The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Salo says goodbye

canucks3322

it was time and he was old and injury prone... canucks had to do a youth movement in his replacement... oh and by the way the canucks wouldn't of been where they are today with out him... he did a lot of good things for this organization... good luck sami and say hi to the one eye guy over their... and stay away from the crocs......

After years of enjoying watching Salo playing for the Canucks it's gonna be hard to not see him out there. It'll be even harder when the team wins the Cup and he isn't there to be a part of it. Wish him all the best in Tampa but it'll be weird seeing him in another jersey.

I will miss that dry wit of his , his jokes/comments always made me smile, ... " sometimes it hurts when I pee " ....

Fans definately will need to let him know just how much he was appreciated and loved here when he comes in Oct.

One of my absolute favourite Canucks d-men of all time. Absolutely will always have a place in my heart for Sami.

Best of luck and I hope he wins a cup. Guy deserves it. Wish he was ending his career in a Canucks uniform.

Definitely got emotional after reading that. The fact that he took the time to release a statement shows you what kind of a guy he is. I wish nothing but the best for him. And I look forward to see him getting inducted into the ROH after all is said and done. Not only was he one of the best defensemen we have ever had but he was also a first class person who quietly went about his business and almost always got the job done. We'll miss you Salo, best of luck in Tampa!

Archived