Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velleman

Canucks Should Keep Luongo and Trade Schneider - Article

157 posts in this topic

I've been thinking the exact same concept. If Schneider gets traded, they have the utmost confidence that Eddie Lack is going to be able to take the next step.

If MG does decide it best to trade Schneids, a lot more options would be available. Columbus would definately be back in the fold. I could see Anaheim being interested in an upgrade. Gotta think Tampa would be a little miffed.

If MG does decide it best to trade Schneids, a lot more options would be available. Columbus would definately be back in the fold. I could see Anaheim being interested in an upgrade. Gotta think Tampa would be a little miffed.

Still risky,

Schenn for Schneider...no way! Add in a young prospect that may not be able to handle the NHL for a couple years and you have given up a potential star goalie for a struglling D man and a no-show prospect while the Sedins age a couple more years.

They might trade schneider, but I believe " the team" is more comfortable and trusts in Schneider more ! He also fits into the younger gategory....would have to be blockbuster and team changing for MG to include Schneider in a deal.

It's come down to.. I don't care who we keep anymore, just want to see the Canucks win a cup already.

What I proposed from the beginning and makes perfect sense.

Honestly, I'm a Schneider fan, but if we ended up keeping Lou, I wouldnt be that upset either. They're both amazing goaltenders; I'm just sorta out of patience with Lou, which is Ironic because this year really wasnt his fault...same with the Stanley Cup Finals.

If he can get more in return for Schneider than he can for Luongo then it's a no-brainer to me....

Trade whoever will get us the most back, we have 2 #1 goalies we'll be fine with whoever we keep

I have been saying the Canucks will trade Schneider and keep Luongo all along this so called "goalie controversy".

Obviously I don't have any inside info on this situation but it just makes more sense when you take every thing into account, including but not limited to Luongo's NTC, Schneider's lack of NTC and the potential return for Schneider.

I still think the Canucks will keep Luongo and trade Schneider. CBJ would pay a king's ransom for Schneider.

Guess we will all find out very soon.

Keep Luongo. Get a solid D in the draft. Solidify D, and Luongo should be better in net.

It's riskier to rely on Schneider to play 60 games (double what he's ever played before) than Luongo to turn out another 30 win season which we all know he's capable of.

It's riskier to rely on Schneider to somehow go on a magical cup run in the playoffs when he's got a career playoff record of 1 win and has nothing to draw back upon in terms of experience.

It's riskier to even have Lack as our backup in either situation when he's never played an NHL game before.

Canucks should try and keep both goalies, if not trade Schneider for a solid defenceman who can play upwards of 20 minutes and find a backup in the UFA market.

At this point trading Cory makes most sense, but if your looking at the future then trading Luongo makes more sense. The only problem here is the fans and media because we want a cup NOW and not later.

That is why trading Schneider would make more sense because we would get a whole lot more in return. Trade Luongo would still get you a solid return but by trading Cory you get a little bit better return.

For Luongo I would expect Top 4 D, Bottom 6 Forward, prospect, 1st Round Pick (23-30).

For Schneider I would expect Top 6 Forward, Bottom 2 D (Bryan Allen type), Prospect, 1st Round Pick (Top 15), 3rd Round Pick.

If we want a cup within the next 3-4 years, then trading Schneider would give us the best chance at that.

If he can get more in return for Schneider than he can for Luongo then it's a no-brainer to me....

Trade whoever will get us the most back, we have 2 #1 goalies we'll be fine with whoever we keep

At this point trading Cory makes most sense, but if your looking at the future then trading Luongo makes more sense. The only problem here is the fans and media because we want a cup NOW and not later.

That is why trading Schneider would make more sense because we would get a whole lot more in return. Trade Luongo would still get you a solid return but by trading Cory you get a little bit better return.

For Luongo I would expect Top 4 D, Bottom 6 Forward, prospect, 1st Round Pick (23-30).

For Schneider I would expect Top 6 Forward, Bottom 2 D (Bryan Allen type), Prospect, 1st Round Pick (Top 15), 3rd Round Pick.

If we want a cup within the next 3-4 years, then trading Schneider would give us the best chance at that.