the season, they got even better.

EDIT: Where is your source that said no one predicted L.A. to win the cup?

his question was BEFORE the season. I predicted they would win the cup. They had Richards, Doughty, Quick, Johnson, Gagne, Brown, Kopitar, and people even thought Penner could redeem his 30 goal season. And with the additions of Carter midway through the season, they got even better.

You want to know what you remind me of. You remind me of those wannabe hindsight GM's. It's easy to say that you predicted such and such after it happened. You probably were one of those kids who said that we should have drafted Kopitar over Luc Bourdon( R.I.P Luc). I got news for you buddy it's easy to look back to the past and say that we should have taken Henrik Zetterberg, or stolen Pavel Datysuk... or maybe hell not even drafted Patrick White. You are right in the term that they had a solid core, but no one predicted them to start breaking out this year. People saw them as a contender for a playoff spot easily, but no one could predict that they would win the cup. My proof?

EA Sports, who has correctly guessed the finalist predicted a CHICAGO vs Pittsburgh final with Crosby hoisting his second cup in his career... which was promptly posted on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377442

Also need i remind you all experts on the NHL website chose the Canucks over the Kings in a varying number of games... meaning that no one expected them to even make that big of a dent into the Playoffs.

http://gamerant.com/...gs-dyce-151647/

In conclusion it is very easy to say that everyone (other then fans who predict their team to win the cup every year) that very few to none of us could see the Kings hoisting the Stanley cup in 2012. Oh and a hint next time do a little research before blindly posting... it'll help your reputation a bit.

Archived