Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canada-Israel 'solidarity' includes defence partnership

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
263 replies to this topic

Poll: Canada-Israel 'solidarity' includes defence partnership (38 member(s) have cast votes)

For or Against

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#241 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Anyone who denies that the State of Israel was not founded in conjunction with many terrorist acts, acts that would put the PLO to shame, has their head so far up their anal canal they think they have finally reached the Suez.

Lets get real, folks .. the old adage that "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter" is oh so true .. the good old US of A was founded in conjunction with many terrorist acts as well ..

"Terrorism" is how a suppressed peoples fight back against Empires and their lackey states, whether they be British or American .. now lets all put the tin-foil back in the cupboard and hope no-one "acts" like a "freedom fighter" at the London Olympics ..

If it were me, I would be all for rendering the middle east a wasteland for a thousand years and let em all start over .. it is all too obvious that the Tribes of Israel were either one of God's little jokes, or a serious blunder .. let Begin the Butcher rest in peace ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#242 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anyone who denies that the State of Israel was not founded in conjunction with many terrorist acts, acts that would put the PLO to shame, has their head so far up their anal canal they think they have finally reached the Suez.

Lets get real, folks .. the old adage that "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter" is oh so true .. the good old US of A was founded in conjunction with many terrorist acts as well ..

"Terrorism" is how a suppressed peoples fight back against Empires and their lackey states, whether they be British or American .. now lets all put the tin-foil back in the cupboard and hope no-one "acts" like a "freedom fighter" at the London Olympics ..

If it were me, I would be all for rendering the middle east a wasteland for a thousand years and let em all start over .. it is all too obvious that the Tribes of Israel were either one of God's little jokes, or a serious blunder .. let Begin the Butcher rest in peace ..

Let's pretend you're right. Let's pretend that there is no difference between attacking a military installation like the King David Hotel and attacking a school bus (and the ambulance that comes to treat the peolpe on it). Why is Israel not allowed to defend itself? Why are they expected to stand down?Here the demographic history of Jerusalem:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_jerusalemThis is the main area of contention and the vast majority of "settlers" are located in the are around Jerusalem. Look at the numbers. What is there that makes the area a "Palestinian" land and the Jews who go to live there settlers?

#243 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Is that so?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlFPm7bymY

"I'm not saying it's right but it's what they did."

Perhaps now you can see how useless and ridiculous this response is.

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 24 June 2012 - 06:35 PM.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#244 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

"I'm not saying it's right but it's what they did."

Perhaps now you can see how useless and ridiculous this response is.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I know first hand that The State of Israel isn't brainwashing their children. I know many Israeli teenagers my age because my school has a partnership with an Israeli school and we actually travelled there a few years ago to meet some of them. They're not much different then Canadian Jewish teenagers, besides the fact that they have to go into the army when they're 18 they have to go into basic training. In basic training, they learn how to identify combatants in civilian clothing who have been told since a young age that these young men and women in plain Green uniforms are the second coming of Satan.
Posted Image

#245 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

You're such a damn fool. Deborah the Moderator, please come ban me for my insults. Since nobody important(Jews) are going to find this offensive at all.
Posted Image

#246 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

i feel really sorry for you buddy you are so blinded by your hatred you cannot maintain a reasonable annd/or rational discussion . your pathetic claim that the britrish did not fight to liberate the jewish people from the death camps is as ridiculous as it is false. i harbour no ill feeling's to any particular race of people in fact i absolutely hate rascism , but your predjudice is plain for all to see , you try to rationalise the evil actions of one group of people by pointing to the actions of another group of people .
you have attacked me , rather than present information that refutes my claim that israel is a state based on terrorist actions , and that is because you cannot , these events happened .
but i supppose you view the irgun , the stern gang and others like them as freedom fighters not terrorists

We are expected to completely ignore and reject history and reality, and replace it with a storybook version.

Zionists have been committing terrorism and atrocities for seven decades and it was the Zionists who murdered their own PM simply for making peace (Yitzhak Rabin).

No connection between the Nazis and Zionists? What about the Haavara? What about Lehi offering to join alongside the Nazis in WWII? Not so Ironically, Yitzhak Shamir, former Israeli PM was a member of Lehi who said...

Reporter: "But people called you terrorists."

Yitzhak Shamir: "So what, do you think we were offended?"

