The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Memories of Salo

Me, it was the last Canucks Fright Night when Salo was paired up with Volpatti(?). I wanted a picture with Sami, but he didn't want the other guy left out and nudged toward him. In truth, I was going to talk to the other guy anyways as he was left alone, but I thought after it was a good gesture. I'll need to check my pic to see who it was.

Class act, all the best Sami.Later

Good bye sami! you, your booming slapshot, and your seemingly bizarre injuries at times will all be missed. It is going to take some getting used to seeing you play for someone else! Best of luck!

Fondest memory of salo hard to pinpoint, so many wonderful slapshots where you just knew he was about to laser one into the net!

Posted in the Signings thread... but since this is memories...

Man I'm gonna miss this guy. His slapshot was so exciting to watch. Best of luck, Sami. Like Mattias, forever a Canuck.

Notables for me in recent memory.

Crushing Laffs:

SJ Game 4

SJ Game 4

Against LAK 2010 Game 4

I disagree. It is fan sentimentality that drives the local opinion of Salo. He was the best of the rest on our defense, and besides a big slapper, I don't think he was as strong a defenseman as some make him out to be. With Salo's injury concerns, I think the Canucks can improve with his departure.

Archived