The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Gillis On Team 1040 11:45 am

RyanKeslord17

I think Mike will hold his cards and go with Luo/Schneidz until the right deal comes along. Right now media and fans alike act like Vancouver needs to trade one and that both are selfish enough to want out if not starter. This team needs to win now and it will be with both in net or wait for Schneidz to get a few seasons under his belt. Even Thomas and Quick lost before they won which is why I think Gillis will save trading whom ever until deadline or next draft when value of both can be higher pending a long postseason and another Jennings type season.

Pretty typical MG interview...whole lot of innocuous comments (no doubt, this is the lawyer in him).

One MG comment I did not agree with was his assessment that the team, as a group, played well through the regular season, while individual players did not have the kind of individual seasons they had in 2010-2011.

My take on the performance of the team this past season is that, as a group, they played JUST well enough to get the points to win the President's Trophy and were beneficiaries of playing in the weakest division in the western conference. The level of team play is a culmination of individual performances within a team/systems setting, and clearly, we saw better individual and team performances in 2010-2011. Individual and collective efforts that qualifies as "just getting by" were exposed in Rd. 1.

I'm also of the opinion that Luongo "stole" us more points in 2011-2012 regular season during the stretch he was the only guy showing up to the rink than he did in 2010-2011 (in spite of that, I'm in the camp that believes our future in goal is with Schneider).

I'm a MG fan, but this was a pretty typical boring MG interview that we've all become accustomed to. I'm sure the answers as given by MG are the type of answers I would give on the weekly/bi-weekly addresses to the media if I were in his situation.

I think Mike will hold his cards and go with Luo/Schneidz until the right deal comes along. Right now media and fans alike act like Vancouver needs to trade one and that both are selfish enough to want out if not starter. This team needs to win now and it will be with both in net or wait for Schneidz to get a few seasons under his belt. Even Thomas and Quick lost before they won which is why I think Gillis will save trading whom ever until deadline or next draft when value of both can be higher pending a long postseason and another Jennings type season.

Pretty typical MG interview...whole lot of innocuous comments (no doubt, this is the lawyer in him).

One MG comment I did not agree with was his assessment that the team, as a group, played well through the regular season, while individual players did not have the kind of individual seasons they had in 2010-2011.

My take on the performance of the team this past season is that, as a group, they played JUST well enough to get the points to win the President's Trophy and were beneficiaries of playing in the weakest division in the western conference. The level of team play is a culmination of individual performances within a team/systems setting, and clearly, we saw better individual and team performances in 2010-2011. Individual and collective efforts that qualifies as "just getting by" were exposed in Rd. 1.

I'm also of the opinion that Luongo "stole" us more points in 2011-2012 regular season during the stretch he was the only guy showing up to the rink than he did in 2010-2011 (in spite of that, I'm in the camp that believes our future in goal is with Schneider).

I'm a MG fan, but this was a pretty typical boring MG interview that we've all become accustomed to. I'm sure the answers as given by MG are the type of answers I would give on the weekly/bi-weekly addresses to the media if I were in his situation.

Archived