They go around claiming 'anti-semite' while justifying the actions of terrorist groups like the Stern Gang.

Then again, the 'anti-semite' card is nothing more than a trick! Zionists always use it! But this is not coming from me, it is coming from a former Israeli Minister:

And Israel is not a Jewish state. It is a Zionist state.

"It is not because they are Zionists that they are evildoers. It is because they are evildoers that they are Zionists."
(Rabbi Avraham Yoshe)

"From its' inception, many rabbis warned of the potential dangers of Zionism and openly declared that all Jews loyal to G-d should stay away from it like one would from fire. They made their opinions clear to their congregants and to the general public. Their message was that Zionism is a chauvinistic racist phenomenon which has absolutely naught to do with Judaism. They publicly expressed that Zionism would definitely be detrimental to the well being of Jews and Gentiles and that its effects on the Jewish religion would be nothing other than destructive. Further, it would taint the reputation of Jewry as a whole and would cause utter confusion in the Jewish and non-Jewish communities."
(Rabbi Gedalya Liebermann)

http://www.jewsagain...m.com/index.cfm

There is a vile lie, which stalks the Jewish people across the globe. It is a lie so heinous, so far from the truth, that it can only gain popularity due to the complicity of powerful forces in the "mainstream" media and educational establishment.

It is a lie which has brought many innocent people untold suffering and if unchecked has the potential to create extraordinary tragedy in the future.
It is the lie that declares that Judaism and Zionism are identical.

Nothing could be further from the truth...

We of Neturei Karta have been in the forefront of the battle against Zionism for over a century.

Our presence here is to refute the base lie that the evil, which is Zionism, in some way represents the Jewish people.

The reverse is true.

We are saddened day in and day out at the terrible toll of death emanating from the Holy Land. Not one of them would have occurred if Zionism had not unleashed its evil energies upon the world.

http://www.nkusa.org...whatzionism.cfm

Operation Magic Carpet - How the zionists got the Jews from Yemen to come to their zionist state.

We have a sentence in the Torah which says that God says he will take us on the wings of eagles to the Holy Land when its time to come. The Yemenites had never seen an aeroplane in their lives - suddenly a message has gone out that the wings of eagles are here, the Messiah has come. The zionists had put the actual text of the sentence in old Hebrew on the planes - "these are the wings of eagle". The Jews of Yemen all rushed in because this was the salvation - they had never seen such a thing.

When they got to the zionist state they were taken in to camps, they were taught a different life to the life they had lived before, an immoral life, an irreligious life - and they protested. There are cases still going today - this was in 1949 and 1950.

One of the main scandals that was known was that their children, their babies were stolen from them during health checks, and all of them, or a lot of them seemed to have died suddenly - no body knew where the graves were. In reality they were sold at the time 1949-50 for $5000 a baby to America, to Mexico to all sorts of childless couples. It came to light when these babies who were not really registered as dead reached age 18 they were suddenly called up to the army. They were told their babies had died 18 years ago, but now they are supposed to be serving in the army...
(Rabbi Goldstein, Naturei Karta)

http://www.inminds.c...nd-zionism.html

"I write this article for the same reason I wrote my book: to tell the American people, and especially American Jews, that Jews from Islamic lands did not emigrate willingly to Israel; that, to force them to leave, Jews killed Jews; and that, to buy time to confiscate ever more Arab lands, Jews on numerous occasions rejected genuine peace initiatives from their Arab neighbors. I write about what the first prime minister of Israel called "cruel Zionism." I write about it because I was part of it...

About 125,000 Jews left Iraq for Israel in the late 1940s and into 1952, most because they had been lied to and put into a panic by what I came to learn were Zionist bombs."
(Naeim Giladi; "The Jews of Iraq")

http://www.truetorahjews.org/giladi

We can also mention the Lavon Affair in the 50's where Israel sent operatives to Egypt to plant bombs in Western targets (i.e. US/UK) in order to blame "extremist Muslims". A classic false flag operation which Israel honoured the participants in 2005 with a certificate of appreciation...a certificate of appreciation for planting bombs and trying to blame it on extremist Muslims. News media reports one thing about the USS Liberty but the survivors tell a much different story. Israel has a history of this type of behaviour and committing false flag attacks.

A leopard does not change its spots.

