10335 replies to this topic

#1771 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

TRADE: The Anaheim Ducks have made a trade with the Minnesota Wild.

To ANA:
Eric O'Dell
Matt Taormina
MIN 2014 2nd Round Draft Selection

To MIN:
Keith Ballard

Minnesota is thrilled to acquire another veteran defender for our top 4. Ballard is expected to get a chance playing alongside Andrei Markov on the 1st pairing to start the season.....if it starts that is.

We wish to thank Matt Taormina and Eric O'Dell for their service and wish them luck with their new team.

#1772 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Since it is about a year since I took over this team I thought it would be cool to give everyone an idea of the changes I have made in that time......even I didn't realize just how much my team has changed....wow.

Updated Minnesota Lineup

Dany Heatley-Nicklas Backstrom(A)-Jeff Carter

Mikael Granlund-Travis Zajac(Cpt)-Devin Setoguchi

Curtis Glencross-Frans Nielsen-JT Brown

Daniel Paille-Andrew Shaw-Jack Skille

Keith Ballard(A)-Andrei Markov

Jordan Leopold-Andrew MacDonald

Ian Cole-Justin Braun

Ilya Bryzgalov

Henrik Karlsson

Kootenay Ice

Kyle Beach-Max Reinhart-Bobby Butler

Pat Maroon-Max Sauve-Jimmy Hayes

Matt Fraser-Paul Byron-Taylor Beck

Matt Kassian, Jesper Fast

Brandon Gormley-Alex Urbom

Thomas Hickey-Steven Kampfer

David Warsofsky-Taylor Chorney

Martin Jones

Connor Knapp

Unsigned Players

Alexander Khokhlachev
Rickard Rakell
Alexander Ruutu
Mark McNeill
JT Miller
Matt Puempel
Ryan Murray
Hampus Lindholm
Dalton Thrower
Mark Jankowski
Damon Severson

Black denotes players already on the team when I took over as GM

Red denotes players I brought in via trade

Green denotes players I signed as free agents

Blue denotes players I brought in via waiver wire acquisition

Orange are players I drafted

Here is the opening night roster from last season which was one day before I took over the team.....

Forwards:
C. Glenncross | Niklas Backstrom | D. Setoguchi
J. Ward | Brad Boyes | D Perron *IR
R. Jones | Matias Ritola | K. Wilson
B. Butler | P. Maroon | Mark Mancari

D:
Kubina | Stralman
Volchenkov | Gleason
Leopold | Chorney
Steven Kampfer ** IR

Goal:
Bryzgalov
Clemmenson

Assigned to Farm:

F Chris Vandevelde
F Kyle Beach
F Brandon Segal

D Thomas Hickey
D Matt Taormina
D Arturs Kulda
D Justin Braun

G M.Jones
G C. Knapp

Thoughts on the job I did in my 1st year?

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 16 September 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#1773 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:40 AM

Damn you C2X and your lockout!!!

Posted Image

#1774 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,304 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

I am normally very pro labour..and even in this case I wish the league commish would back down a lot in his clawback of wages...but it has to be said that a 17 or 18% rollback for millionaire employees is different than for a guy feeding 4 kids and paying a mortgage at 'sane' rates of pay. The player isn't hurt by this rollback by any means, it is not a financial hardship....and so i don't really care about the rollback
Also, 17% paycut over 5 or 6 years is...the same as a lost seasons full pay...so if you scrap the season to fight over it and end up clawing back even 2% next summer in an agreement...your now out 102% over seven years vice out just 100 over 7 years. SOmehing to think about. At some point no pay for x months will equal the amount your fighting over over 5 or 6 years...whats it really worth ?

Getting caught up in the size of the numbers is meaningless. Almost every one of the players is overpaid, I'm not arguing that at all.

But if you gave back 24% of your salary to get back to work 7 years ago, and since then the company has posted record profits every year for 7 straight years, explain to me why exactly you should be forced to give back money again?? Business went up, not down. There's more money in the pot, not less.

