Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Snacks/Food available in the States

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#31 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,576 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

That's probably because non-brown pop not labeled an "energy drink" cannot contain caffeine in Canada.

As stated earlier, there are shops that sell Mexican Coke. I doubt it's illegal to sell foreign specialty drinks here.

I never said illegal.

But Coke (or Pepsi) would stop supplying them the moment that they found out.

So usually - if the corner store sells them, they have purchased all of their products in bulk and are reselling to you.

Edited by Squeak, 22 July 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Keep-On-Nuckin'

Keep-On-Nuckin'

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

^ I cannot tell you how distracted I get by watching your sig lol :P :lol:

#33 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,576 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

^ I cannot tell you how distracted I get by watching your sig lol :P :lol:

That's my plan all along.
Posted Image

#34 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Got to get that Vanilla Coke.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#35 Keep-On-Nuckin'

Keep-On-Nuckin'

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

You absolutely have to eat at Chick-fil-a! I've lived in the south, and it's pretty big down there for a good reason. The food is awesome (best fries ever *drool*), and I looked it up and noticed that they do have one located in Bellingham. I recommend getting their waffle fries, a chicken sandwich, and a chocolate milkshake. Here's their website with a link to their menu in case you want to learn more: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu. Gosh, I miss that place so much. Enjoy!

Edited by Keep-On-Nuckin', 22 July 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#36 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

You absolutely have to eat at Chick-fil-a! I've lived in the south, and it's pretty big down there for a good reason. The food is awesome (best fries ever *drool*), and I looked it up and noticed that they do have one located in Bellingham. I recommend getting their waffle fries, a chicken sandwich, and a chocolate milkshake. Here's their website with a link to their menu in case you want to learn more: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Food/Menu. Gosh, I miss that place so much. Enjoy!

I've always wanted to try Chick Fil-A, a ton of friends told me that its amazing. Definately gonna be a place I'm gonna go for.

Edited by LeanBeaf, 22 July 2012 - 11:12 PM.

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#37 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,485 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

You can get 20 chicken McNuggets in the states for $4.99.

Definitely can't get that in Canada.

oh man...nothing beats 20 nuggets for $4.99. Went to Hawaii and had those for a late night snack...

so happy they dont have them here or else i would probably be 30+ pounds heavier..
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#38 That's What She Said

That's What She Said

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

Happy Hippos
Why not Zoidberg? (\/)(°,,,°)(\/)

#39 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

Doesn't mean they are allowed to sell it.

There is a corner store near me that sells all the US pops you can't here (all the Mountain Dews, W.C. Pepsi (but as I said.. it's 'back), Vanilla and Cherry Coke) --- but he just goes down to Bellingham, buys the 12 packs for $3, then sells each can for $1.50

Pepsi Blue seems to only be available in The Phillipines, Indonesia and Malaysia.

You're probably right but the corner store I'm talking about sells each can for 99 cents !

What about Coke Blak ? That stuff was fabulous. I still have a bottle (I think they only sold it in the bottles with those hard to open caps) that I kept since I knew it was a limited edition drink.

Posted Image

#40 JLumme

JLumme

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Mexican Coke owns both.

You can find them in some Latin goods shops.

If you go to a kosher store, or a safeway or some other grocery store during the jewish high holidays you can get kosher coke, which is similar to the Mexican version. They make it with real sugar, as opposed to corn syrup, it tastes much better.

http://en.wikipedia....osher_Coca-Cola

#41 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Always Vanilla Coke.

Posted Image

#42 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,576 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

You're probably right but the corner store I'm talking about sells each can for 99 cents !

What about Coke Blak ? That stuff was fabulous. I still have a bottle (I think they only sold it in the bottles with those hard to open caps) that I kept since I knew it was a limited edition drink.

Coke Blak was discontinued in 2008
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.