You can dress up the history of the Zionist state with as much glitter and flowery perfume as you want but you can never remove the foul and wretched stench of it.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#247 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

The point I'm trying to make here is that I know first hand that The State of Israel isn't brainwashing their children. I know many Israeli teenagers my age because my school has a partnership with an Israeli school and we actually travelled there a few years ago to meet some of them. They're not much different then Canadian Jewish teenagers, besides the fact that they have to go into the army when they're 18 they have to go into basic training. In basic training, they learn how to identify combatants in civilian clothing who have been told since a young age that these young men and women in plain Green uniforms are the second coming of Satan.

I take it you are referring to these combatants in civilian clothing:

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

**RETIRED...**

#248 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

You have no idea what the situation is in these photo's nor if all of these are Israeli troops. People like you fall under this propaganda all the time.

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#249 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

You have no idea what the situation is in these photo's nor if all of these are Israeli troops. People like you fall under this propaganda all the time.

Perhaps it is you who has no idea of the track record and tactics of the Zionists and perhaps it is you who continuously falls for propaganda. As a matter of fact, it is evident you wish to remain blind and ignorant to what the situation is.

For example...

He (Israeli soldier) says witnessing first hand what goes on the West Bank shattered his worldview.

"Going from a place where I was sure that we are the scapegoat, the miserable ones being killed, I saw a reality that, most of the time, was the opposite.

"I saw me running after people, I saw myself pointing a gun at a 3-year-old girl..."

http://my.auburnjour...ail/211543.html

**RETIRED...**

#250 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Perhaps it is you who has no idea of the track record and tactics of the Zionists and perhaps it is you who continuously falls for propaganda. As a matter of fact, it is evident you wish to remain blind and ignorant to what the situation is.

For example...

He (Israeli soldier) says witnessing first hand what goes on the West Bank shattered his worldview.

"Going from a place where I was sure that we are the scapegoat, the miserable ones being killed, I saw a reality that, most of the time, was the opposite.

"I saw me running after people, I saw myself pointing a gun at a 3-year-old girl..."

http://my.auburnjour...ail/211543.html

Is that even a reliable source? Even so, having one account of someone saying these things mean nothing. I know people that live there, have been in the army, is in the army at the moment, and I also have been to Israel for an extent of time. Israeli soldiers don't just go around trying to kill Palestinian children or people. If someone tries to attack you, throw rocks at you, threatens you with guns etc. you will act upon it. If someone shoots rockets daily into your country, you try to go after them. If you kill these people and the media releases it as "Israeli kill Palestinians", how would you see it?

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#251 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

You're such a damn fool. Deborah the Moderator, please come ban me for my insults. Since nobody important(Jews) are going to find this offensive at all.

No point in taking it personal .. even Pontius Pilate got to wash his hands .. it is easy to fall under the sway of propagandists, and it is spewed out by both sides in an never ending conflict that see's no possible end because it is easier to "live" with the conflict than it is to pay the political price to "settle" it .. obviously "God" does not care enough about his "children" to create a prophet to show the way .. someone acceptable to both sides ..

Oh, and I am far from being a fool .. I just happen to disagree with your slanted, narrow view of history and the current state of Middle East affairs ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#252 CanuckRow

CanuckRow

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

15yezck.jpg

@Chel24Seven

#253 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,232 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Posted Image

So? With all the suicide bombers out there, who are dressed in civillian clothes, what are they supposed to do? Trust everyone who approaches them?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

waiting.for.cdc.jpg

#254 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,892 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

Well:

1) Several of these photos are just taken at angles that make the soldiers look like they are pointing rifles at women/children. If you look closely, in most of the pictures the soldiers are not actually holding or aiming their rifles properly. They also have their fingers outside the trigger guards. Several of the soldiers are holding their weapons with one hand. Several of the photos show either the soldiers or the people around the soldiers standing around casually with relaxed postures and looks on their faces. Like the kid with his hands in his pockets beside the soldier in the second photo.

2) These photos show significant variation in uniform and weapons. How do we know these are even pictures of IDF soldiers? Some of them are, but others may not be. They could just as easily be photos of Syrian troops.

3) As others have mentioned, we have no idea what happened before or after the photos. We also have no idea what is happening outside the frame of the photos.