How much the players salary is, no matter how ridiculous, is completely irrelevant. It's the principal of the matter. If business grows and makes more money, how can anyone justify saying "we need you to take a pay cut"? If the company you worked for was doing well, bringing in record profits year after year after year, would you like it if your bosses said to you, "look, you're going to have to take a pay cut"

Player salaries and salary escalation are not the problems, as the NHL wants you to think it is. The problem is incompetent and irresponsible management. The owners and GMs of teams are the ones offering this money. If, as Gary Bettman says, they feel they are paying too much money to the players, there's a simple solution that doesn't require this ridiculous lockout nonsense: STOP OFFERING RIDICULOUS CONTRACTS!!! If the owners are so united that they're willing to carpet bomb every bit of progress they've made in the last 7 years (because make no mistake, the fans aren't just heartbroken this time, we're p****ed off...) just to save a few million bucks, surely they'd be united enough to just say "hey, this kind of player is only worth this much tops, and no team will offer more than that."

If they can't do that, this whole lockout song and dance is pointless. Because no matter what system the league eventually implements, as soon as the thing is ratified, teams will have people working on how to squeeze the most out of it, how to jump through the loopholes, etc.... anything to get a competitive edge. This signing spree right before the deadline proves it. They all cry poor, we can't keep going in this system (you know, the one they cancelled an entire season to get before proclaiming that this was the one that would provide long term stability and ensure every team can survive... sound familiar?) and that teams are losing money hand over fist. But then they turn around and hand over long term deals, many of which are WAY above what the player likely is worth, in a panic to get them in before the rules are changed.

The really frustrating part? If Phoenix had been moved as it should have been (and still should be) and Columbus was moved, we wouldn't be in this mess. Seriously. Can't remember where I read it, but that was basically the jist of it. These 2 drowning franchises, because of the system we are in, are basically dragging the rest of the league down with them. If Bettman wasn't so stubborn as to insist on keeping them there when they clearly aren't going to be sustainable, we'd be getting ready for training camp instead of unfollowing @NHL on twitter and ranting on message boards.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#1775 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

WSA,

I like your building process due to the players you kept on as much or more than the players you brought in. I am trying to keep that balance on this team I took over. When I look at last year on the Rangers, I see a team that with even a slight change now and again to the lineup, a small hand on the rudder, may have actually made the playoffs. I figured I didn't want to make drastic changes to that chemistry in the room, but to make a few tweaks and improve. I can't recall your team when you took it over, but keeping key figures is critical, Backstrom, Bryz, Setaguchi, Leopold, are players worthy of keeping around while you build the support units around them. Bryz is a little crazy at time, but all the good goalies are. haha. I hope in a year, I have a very good balance between players I inherited and a rebuild around the core that are worth keeping.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1776 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,304 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Damn you C2X and your lockout!!!

If I was in charge of the real NHL (and I could totally do that, by the way... seriously...) we'd have had a fair deal done in July and we wouldn't even mention that God forsaken word.

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#1777 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

I can't argue with your comment Curt, in principle I completely agree. Even my 'Mitt Romney' style throat cutter, profit by any means necessary drinking buddy agrees, and is with the players on this one. I was just saying if you don't sign the pay reduction, eventually your locked out long enough that you lose all the income your fighting for. If it was just about principle, we wouldn't see hockey for a long long long time. As a fan, I don't care if Crosby makes 10m, 8m or 5m, I just want to see him skate and score in NHL games. So for me, the players do have some of the blame for a cancelled season. Now the entry level players, the lunch pailers, these are the NHL'ers I know...the guys who got their shot and played 30 or 50 games and eventually went on to be dentists, loggers, truckers, construction builders...These are the guys right now that I feel the most sympathy for in the NHLPA, the big dogs want to protect their ability to sign 7 million dollar deals, which is at the expense of the grinders who sign for 700 thousand, when the team average salary is 2.5million. For every crosby deal you need an Adams, Vitale, England and Lovejoy raking in the thousands to balance the Kids enormous contract. I agree the problem does lay with greedy owners and GM's who want to own the all star team, but when it comes to cutting off your nose to spite your face...a 4 month lockout is just as much lost income as a 6 year deal that starts with a 12% pay cut.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1778 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Getting caught up in the size of the numbers is meaningless. Almost every one of the players is overpaid, I'm not arguing that at all.

But if you gave back 24% of your salary to get back to work 7 years ago, and since then the company has posted record profits every year for 7 straight years, explain to me why exactly you should be forced to give back money again?? Business went up, not down. There's more money in the pot, not less.

