Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Proposal] Canucks - Lightning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

#31 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

There is no way Hedman come to Vancouver unless Vancouver is willing to part with Polasek.

And im not sure Vancouver is ready to trade Polasek yet.

Polasek does have some upside and seems to be a promising physical defenseman.

Very interesting mention, just wondering what made you think only way we can have Hedman here if only he parts with us?
Posted Image

#32 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

Polasek does have some upside and seems to be a promising physical defenseman.

Very interesting mention, just wondering what made you think only way we can have Hedman here if only he parts with us?

Going out on a limb here, but I suspect he was having a bit of fun with us... :)

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#33 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

as sweet as it would be to get hedman for luongo, i cant see tampa moving what will be their cornerstone dman for luongo. but stranger things have happened.

#34 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hedman is nowhere near the d-man that Edler is right now.

If we traded Edler straight up for Hedman, I'd be choked.

Edler sucks. I'd make that trade in a second. At least Hedman has a brain.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#35 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

Lol @ anyone dumb enough to think Edler will be moved. Maybe in 10 years.

Hodgson was traded

Chopper-for-life-7-600x200.png

If we don't even dump one veteran, I'll stop posting on CDC until October 7th. It's that disappointing. - Tom Sestito, June 27th.

#36 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

as sweet as it would be to get hedman for luongo, i cant see tampa moving what will be their cornerstone dman for luongo. but stranger things have happened.

Tanev is a young smart defenseman that won't replace him but has a lot of promise. TBL can also sign or trade for other solid Dmen who can contribute. They also have Aulie who has a lot of promise

I think this trade is possible because Tampa had a great team this season. The only thing that held them back was poor goaltending.

I haven't looked it up but I'm pretty sure they were among tops in the NHL of being blown out in games 5-6+ goals allowed and certainly one of the tops in goals allowed
Posted Image

#37 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

Terrible trade for us. he contributes but he screws us over in terms of our salary cap.

We can get someone younger, with more potential and a lower cap hit. Think future.

If we do this what the heck are we gonna do with Lapierre, Higgins, Burrows and Edler next season. As of right now they should get a raise from their current contract. Burrows and Edler should score big time!

Lecavalier is 32 are aging. But if we are planning to get a Cup in the next 3 years I think we should grab him. The window is closing and its too early to rebuild.

I don't like 1 year rental players neither, but Lecavalier won't be a rental. He is signed for long term. Sometimes you just got to go for it.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#38 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

If TB wants Luongo, they are looking to tighten up their goaltending and defense. Losing Hedman will go against that plan. That's why I think it's unlikely Hedman will be moved for Luongo.

#39 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

lets get the trade done

Attached Files

3ab53391304f614b13c048696ff0cb49.jpg?ito

#40 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

Lecavalier is 32 are aging. But if we are planning to get a Cup in the next 3 years I think we should grab him. The window is closing and its too early to rebuild.

I don't like 1 year rental players neither, but Lecavalier won't be a rental. He is signed for long term. Sometimes you just got to go for it.

You are basically saying if we are planning to get the cup then we should acquire him.

I'm telling you right that we will not win the cup with him. If we acquire him we risk losing at least 1 maybe more of those players that I mentioned who are all key to our success.

We will be able to find other options that will contribute to our team and will also keep us in a good money situation for the future

Edited by nd84, 15 May 2012 - 04:55 PM.

Posted Image

#41 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Something i just want to mention about this trade proposal and my other thread with the trade with Toronto

Consider how much of a difference it would of made for Toronto and Tampa Bay if they had a superstar 1A goalie this season. I strongly believe that they would of made playoffs if they did.

That is why I think these trades are possibly. They will receive a key piece in their success, also receiving an okay speed winger who can move up and down the line up, a young defenseman with experience and promise (they will also have other young players in Lee and Aulie), and will retain (or add if we give a 2nd rounder) a 1st round pick this year.
Posted Image

#42 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

Edited by nd84, 15 May 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Paul Bissonnette

Paul Bissonnette

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Edler sucks? Edler>>>Hedman. If you've seen Hedman play, he has a good chance at being a bust, and is no where near Edler. Good thing that Mike Gillis also has a brain, this is why emotional cdcers are not GM's

#44 Paul Bissonnette

Paul Bissonnette

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hodgson was traded

You might want to look up why Hodgson was traded...