4) The Palestinians use child and women suicide bombers and combatants often. The reality of the situation is you cannot trust civilians when an enemy force uses non-uniformed combatants. You have to point guns at crowds of civilians, becase you never know when a combatant will emerge from those crowds. Any one of those civilians could have a suicide vest, grenade, assault rifle, etc...

while we're on the topic of powerful imagery, maybe you should take a look at this video (warning very graphic):

http://www.liveleak....=ca6_1286772677

This is a video of a bus that was hit by suicide bombing. Every single one of the victims was a civilian. Here are photos of some of the victims.

http://www.mfa.gov.i...Jerusalem -.htm

#255 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#256 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ca6_1286772677

This is a video of a bus that was hit by suicide bombing. Every single one of the victims was a civilian. Here are photos of some of the victims.

http://www.mfa.gov.i...Jerusalem -.htm

Look at all the so called anti Zionist comments too on that site. Justifying a brutal attack on average citizens taking the bus. I don't care how much water or land Israel has supposedly stolen. It's never going to justify an attack like that and side people like me with Israel every time.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#257 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1AHs7uAV1mA

The ignoramus has lost control of his anti-Israeli propaganda machine so he resorts to posting obnoxious videos on this thread to indicate that he doesn't take it seriously anymore. Deborah the Moderator should ban me for this comment because calling someone an ignorant anti-semite is unacceptable and offensive, but calling an entire nation "G-d's little blunder" is completely acceptable.

DarthNinja saying that he's probably more semitic then me is completely acceptable, but calling Scorpio Ego pretentious is completely unacceptable.

"Puckinlovehockey" has posted falsehoods about my people on this thread. I will not allow for these falsehoods to distort the opinions of North Americans who have not been to the Middle East or seen the conflict first hand. Every nation has extremists and fringe groups. That doesn't spoil the entire country.

I posted a few real propaganda videos used against kids from Palestinian TV networks. You called the videos "derogatory". People believe what they want to believe and you've decided that my people are the "bad guys" in this conflict. Well let's make this clear, the Israel-Palestine conflict isn't about bad guys and good guys or winners and losers. Hamas calls for the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people on a daily basis. They brainwash their children to hate us on a daily basis. These children will probably grow up and refuse to elect a pro-peace government. As much as it isn't about winners and losers, it is about people who are creating a barrier to peace. Hamas is a barrier to peace. They'll either get out of the way and decide that Islam and Judaism can co-exist, or the force of the Israeli army will destroy them. Do not attempt to mangle my sentence or change it into something that it isn't. I am advocating for the destruction of Hamas as a political, military, police and propaganda organization if they do not unite with Fatah and the PA to form a Palestinian government that recognizes Israel as a Jewish State and it's right to exist. We should not allow them to use the demographical time bomb as a weapon of war against Israel and the West.

I am advocating for a peaceful settlement between Israel and a future Palestinian national unity Government. The Peace settlement will address a majority of the West Bank settlements. All Israeli-authorized West Bank settlements will be transferred to a joint-sovreignty agreement. We won't ask the Palestinians to allow another Jewish settlement to be built in the West Bank ever again. But we respectfully refuse to expel other Jews. A Jewish Minority of 13-15% would populate the West Bank. Israel's Arab Minority would be of similar size in such an agreement. We'll be expelling all unauthorized settlers. That way, the Palestinian National Unity Government will have few excuses.

So, in summary, my only preconditions would be that Palestinian show up on a united front representing a united people. Is that so unreasonable? Now go to Hamas and ask them what their preconditions are. :)

See, Hamas and the Gazan people can either accept the fact that peace and love with Israel and the Jewish people is inevitable, or they can continue to lose a war against us for the next 50 years. I never wanted to give the impression that I was against a peaceful solution to this conflict. I just wanted to fight the case for Israel.

Despite the many hateful, ignorant things that have been said on this thread by the pro-Palestinian side, at the end of the day I think it's important to recognize that we're all people. I will only ever advocate for the destruction of hateful, destructive ideologies. The Israel-Palestine conflict will end the day that Hamas and the PA decide to end this war. Otherwise, we'll have a whole different situation on our hands.
Posted Image

#258 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

Immigration in Israel: African outcasts in the promised land

As African refugees are put into camps and attacked by racist gangs, Donald Macintyre reports from Tel Aviv

Amine Zigta is not a timid man. If he was, he would not have risked his life by escaping indefinite enforced army service in Eritrea, or making the hazardous journey through Sudan and the Sinai desert to Israel. Nor would he have kept open his corner bar in south Tel Aviv after 15 local hoodlums shouting "what do you care, you black son of a bitch?" broke off table legs in March to assault him after he refused to serve teenagers below the legal drinking age. "But now," Mr Zigta, 36, says in fluent Hebrew, "I am afraid, all the time. At night I can't sleep. I am in danger."

