The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

By Resigning Av, Gillis And Aquilini's Showed Us Fans That They Don't Care About Winning

miles.p

Why do Canucks fans seem so entitled where they think the Cup is somehow owed to us? I don't understand it.

There's a lot of people out there that have to get it through their heads that the Cup is not easy to win. There's 30 teams at the beginning of every season on even footing as the Canucks. Anything less than a Cup is generally a failure for almost 2/3rds of the league. 29 coaches and gms aren't fired every season. Teams keep guys who bring success. AV and Gillis have done that.

Keep them. Keep moving forward.

wow, I don't get some fans opinions on AV, Gillis, the Aqualininis, & the Canucks period. Its not an easy job to win the Stanley Cup, if you can do the job then go apply, give your opinion and then watch them show you the door. So far in AV's reign, I have been pretty impressed, he is the winningest Canucks coach, we have an elite team built by Burke, then Gillis, we put out a winning product and have successful.............. wait is this guy trolling???

Active NHL coaches with Stanley Cups

Mike Babcock, 1

Dan Bylsma, 1

Randy Carlyle, 1

Marc Crawford, 1

Ken Hitchcock, 1

Claude Julien, 1

Peter Laviolette, 1

Joel Quenneville, 1

John Tortorella, 1

Either Darryl Sutter or Peter DeBoer will get one this year. How many times did Sutter fail to win it before this year? Does this mean every coach not on this list is awful and anyone on this list has had their Cup and needs to be fired?

Why do Canucks fans seem so entitled where they think the Cup is somehow owed to us? I don't understand it.

There's a lot of people out there that have to get it through their heads that the Cup is not easy to win. There's 30 teams at the beginning of every season on even footing as the Canucks. Anything less than a Cup is generally a failure for almost 2/3rds of the league. 29 coaches and gms aren't fired every season. Teams keep guys who bring success. AV and Gillis have done that.

Keep them. Keep moving forward.

So many just don't seem to get it. It doesn't matter if you place first overall. When it comes to the playoffs it's a crapshoot of 6 to 8 teams every year that are good enough to win. What it really comes down to is who gets hot at the right time and/or who gets those lucky breaks. Playoffs = anything can happen.

I've been following since day one and can say this is the best team we've had. I went through season after season knowing the team had no hope of winning a cup. At least this one does. Worry less about the cup and enjoy having a team this good while you can. After all, you never know how long it will last.

2 wins in last 10 playoff games

Can't adjust in game and consistently outcoached

Raymond sighting in first or second line.

Team plays with no sense or urgency or toughness

If i was part of management, i'd be very interested in finding out what i've been smoking, because i just agreed to sign AV for 2 more years.

Mike Gillis doesn't care about winning........? Yet we seem to be the best team in the league the past 2 years? Does this thread make any sense?

Aquilini doesn't care about winning? Yet he has pumped more money into this organization than probably any other team in the league? Not just by spending right to the salary cap, but by bringing in extra trainers, nutritionalists, sleep doctors, etc.

Someone tell me this is a joke.

Kids, the Stanley Cup is not owed to us, it's an incredibly hard trophy to win. The Canucks have been on the winning end of things for quite some time, making the playoffs year after year, enabling us to compete for the cup every year. This model gives us the best chance at winning.

Mike Gillis and AV have, and are, making mistakes. Knowledgeable fans are calling them out on them.

Yes, it's hard to win the Cup and 29 teams don't every year. That is true. However, the ones that do, minimize their mistakes as much as possible to give their teams the best chance to win.

Gillis and AV are going to have to minimize their mistakes going forward, if this team is to have a chance. And of course, the players are going to have to deliver top performances as a united group as well.

For too long, Canucks fans have suffered mediocre teams. Now that Vancouver has a team that has a chance, I mean, really has a chance, the fans are speaking up when they see mediocrity. They are entitled to their passion and they should know what mediocrity looks like from their experience. Management has to accept that, and I, for one, support the knowledgeable voicing of concerns from the fan base. You have to face the music if you fail no matter what you do, so Management shouldn't be exempt.

Mike Gillis and AV have, and are, making mistakes. Knowledgeable fans are calling them out on them.

Yes, it's hard to win the Cup and 29 teams don't every year. That is true. However, the ones that do, minimize their mistakes as much as possible to give their teams the best chance to win.

Gillis and AV are going to have to minimize their mistakes going forward, if this team is to have a chance. And of course, the players are going to have to deliver top performances as a united group as well.

For too long, Canucks fans have suffered mediocre teams. Now that Vancouver has a team that has a chance, I mean, really has a chance, the fans are speaking up when they see mediocrity. They are entitled to their passion and they should know what mediocrity looks like from their experience. Management has to accept that, and I, for one, support the knowledgeable voicing of concerns from the fan base. You have to face the music if you fail no matter what you do, so Management shouldn't be exempt.

i could not give a ...... how many times we make the playoffs or regular season success as long as we win it once. AV has not got ahold of the dressing room when he needed to. has not set some lines that can gel and stuck with it. puts raymond on the top line when it matters most. plays favorites and holds some players accountable for their blunders and not others.

the offence has dried up under his watch and has been outcoached consistently in the playoffs. he hampers any potential return on trades by opening his mouth to the media. i could go on all day long.

getting 12 goals in the last 10 playoff games going 2-8 when we are suppoesed to be among the favorites speaks for itself. those of you who support AV are delusional. I would be willing to gamble on Michel Therrien or see whos heads roll this off season

What mistakes and failures are you talking about?

Sure getting beat in the first round isn't fun, but they got beat by a better team. Fans have to realize the Canucks won't be the best team in the playoffs every year.

Fans also have to remember that this same team, a year ago, was at the SCF! Does this not account for anything?

No team is going to be mistake free, but for the op to suggest that this management group and ownership doesn't care about winning is just well, not true.

If anyone is suggesting this team is mediocre, they have no idea what they're watching. People should feel privileged to watch a team with so much talent as this one.

getting 12 goals in the last 10 playoff games going 2-8 when we are suppoesed to be among the favorites speaks for itself. those of you who support AV are delusional. I would be willing to gamble on Michel Therrien or see whos heads roll this off season

Archived