The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Lightning

I have been seeing Hedman in a lot of proposals. I don't mind him seeing here at all as he is capable of logging huge amounts of ice time. But one thing I'm concerned about is that expectations will be really high for him. At the age of 21, can he handle all that pressure?

I have been seeing Hedman in a lot of proposals. I don't mind him seeing here at all as he is capable of logging huge amounts of ice time. But one thing I'm concerned about is that expectations will be really high for him. At the age of 21, can he handle all that pressure?

- A 26 year old 6'3 215, 49 point defender

- A 26 year old speedy defensive forward and good penalty killer

- A 22 year old right handed defenseman (which they lack) who is calm in his own zone

That is pretty good value if you ask me.

Terrible trade for us. he contributes but he screws us over in terms of our salary cap.

We can get someone younger, with more potential and a lower cap hit. Think future.

If we do this what the heck are we gonna do with Lapierre, Higgins, Burrows and Edler next season. As of right now they should get a raise from their current contract. Burrows and Edler should score big time!

Lecavalier is 32 are aging. But if we are planning to get a Cup in the next 3 years I think we should grab him. The window is closing and its too early to rebuild.

I don't like 1 year rental players neither, but Lecavalier won't be a rental. He is signed for long term. Sometimes you just got to go for it.

Archived