Given subsequent events, his fears are understandable. On 23 May, with a demonstration against African refugees planned for the evening, he locked up at around 4pm. Hours later, residents phoned to say demonstrators were breaking in. Mr Zigta went to two police stations for help and was still waiting at a third when he got another call to say a police patrol had finally turned up. When he arrived, he found the plate glass windows smashed by bricks, tables upturned and all his stock stolen by looters.

This month, a motorcyclist hurled a firecracker into the bar, injuring a customer. An Eritrean woman working there was threatened by two men that "her stomach would be cut open with knives", he says. "I have been to the police but they say they can't guard the place 24 hours." Friendly local Israelis phone in warnings when trouble is afoot. "But then they are told: why are you helping this man?"
Mr Zigta's experience is extreme. But otherwise he typifies the 60,000 African men and women who have crossed the still-porous Egypt-Israel border since 2005. Many of the more recent have braved kidnappings, torture and rape by their Bedouin traffickers. Of the 50,000 "infiltrators" (the official term has been condemned by the US State Department) still here, Eritreans and Sudanese cannot be deported because the dangers at home qualify them for "collective protection" under international conventions. A third group, 1,000 South Sudanese, are being deported after a court ruling that the new state is safe to return to.

But with a suspended deportation order hanging over them, the remaining African asylum-seekers are in legal limbo, unable to secure refugee status and therefore access to health and social services. Their entry documents forbid work, and though Israel's Supreme Court has ordered the state not to enforce this, the Interior Minister, Eli Yishai, says he intends to find a way to do so. A new law permits detention of refugees for three years, and so Israel is constructing a 12,400-place desert prison camp – along with tented facilities across the country – "to house tens of thousands of infiltrators until they can be sent out of the country", Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said this month. The inmates will not be allowed to work.

Until this month, when the government decided to keep new "infiltrators" in jail, refugees have been detained and screened before "conditional" release. They generally say they were humanely treated by the soldiers on arrival. It's after that that life got difficult.

"I was shocked. I thought Israel would give us our human rights," says Abdo Omar, 32, a university graduate who is one of around 200 Darfuris currently living at a grubby shelter rented out at a steep £2,000 a month, with sleeping bags on the floor and in corridors. Israel says that, as the nearest democracy to Africa with a first-world economy, it is uniquely vulnerable to a migrant influx. And it's true that south Tel Aviv has replaced Calais as the highest-profile flashpoint of a global crisis, the handling of which by European countries, including Britain, has been criticised.

But it's hard to imagine the British Home Secretary, Theresa May, say, surviving the generalisations deployed by Mr Yishai about the asylum-seekers he says have made south Tel Aviv Israel's "garbage can". The minister has suggested that "most" African migrants are criminals, and that many, including rapists, are HIV positive. Arguing that the refugees threaten the "Zionist dream", he has claimed that most are Muslims. Yet official figures show that in south Tel Aviv 13.5 per cent of crimes are committed by foreigners, who make up 28 per cent of the local population. And while Health ministry experts estimate that 17 per cent of HIV sufferers are among legal and illegal foreigners, who are 3 per cent of the national population, police say only one refugee has been charged with rape. And most members of the largest single group – the 35,000 Eritreans – are Christian.

Miri Regev, a Knesset member in Mr Netanyahu's Likud party, told the May protest that African migrants were a "cancer in our body". That evening, rampaging demonstrators attacked Africans and ransacked businesses – including Mr Zigta's bar. Because of the overtones of Hitler's wartime language against the Jews, Ms Regev later apologised to Holocaust survivors (and cancer patients) but not to the Africans. Both the language and the violence were subsequently condemned by Mr Netanyahu. But Ms Regev also unwittingly touched on comparisons some liberal Israelis make with the country's own foundation largely by refugees. Each evening, in Tel Aviv's Levinsky Park, up to 500 Africans queue for a hot meal provided by Israeli volunteers.

