The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Justin Schultz to Oilers

I called it....it was all bs about him been a huge nucks fan cause surely he won't have so many teams to choose from, he'll sign in Edmonton.

I don't think that was BS. One of his coaches from Wisconsin was on 1040 yesterday and he was saying how all the guys would give him a hard time whenever the Canucks would lose. Soo there were obviously some other reasons for him nixing us.

Gillis played hard ball and he failed, how can you be the only team that doesn't offer him a spot on the roster and think you can land him.

I would far rather he take that approach than entirely change the culture of the organization for one kid.

You earn your ice time.

They have said that repeatedly and acted on it. They sat over $4 million in Ballard and veterans like Alberts while bringing up a kid on a two way contract (Tanev) to play instead.

To undermine that and land a kid with no NHL experience is bound to blow up in your face. If he wanted to be on the team he would be. I think they went far enough to fly out to Toronto to meet with him.

I would far rather he take that approach than entirely change the culture of the organization for one kid.

You earn your ice time.

They have said that repeatedly and acted on it. They sat over $4 million in Ballard and veterans like Alberts while bringing up a kid on a two way contract (Tanev) to play instead.

To undermine that and land a kid with no NHL experience is bound to blow up in your face. If he wanted to be on the team he would be. I think they went far enough to fly out to Toronto to meet with him.

+1

Archived