The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Remaining Free Agents?

Ewok

Idea 1: Sign one of Mueller or Doan. Keaton Ellerby, Shawn Matthias, 4th round pick from Flo for Lu.

Idea 2: Sign Olli Jokinen. Versteeg, Keaton Ellerby 6th round pick from Flo for Lu

Idea 3: Sign Depth D. Versteeg, Matthias from Flo for Lu.

I'd go with idea 2.

I think those who are wishing on weber they are a little delusional. Nashville won't want Ballard. It was on twitter earlier that it's likely two top 6 FWD a dman and picks....

Van doesn't have the assets to make a fair trade for weber. Weber is 1 yr away from UFA and that's are only real shot

One interesting name is Ryan Stoa, a colorado 2nd rnd draft pick. He played with Jordan Schroeder back at the University of Minnesota. Apparantley, he had good chemistry with Schroeder and the two put up great numbers. When he left, Schroeder's game went immediately down hill.

He's 25, has decent size, and good two-way ability. I would mind throwing him a two-way contract while there's still 2 gaping holes in our 2nd and thirdline. Doesn't seem like theres very much centres left.

I would like a depth defenceman to replace Tanev, someone with experience and who is big and physically strong.

Pavel Kubina for 3.5 million, leaving us 2.5 million to sign a cheap rental center until Kesler gets better

On the flipside we could dish out 3.5 million to a guy like Mueller and sign a cheap depth defenceman like Vandemeer or Colaiacovo at 2 million. Either way, we still have 2 needs to be filled - depth defencemen and depth at center.

I would like a depth defenceman to replace Tanev, someone with experience and who is big and physically strong.

Pavel Kubina for 3.5 million, leaving us 2.5 million to sign a cheap rental center until Kesler gets better

On the flipside we could dish out 3.5 million to a guy like Mueller and sign a cheap depth defenceman like Vandemeer or Colaiacovo at 2 million. Either way, we still have 2 needs to be filled - depth defencemen and depth at center.

Peter Mueller please. I'd love to have Doan but I he's going to be too expensive and end up back in the desert anyway.

Booth and Kesler need an injection of raw skill next to them. They're both straight line players. Mueller is supremely skilled, but obviously an injury risk. That's why he isn't signed yet. I'd take a flyer on him. I think we could get him pretty cheap, around the same 2 million he made last year. He would really fill out the top-six.

We still need a tweener 3rd line center that can fill-in until Kesler is back. There aren't any on the market (unless you want Langkow) so that'll have to come through a trade.

As for defensemen, there's still guys like Colaiacovo and Kubina floating around as well as Rosival, Hannan, etc. I don't know if they're the greatest options, but I wouldn't say no if they come for 2 million or under.

i want this to be our team

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jaromir Jagr ($3.500m)

Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Aaron Volpatti ($0.600m) / Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Erik Gudbranson ($3.200m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Jose Theodore ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,639,167; BONUSES: $2,300,000

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $1,560,833

Archived