One volunteer, Vardit Shlafy, 50, explains that her parents were also refugees – from Poland – and that her mother was saved by a Catholic priest who helped her fake an ID that would allow escape to Russia from the Nazis. "Otherwise I wouldn't be here today. I am saying how grateful I am to that priest by doing something for others."

Even some Israelis in south Tel Aviv express unease about the government's policies. Shop owner Meir Yakoby has participated in "anti-infiltrator" demonstrations. Yet he employs an Eritrean worker. While he wants the refugees dispersed across the country, he says: "He has to work, he has to eat." Israel, he acknowledges, has "not been showing a good face to the world".

Certainly, it's hard to see how mass detention will help. According to Sigal Rozen, of the Hotline for Migrant Workers, a non-governmental organisation, government hopes that the Eritreans (whose average asylum application success rate is 83 per cent in countries – such as those in the EU –which process them) will thus be persuaded to return home are baseless. Israel is hardly going to follow Eritrea's example by raping inmates or torturing them in basements, she says. "No matter how they are abused, they know their own country will abuse them worse."

Kidane Isaac, 26, an Eritrean community activist, says if he returned to his homeland he would face torture or even execution after escaping from the army and then from jail. He says the Eritreans are increasingly "nervous about the general atmosphere because of the new campaign against refugees". Of Israel's "right-wing government" he says: "They are forgetting their own history."

http://www.independe...nd-7879780.html

African migrants in Israel face angry backlash, deportations

TEL AVIV — Helen Barhat, a young woman from Eritrea, pointed to two bricks on the floor that she has saved since they were hurled into her small grocery shop by a mob that ransacked the premises last month after a raucous demonstration against African migrants.
Crouching with her hands over her head, she showed how she had cowered in a back room as the rioters swept shelves clean, smashed bottles and emptied her cash register during a rampage against African-run stores in the neighborhood.

“People tell us, ‘Go back to Eritrea, this is our country,’ ” Barhat said. Joined by friends who were sitting in the shop, she added, “If there was no one here with me now, I would close.”
On the streets of the Hatikva quarter, one of the low-income neighborhoods in south Tel Aviv where an influx of illegal African migrants has stirred unrest among residents, tension is simmering under a facade of normalcy.

A roundup of migrants from South Sudan and the deportation of more than 100 this month has left other newcomers nervous about what lies ahead and residents clamoring for more action. A poster put up last week summoned people to a demonstration outside the home of Tel Aviv’s mayor against “the concentration of the foreigners in our neighborhoods.”

“The situation is very bad,” said Merhane Melake, an Eritrean who has been in Israel for five years, as he walked home. “We don’t know what comes next and what solution they will find for us.”
About 60,000 Africans have illegally entered Israel since 2005, most of them from Eritrea and Sudan. Two recent sexual assault cases in which migrants were charged and a chorus of heated rhetoric from rightist politicians have fueled a violent backlash against the newcomers.

Apartments housing migrants have been firebombed and torched, and some Africans have been assaulted on the streets.

Complaints by residents in depressed Tel Aviv neighborhoods of rising crime and a sense of insecurity brought by the migrants have prompted a government crackdown. About 400 illegal migrants, most from South Sudan, have been rounded up in this month’s sweep, and preparations are underway to hold thousands more Africans in a vast tent camp in southern Israel. The moves to deport people from South Sudan went ahead after a Jerusalem court accepted the government’s argument that conditions in that country were safe enough for their return.

The migrants — some seeking refuge from war and oppressive governments, others looking for work and a better life — have trekked through Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, where many were held hostage and abused by Bedouin smugglers seeking ransom from their families. Crossing the porous desert border with Israel, the migrants have been briefly detained before being bused to Tel Aviv, where some sleep in parks and most live in cramped rented rooms in poorer sections of the city.

Left in limbo

While Israel has committed not to deport people from Eritrea and Sudan, because of the risks they could face if they return, it has not granted them work permits or social and health benefits, leaving them in limbo. But employers have not been fined by the authorities for hiring illegal migrants, enabling many to find occasional work doing menial jobs.

Because the majority of migrants have group protection from deportation, their cases are not reviewed by the Israeli authorities to determine whether they can receive refugee status. And among those who can apply, hardly any are recognized as refugees. According to Sabine Haddad, spokeswoman for the Interior Ministry’s Population, Immigration and Border Authority, out of 7,000 applications for refugee status in the past three years, 16 have been granted.
Tensions over the presence of the migrants have been stoked by rightist politicians. In a speech at last month’s Hatikva neighborhood protest, Miri Regev, a parliament member from the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party, called the Africans “a cancer in our body.”

