Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vancouvercanucks#1

Canucks Prospects Rankings from Dave Gagner (Director of Player Development)

82 posts in this topic

Gaunce being below Rodin, and Connauton is a surprising choice.

Rodin is underrated. It was his first year in North America, it should have been all about adjusting and not about the point totals. He'll probably have a good year next year.

The Canuck's have about 20 Prospects with NHL potential, so it's become a hell lot intriguing than ever. Not saying all 20 will make it, but they are all making progress. It wasn't like a few years ago, when the top 10 included ppg junior players struggling in the AHL level, and not finding much success in the ECHL.

Very interesting rankings i'm curious to see if Connauton can crack the lineup 2 years from now.

I didn't think Rodin would be that high, or on the list at all. It sounds like he had a very hard time ajusting to North American hockey, but that's a pleasant surprise. I thought maybe Freisen or even Mallet would be there instead.

I didn't think Rodin would be that high, or on the list at all. It sounds like he had a very hard time ajusting to North American hockey, but that's a pleasant surprise. I thought maybe Freisen or even Mallet would be there instead.

Interesting, no Billy Sweatt on this list. Even though he was called up this past year over Schroeder and Rodin, he's ranked at a lower level... his AHL totals did drop, but he's not that far off Schroeder's pace. Although Schroeder does have the superior overall game by the sounds of it, as well as the advantage of being a centre, you'd think Sweatt would be in there somewhere.

....mediocre at best is a good way to describe this. I just can't see these guys replacing the Sedins, Kes.. KB3, Hammer..

Interesting, no Billy Sweatt on this list. Even though he was called up this past year over Schroeder and Rodin, he's ranked at a lower level... his AHL totals did drop, but he's not that far off Schroeder's pace. Although Schroeder does have the superior overall game by the sounds of it, as well as the advantage of being a centre, you'd think Sweatt would be in there somewhere.

I am pleased with this. Just think, if all these prospects develop properly we could have a pretty kick-ass team in the future. (Noy saying we don't now...)

I agree with the Sauve ranking, 6 or 7th defenseman at best. I mean he was drafted in 2008, I know defensemen take longer to develop but I haven't seen any real promise for him yet.

I also agree with the Rodin ranking. In his last 14 games he collected 9 points or something like that (of his 27). He's adjusted to the North American game, and I fully believe Rodin as well as some of our other prospects will flourish under a system coached by Arniel than MacTavish trying to resurrect his career.

Pretty sure he was given a chance because of his age. He's 22 now, still isn't much of a role player nor a dynamic offensive player. He's pretty much a bust. For him to be at that age, and show lack of progression while younger guys are taking advantage of their opportunities, It's going to be hard for him now.

I base our prospect rankings on how well they play in the preseason up against other NHL prospects and players.

So based on that, our defencemen like Sauve aren't very strong, but Jensen and Schroeder are almost NHL-ready, especially Jensen.