The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Killings in Burma

Super19

I just want to put this out there that this conflict has nothing to do with religion. Its an ethnic conflict. Elsewhere in Burma, Burmese Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Animists are getting along. I am not saying they are getting along well but they aren't rioting against each other. Its not like they are twisting the scriptures of Theravada Buddhism because there is really nothing that can be used to justify the violence. In Mahayana Buddhism, there might be some but the Burmese don't follow Mahayana.

There is however a difference between Burmese Muslims elsewhere in Burma and the Rohingya, and that is that they are seen as Burmese. They speak the language, eat the food, etc. The Rohingya are seen as a separate people illegally from Bangladesh and not real Burmese.

Its seems a like a lot of people are trying to fan the hatred and twist things out of proportion such as with that picture of the Sichuan Earthquake aftermath.

I just want to put this out there that this conflict has nothing to do with religion. Its an ethnic conflict. Elsewhere in Burma, Burmese Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians and Animists are getting along. I am not saying they are getting along well but they aren't rioting against each other. Its not like they are twisting the scriptures of Theravada Buddhism because there is really nothing that can be used to justify the violence. In Mahayana Buddhism, there might be some but the Burmese don't follow Mahayana.

There is however a difference between Burmese Muslims elsewhere in Burma and the Rohingya, and that is that they are seen as Burmese. They speak the language, eat the food, etc. The Rohingya are seen as a separate people illegally from Bangladesh and not real Burmese.

Its seems a like a lot of people are trying to fan the hatred and twist things out of proportion such as with that picture of the Sichuan Earthquake aftermath.

Saudi Arabia loves to "pledge" aid, but have a track record of not paying:

http://news.yahoo.com/palestinians-crisis-pledged-aid-not-received-172541408.html

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2012/1088/eg6.htm

I'd be curious to see who this aid is being paid to. As there is no government for the Rohingya people, who is actually receiving and distributin this aid? Saudi Arabia has a long history of funding Wahhabist schools, which often serve the interests of the Saudis more than the populations they purport to help.

Archived