Interior Minister Eli Yishai, who has promised to clear out all the migrants, told the Maariv newspaper in a recent interview that they were creating “a state within a state” and that “most of the people coming here are Muslims who think that this country doesn’t belong to us, to the white man.”
Netanyahu, who asserts that the newcomers are economic migrants looking for jobs, has outlined a multi-pronged effort to deter and deport them, including a fence going up along the border with Egypt, stiff fines for employers of illegal migrants and removal of those Africans who can be sent back to their home countries in line with international conventions. Under an amended law, infiltrators can be detained without charges for up to three years.

“If we don’t stop the entry, the problem, whose extent now is 60,000 illegal infiltrators, could easily develop to 600,000, which would flood the country and, to a large degree, nullify our character as a Jewish and democratic state,” Netanyahu said at a meeting of his cabinet last month.
In a television interview, Yishai described the moves to deport the foreigners as an act of national self preservation, to maintain Israel’s Jewish majority. “If we wouldn’t do it, we wouldn’t have a country,” he said.

Recognizing refugees

But critics of government policy argue that while many countries seek to curb illegal immigration, Israel has failed to put in place an adequate system for determining which of the newcomers should be recognized as refugees and granted asylum, leaving them all without basic services and the means to support themselves.

The critics note that several Western countries have far higher rates of recognizing refugees. According to figures for 2011 compiled by the U.N. Refugee Agency, 74 percent of Eritreans and 71 percent of Sudanese who sought asylum were recognized as refugees in other countries.
“The policy for years has been that we want to preserve the Jewish state, so we don’t want to accept foreigners,” said Anat Ben-Dor, a lawyer with the Refugee Rights Clinic at Tel Aviv University. “That’s the basis, and everything stems from that. . . . The system operates mainly to reject refugee applications.”

Israel was founded as a haven for Jewish refugees, and the collective memory of Jewish persecution should dictate a more tolerant policy toward the migrants, said Moshe Halbertal, professor of Jewish philosophy at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

“This is a conflict between the Jewish state and the Jewish past,” he said. “The question of how many people we can absorb is not the only one we should ask ourselves. We now have a moral and political responsibility, it has landed on our doorstep, and we should rally international public opinion to find a solution with other nations, like we’ve mobilized them on the Iranian issue.”

http://www.washingto...xV_story_1.html

Report for the African Refugee Development Center (ARDC) to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD)

Edited by key2thecup, 25 June 2012 - 11:56 PM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#259 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U-h85FAmVI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JKq6ABpGdo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agmF4U10i-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUivyO5T_34
Report for the African Refugee Development Center (ARDC) to the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD)

All of the migrants entered Israel illegally. You know how gangs in Canada smuggle people in here all the time illegally to make a profit? That's what's been done in Israel. Israel has one of the highest illegal immigrants rates in the world. Israel has a right to expel illegal migrant workers just like Canada and every other sovereign country. It's a non-issue being made into an issue by the media that seeks to declare a propaganda war on the Jewish state. There isn't a more scrutinized nation on the face of the Earth.
Posted Image

#260 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

PressTV is owned by the Iranian government, but Israel still allows them to send reporters all around the country. Not enough controls on foreign media workers seeking to harass it's citizens. There's my criticism of the State of Israel for the day, for those of you who say that I'm incapable of criticizing Israel there you go.
Posted Image

#261 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,682 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

PressTV is owned by the Iranian government, but Israel still allows them to send reporters all around the country. Not enough controls on foreign media workers seeking to harass it's citizens. There's my criticism of the State of Israel for the day, for those of you who say that I'm incapable of criticizing Israel there you go.

How about Israelis start suicide bombing the Palestinians. Or maybe let a few of their people lob rockets over randomly to Palestine. Who needs to waste resources on precision? See how the other side likes that treatment. Then we would hear some real crying and outrage wouldn't we. Land and water would be the least of anyones worry. For all their military might(greater than any of their neighbors) Israel barely uses it to its potential. Put shoes on the other feet and Israel doesn't exist. Then we get to watch another Arab country tear itself apart. There are some evil Israelis I don't doubt that, but for the majority Israelis are doing a damn good job considering their neighbors.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#262 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1dvwgjDAT8

**RETIRED...**

#263 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,459 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

The ignoramus has lost control of his anti-Israeli propaganda machine so he resorts to posting obnoxious videos on this thread to indicate that he doesn't take it seriously anymore. Deborah the Moderator should ban me for this comment because calling someone an ignorant anti-semite is unacceptable and offensive, but calling an entire nation "G-d's little blunder" is completely acceptable.