#45 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,149 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

:picard:

That is all.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#46 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:12 PM

To TB: Luongo, Ballard, a d-man prospect (Parent? Other? I'd be reluctant to hand over Tanev).

To Van: Purcell, Aulie, TB 1st, Garon

TB gets a great goalie and lots more help on defense. The cap hit is high but their team has enough space to absorb it and still sign the players needed to fill their roster. With the chance that Ohlund could retire then they have taht much more space.

Vancouver gets a pretty good young winger, a big, physical d-man with a fair amount of upside and a top 10 pick. Garon is for salary dump for TB (only one year left). Vancouver also winds up with around $5 million in free cap space to sign the UFA of your choice.

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Teddy Purcell ($2.363m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Aaron Volpatti ($0.650m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Byron Bitz ($0.700m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.550m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($7.000m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Chris Tanev ($0.900m) / Keith Aulie ($0.733m)
Sami Salo ($2.000m) / Marc-Andre Gragnani ($0.650m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($3.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,895,833; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,404,167

Suter added as he is the "dream" signing of so many folks around here.

Kassian would be in the minors to develop unless he shows he is ready for the NHL, in which case there could be an additional trade to make space.

regards,
G.

#47 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

To TB: Luongo, Ballard, a d-man prospect (Parent? Other? I'd be reluctant to hand over Tanev).

TB gets a great goalie and lots more help on defense. The cap hit is high but their team has enough space to absorb it and still sign the players needed to fill their roster. With the chance that Ohlund could retire then they have taht much more space.

Vancouver gets a pretty good young winger, a big, physical d-man with a fair amount of upside and a top 10 pick. Garon is for salary dump for TB (only one year left). Vancouver also winds up with around $5 million in free cap space to sign the UFA of your choice.

FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($3.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
------

Kassian would be in the minors to develop unless he shows he is ready for the NHL, in which case there could be an additional trade to make space.

regards,
G.

Don't think Tampa is just gonna trade Aulie like that after acquiring him.

I think there is very little chance Suter signs here and Salo will not be in the press box.
Posted Image

#48 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Don't think Tampa is just gonna trade Aulie like that after acquiring him.

I think there is very little chance Suter signs here and Salo will not be in the press box.

Pretty much agree, particularly about Suter. This was merely for examination of the question from various angles, and as noted, the Suter signing was pretty much just eye candy. The point was that there would be a lot of cap space. :)

If Hedman is removed from the list of possible players who could be traded to Vancouver, what do they have left? If all the guys with NTC's are also removed from the list, and the guys who we may assume Vancouver would not want to take are also removed from the list, there's: the two 1st rounders (the TB pick being the more valuable of the two), Purcell, Connolly and... ?

I'm assuming TB would like to keep Connolly. They already traded one young forward (Ashton) to get Aulie. This leaves Yzerman with Purcell and the picks. I'm not sure that a deal can be reached with just those assets on the other side of the table. Vancouver would want assets which could help now and for years to come. Adding any other prospects TB has on the farm are likely not going to cut it in a deal for Luongo.

This is why I suggest that Gillis might offer more to get more (Ballard, a d-man prospect, and perhaps a pick) which could free up Aulie.and the better TB 1st pick.

regards,
G.

#49 nd84

nd84

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Pretty much agree, particularly about Suter. This was merely for examination of the question from various angles, and as noted, the Suter signing was pretty much just eye candy. The point was that there would be a lot of cap space. :)

If Hedman is removed from the list of possible players who could be traded to Vancouver, what do they have left? If all the guys with NTC's are also removed from the list, and the guys who we may assume Vancouver would not want to take are also removed from the list, there's: the two 1st rounders (the TB pick being the more valuable of the two), Purcell, Connolly and... ?

I'm assuming TB would like to keep Connolly. They already traded one young forward (Ashton) to get Aulie. This leaves Yzerman with Purcell and the picks. I'm not sure that a deal can be reached with just those assets on the other side of the table. Vancouver would want assets which could help now and for years to come. Adding any other prospects TB has on the farm are likely not going to cut it in a deal for Luongo.

