The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Words Fail Me

Buddhas Hand

Exactly!  And not one penguin is calling any other penguin names and they treat each other as a family with mutual respect.

Instead of just observing and making comments, we need to start learning from the things we see is this beautiful world.

I am expressing my contempt for the actions of the people whose only contribution to the topic was to mock me .do not try to twist my words in an attempt to make it look like I am attacking you or anyone else .I do not have a go at people about the way they post information up and I expect to be treated the same way. as I have explained my computer skills are poor and I am trying to improve them .

Because some children have two mothers or two fathers, and other children and said other children's parents will certainly encounter them. If there is going to be a book written as a love story it makes sense that homosexuals, who are part of the human population, are included. Ignoring this as if homosexuality doesn't exist is counter-productive to what an education stands for. The moral, religious issue of homosexuality stays at home.

Instead of worrying about if the penguins are gay or not how about teaching children math so that by the time they are in highschool they can learn things line finance and accounting. The benefits to society would be immense.

Ha! Who am I kidding! Carry on!

That was said much better - thank you.

"Dear Mrs. Doubtfire, two months ago, my mom and dad decided to separate. Now they live in different houses. My brother Andrew says that we aren't to be a family anymore. Is this true? Did I lose my family? Is there anything I can do to get my parents back together? Sincerely, Katie McCormick." Oh, my dear Katie. You know, some parents, when they're angry, they get along much better when they don't live together. They don't fight all the time, and they can become better people, and much better mummies and daddies for you. And sometimes they get back together. And sometimes they don't, dear. And if they don't, don't blame yourself. Just because they don't love each other anymore, doesn't mean that they don't love you. There are all sorts of different families, Katie. Some families have one mommy, some families have one daddy, or two families. And some children live with their uncle or aunt. Some live with their grandparents, and some children live with foster parents. And some live in separate homes, in separate neighborhoods, in different areas of the country - and they may not see each other for days, or weeks, months... even years at a time. But if there's love, dear... those are the ties that bind, and you'll have a family in your heart, forever. All my love to you, poppet, you're going to be all right... bye-bye.

Why thank you for agreeing, even if you said false earlier in that post than what I quoted (even when admitting its truth by agreeing), and furthermore took a general statement of kids at that age (to a variable degree obviously and not every single child in existence present and past) understand the concept of sex and homosexuality and turned it into some mind-numbing absolutist straw man wet dream.

Words escape me as I try to speak....

Who really cares?

So some people want a book banned from an elementary school.

Things get banned all the time. A line from Dire Straits "Money for Nothing" was banned last year here in Canada because someone complained that it was offensive to them.

BTW - the latest on these penguins?

"Roy and Silo eventually split when Silo became interested in a female penguin. In 2009, gay San Francisco Zoo penguins Harry and Pepper would similarly break up after Harry took up with a female penguin."

Saw that in this article:

http://news.national...es-zoo-keepers/

So did the authors of the first book write a followup story?

Were they just writing the book to describe what happened to the original penguins?

"We wrote the book to help parents teach children about same-sex parent families. It's no more an argument in favor of human gay relationships than it is a call for children to swallow their fish whole or sleep on rocks." —co-author Justin Richardson

Okay. Whatever.

I guess nobody's right and everyone's wrong? Or is it the other way?

The question is - at what age is it appropiate to teach children about same sex families?

The next quetstion is, should our schools be teaching that or should the parents?

Archived