DarthNinja saying that he's probably more semitic then me is completely acceptable, but calling Scorpio Ego pretentious is completely unacceptable.

"Puckinlovehockey" has posted falsehoods about my people on this thread. I will not allow for these falsehoods to distort the opinions of North Americans who have not been to the Middle East or seen the conflict first hand. Every nation has extremists and fringe groups. That doesn't spoil the entire country.

I posted a few real propaganda videos used against kids from Palestinian TV networks. You called the videos "derogatory". People believe what they want to believe and you've decided that my people are the "bad guys" in this conflict. Well let's make this clear, the Israel-Palestine conflict isn't about bad guys and good guys or winners and losers. Hamas calls for the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people on a daily basis. They brainwash their children to hate us on a daily basis. These children will probably grow up and refuse to elect a pro-peace government. As much as it isn't about winners and losers, it is about people who are creating a barrier to peace. Hamas is a barrier to peace. They'll either get out of the way and decide that Islam and Judaism can co-exist, or the force of the Israeli army will destroy them. Do not attempt to mangle my sentence or change it into something that it isn't. I am advocating for the destruction of Hamas as a political, military, police and propaganda organization if they do not unite with Fatah and the PA to form a Palestinian government that recognizes Israel as a Jewish State and it's right to exist. We should not allow them to use the demographical time bomb as a weapon of war against Israel and the West.

I am advocating for a peaceful settlement between Israel and a future Palestinian national unity Government. The Peace settlement will address a majority of the West Bank settlements. All Israeli-authorized West Bank settlements will be transferred to a joint-sovreignty agreement. We won't ask the Palestinians to allow another Jewish settlement to be built in the West Bank ever again. But we respectfully refuse to expel other Jews. A Jewish Minority of 13-15% would populate the West Bank. Israel's Arab Minority would be of similar size in such an agreement. We'll be expelling all unauthorized settlers. That way, the Palestinian National Unity Government will have few excuses.

So, in summary, my only preconditions would be that Palestinian show up on a united front representing a united people. Is that so unreasonable? Now go to Hamas and ask them what their preconditions are. :)

See, Hamas and the Gazan people can either accept the fact that peace and love with Israel and the Jewish people is inevitable, or they can continue to lose a war against us for the next 50 years. I never wanted to give the impression that I was against a peaceful solution to this conflict. I just wanted to fight the case for Israel.

Despite the many hateful, ignorant things that have been said on this thread by the pro-Palestinian side, at the end of the day I think it's important to recognize that we're all people. I will only ever advocate for the destruction of hateful, destructive ideologies. The Israel-Palestine conflict will end the day that Hamas and the PA decide to end this war. Otherwise, we'll have a whole different situation on our hands.

i am so sick of your hate filled ramblings , the video i have just posted up is by moby who is proud of his jewish heritage , it is how i felt after seeing the photo's of women and children at gunpoint and then the video of human beings being killed , but i do not expect you to recognise compassion and empathy because these are qualities you do not seem to posess . no one else has commented on these pictures and video's in regards to empathising with the people who are pictured experiencing things that exist in OUR nightmares, people are just posting them up as a basis for their arguments and that makes me sick .
again i ask you to provide proof to refute my claims , i have not lied about "your " people , so stop making your BS claims , and come up with some PROOF . i consider everyone my people , i feel we are all linked and and i feel the pain of people all around the world that have to live in suffering and fear .
i am not a supporter of the palestinians who resort to violence and terror to achieve their goals , in fact i repudiate all acts of violence and terror . and this is why i have pointed out the TERRORIST actions that were involved in the formation of the state of israel
again i ask you to offer proof that these terrorist actions did not happen .

I think it's rad when balls beats natural talent

Shaun Palmer

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

#264 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,391 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

I actually have been away, but see that you're still at it.

Warnings are being issued when posts are reported, as this one was. Present your thoughts without the personal attacks please.

And this one's played itself out now.

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.