This is why I suggest that Gillis might offer more to get more (Ballard, a d-man prospect, and perhaps a pick) which could free up Aulie.and the better TB 1st pick.

regards,
G.

Yes. Perhaps Purcell can be acquired in a similar deal to mine. Maybe minus Tanev.

If this is done I hope we can sign or trade for a defenseman to play with Edler.

Another option is the trade proposed in a separate thread with Toronto

To Toronto:
Luongo
Tanev
Raymond (RFA Rights)
1st Round Pick

To Vancouver:
Luke Schenn
1st Round Pick (Dumba?)

Pretty Much Tanev and Raymond for Schenn (has been in dog house and struggled this season, Gardiner raised his value this season)

Luongo and 1st for Toronto's first

The main piece of this trade is Luongo though which is something Toronto needed this season so if anyone things this is uneven at all I think Toronto's mentality of needed a proven 1A goalie will make it even for them. (Along with Tampa Bay)
Posted Image

#50 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:07 PM

FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($3.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
------

regards,
G.

Purcell is good but he is UFA after next year. Are you sure you want to trade Luongo away for a 2nd line rental?

#51 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Yes. Perhaps Purcell can be acquired in a similar deal to mine. Maybe minus Tanev.

If this is done I hope we can sign or trade for a defenseman to play with Edler.

Another option is the trade proposed in a separate thread with Toronto

To Toronto:
Luongo
Tanev
Raymond (RFA Rights)
1st Round Pick

To Vancouver:
Luke Schenn
1st Round Pick (Dumba?)

Pretty Much Tanev and Raymond for Schenn (has been in dog house and struggled this season, Gardiner raised his value this season)

Luongo and 1st for Toronto's first

The main piece of this trade is Luongo though which is something Toronto needed this season so if anyone things this is uneven at all I think Toronto's mentality of needed a proven 1A goalie will make it even for them. (Along with Tampa Bay)

Maybe the deal could be fattened up a bit and the Canucks could also get Ashton...

regards,
G.

#52 sting

sting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

No way on Purcell. Might as well go after Parenteau another talented but SOFT forward who is UFA. It's Connolly or bust IMO on the TB goalie trade. TB would consider this as they have St.Louis,Purcell, Panik, Namestnikov and just signed JT Brown. They have great depth at RW.

Luongo and Ballard for Connelly and the #20 pick.

#53 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Purcell is good but he is UFA after next year. Are you sure you want to trade Luongo away for a 2nd line rental?

Yeah, I saw that contract situation and it is a risk with Purcell, however, how much different is it trading for a guy who has two years left on his deal, or what-ever? They all may up and leave when their deal is done. :)

The guy will re-sign here or he won't. I like to think he will. Gillis might even get the right to discuss a new contract with Purcell prior to the completion of his current deal. If he made it clear that he was unwilling to stay in Vancouver, Gillis could either refuse the deal, seek a replacement asset for Purcell, or move him as a rental to some other team.

This being said, Aulie and the TB 1st would still be nice to have.

regards,
G.

#54 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

No way on Purcell. Might as well go after Parenteau another talented but SOFT forward who is UFA. It's Connolly or bust IMO on the TB goalie trade. TB would consider this as they have St.Louis,Purcell, Panik, Namestnikov and just signed JT Brown. They have great depth at RW.

Luongo and Ballard for Connelly and the #20 pick.

I see that as an underpayment on their part. If it had Aulie and/or the TB 1st then it might be better.

regards,
G.

#55 Gino Gino Gino

Gino Gino Gino

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

FORWARDS
DEFENSEMEN
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($3.500m)
Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)
------

regards,
G.

I like this trade, but I don't think it will happen. There is just too much salary heading to TB in this trade with too little returning. I think that we would have to replace Purcel with Malone. The money might make sense then, so long as TB uses Ballard as a top four (making his salary more reasonable).

Edit: The prospect would have to be pretty good too, these days teams hate giving up those top picks.

Edited by Gino Gino Gino, 17 May 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.