How much the players salary is, no matter how ridiculous, is completely irrelevant. It's the principal of the matter. If business grows and makes more money, how can anyone justify saying "we need you to take a pay cut"? If the company you worked for was doing well, bringing in record profits year after year after year, would you like it if your bosses said to you, "look, you're going to have to take a pay cut"

Player salaries and salary escalation are not the problems, as the NHL wants you to think it is. The problem is incompetent and irresponsible management. The owners and GMs of teams are the ones offering this money. If, as Gary Bettman says, they feel they are paying too much money to the players, there's a simple solution that doesn't require this ridiculous lockout nonsense: STOP OFFERING RIDICULOUS CONTRACTS!!! If the owners are so united that they're willing to carpet bomb every bit of progress they've made in the last 7 years (because make no mistake, the fans aren't just heartbroken this time, we're p****ed off...) just to save a few million bucks, surely they'd be united enough to just say "hey, this kind of player is only worth this much tops, and no team will offer more than that."

If they can't do that, this whole lockout song and dance is pointless. Because no matter what system the league eventually implements, as soon as the thing is ratified, teams will have people working on how to squeeze the most out of it, how to jump through the loopholes, etc.... anything to get a competitive edge. This signing spree right before the deadline proves it. They all cry poor, we can't keep going in this system (you know, the one they cancelled an entire season to get before proclaiming that this was the one that would provide long term stability and ensure every team can survive... sound familiar?) and that teams are losing money hand over fist. But then they turn around and hand over long term deals, many of which are WAY above what the player likely is worth, in a panic to get them in before the rules are changed.

The really frustrating part? If Phoenix had been moved as it should have been (and still should be) and Columbus was moved, we wouldn't be in this mess. Seriously. Can't remember where I read it, but that was basically the jist of it. These 2 drowning franchises, because of the system we are in, are basically dragging the rest of the league down with them. If Bettman wasn't so stubborn as to insist on keeping them there when they clearly aren't going to be sustainable, we'd be getting ready for training camp instead of unfollowing @NHL on twitter and ranting on message boards.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The owners keep trying to find a system that will do the impossible and protect them from their own stupidity. Why should the players have to foot the entire bill for that AGAIN? This economic argument will be present in every future CBA negotiation as they are attempting to put a band-aid on a broken leg while ignoring the real fundamental issue.

#1779 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Thoughts on the job I did in my 1st year?

For me, amazing. Brought so much more to the team. Prospects are astounding. Great job.

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#1780 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,730 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

For me, amazing. Brought so much more to the team. Prospects are astounding. Great job.

Thanks MO2.

#1781 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

alright... so, do we get some simmed pre-season with this NHL 13 plan of ours?
imagejpg1-5.jpg

#1782 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

alright... so, do we get some simmed pre-season with this NHL 13 plan of ours?

Trust me when I say this.

I don't envy C2X right now - the roster management is VERY time consuming.

I assume - that he is doing 30 user controlled players on 'season mode' with a fantasy draft... which means he has to select all 23 players for all 30 teams.

then he just choose 'sim game' for every game
Posted Image

#1783 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,304 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Trust me when I say this.

I don't envy C2X right now - the roster management is VERY time consuming.

I assume - that he is doing 30 user controlled players on 'season mode' with a fantasy draft... which means he has to select all 23 players for all 30 teams.

then he just choose 'sim game' for every game

Exactly what we are doing.

This is what zen and I are doing right now... and yes, it's been taking all day :lol: We're in the 20th round as we speak.....

#1784 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

This is what zen and I are doing right now... and yes, it's been taking all day :lol: We're in the 20th round as we speak.....

I knew that was the only way to make it happen.
Posted Image

#1785 winterhawks

winterhawks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

You blow me away every time curt!

Just curious to know will there be injuries in the game and will we be able to call up players?
download (1)

Ottawa Senators GM

CDCGML 

#1786 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,304 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

You blow me away every time curt!

Just curious to know will there be injuries in the game and will we be able to call up players?

There will be injuries.

Your real life injured players (Savard, Pronger, Kesler etc.) will be healthy to start the year.

You will be able to call up players provided they're in the game.

Side note: New draftees like Yakupov, Galchenyuk etc. are not in the fantasy draft, so not sure if there's a way to get them in there or not.... are they in the CHL part? Not sure if I can move them over to our game even if they are.

#1787 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Much appreciation for your, and Zen's, efforts.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#1788 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,304 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

All set up and ready to go for the season! Unfortunately the season mode started me right at October 10th so no pre-season action. :(

#1789 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

When do you want the rosters by? Last minute signings :frantic:

EDIT: Wait, we'll be starting on the 10th (October) right? Just want to confirm...

Edited by A1 CANUCK, 17 September 2012 - 11:32 PM.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#1790 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,459 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

All set up and ready to go for the season!  Unfortunately the season mode started me right at October 10th so no pre-season action. :(

so weŽll face each other with our CDCGML Rosters in this Sim League...?do you know which fantasy option weŽll use now and where can we see results of the sim league?

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

#1791 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,401 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Question Curt:

Whats with the bolded players on the spreadsheet??

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#1792 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,304 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:23 AM

Question Curt:

Whats with the bolded players on the spreadsheet??

Bolded players were selected during the fantasy draft. Helped us keep track.

#1793 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,304 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

When do you want the rosters by? Last minute signings :frantic:

EDIT: Wait, we'll be starting on the 10th (October) right? Just want to confirm...

There were no games on October 10th, so we'll be starting on the 11th.

#1794 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

So I guess I am Phoenix and following their schedule?
Posted Image

#1795 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image
For the New York Rangers, this is not a typical season start, or anywhere near a typical season start. We have asked our guys to face all 8 of our October opponents on the road! This unfortunate start is required, due to a massive renovation effort at Maddison Square Garden. Check out how our renos are going with this live RenoCam: http://www.msgtransf...m/EarthCam.aspx while we count down the days to the SimSeason puck drop!.

Rangers Fans of all ages, while we can't watch the games on home ice in all of October, we can focus as the team is doing on the opening night game. We need the best wishes of our great fans to help the team overcome this 8 game handicap and come home victorious, and that all starts against the Los Angeles Kings in an east coast/west coast showcase to Drop the PUck on what will prove to be an exciting New York Rangers season.

The King's are not to be taken lightly, the GM, Ace Of Spades, and his boys in black are fresh off a CDC Fantasy Cup Victory Parade and our guys have to bus down the same road that Parade was held on just 4 months ago.

All eyes are expected to be on the new look Rangers, under the command of new GM Primal Optimist, and we caught up with Primal early this morning in Connecticut at a Whale practice.

"Ace, we met in the World Juniors, and my team crushed it, this season opener is my 'cup game' and my boys are hungry to show what they bring to the ice. This for the Rangers is the single most important game of October. We want to set the tone for the 8 game road trip, and bring the plane home with victories carved on her nose. The first image we want up there is a Crown with the line strike through it, and our room is buzzing with the energy that victory will need. Bring it Ace, bring more of it, borrow some more and bring that..your gonna need it", stated a supercharged Primal Optimist while brewing his third pot of coffee of the day.
Posted Image

Edited by Primal Optimist, 18 September 2012 - 11:30 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1796 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,778 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Anyone else can't wait till the 11th to see who wins the first games of the season?

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#1797 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

Anyone else can't wait till the 11th to see who wins the first games of the season?

:sadno: :sadno: :sadno:

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#1798 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

I did a quick look over for the Isles and this is what I found....

Zetterberg (89) - Bergeron (86) - Franzen (83)
Seguin (84) - Staal (85) - Couture (85)
Bertuzzi (79) - Handzus (80) - C. Smith (79)
Clifford (74) - Malhotra (78) - Caron (76)

Seidenberg (84) - Edler (88)
SOB (77) - B. Smith (77)
Erskine (73) - Orlov (76)
Hillen (N/A) - Elliott (N/A)

Vokoun (87) - Rask (83)

Average Rating Overall: 81.15
Average Rating Forwards: 81.5
Average Rating Defense: 79.17

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1799 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

You can get the NHL 13 player rankings of most roster players online, if that helps you decide your roster a bit.

That said, if somebody with the game could give me an idea of the rankings on the following prospects, I`d be super appreciative... I have some holes to fill:

Forwards:
Tarasenko (STL)

Defense:
Manning (PHI)
Gaunce (COL)
Marincin (EDM)

Goal:
Lehner (OTT)

Tarasenko isn't in the game right now- as he is coming from the KHL

Defense:
Manning (PHI) <------------59
Gaunce (COL) <----------- 74
Marincin (EDM) <----------62

Goal:
Lehner (OTT) <------- 74
Posted Image

#1800 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

If anyone wants player ratings from NHL 13 from any players that are not in the readily available online sources -- PM me, and I will take a gander for you.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.