The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Looks like I was spot on. I knew they weren't letting Welker walk at 6 million without a plan. Amendola only has 10 mill guaranteed over 5 years. Not sure what welker's guarantee with Denver is.

Edit: though Amendola isn't Welker, he can mimick his style. He may not have 110 catches, or maybe he will, but Amendola is a good middle of the field guy with a little range too.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Or maybe it was Welker's horrible play in the playoffs that sealed his fate. One drop pass in the SB to cost them the game, and his drop in the Ravens game turned the tide. Good Riddance, as a pat fan I am glad to see him walk. He is the Joe Thorton of NFL players, good regular season numbers but cant do lick all when its crunch time in the playoffs.

Too bad they couldn't get Mike Wallace, they need a wideout that can fly and open up the deep passing game that made them lethal with Moss.

Darius Heyward-Bey maybe for the Pats? He can fly but I'm not sure if he can catch... Pretty pissed that he left for only 2M more though and not being able to follow Brady and take less

Still a 1000 yard receiver who did it with brady and without. Call me crazy but Id rather have the proven 1000 yeard receiver over the unproven injury prone Amendola. Luckily for my team, they do have Welker now

Zero rings since Welker came to NE. Coincidence?

For real though, gonna be damn tough to replace those stats.

LaRon Landry signs with Colts

Rich Cimini

ESPNNewYork.com | March 13, 2013

The free-agent defections keep coming for the New York Jets. The latest is Pro Bowl safety LaRon Landry, who signed Wednesday night with the Indianapolis Colts.

The deal, first reported by CBS Sports, is a four-year, $24 million contract and includes $14 million in guarantees, according to a league source.

Jets, Bucs in stare down over Revis

Rich Cimini

ESPNNewYork.com | March 13, 2013

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are refusing to surrender their 2013 first-round draft pick (13th overall) to acquire New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

The Bucs, however, might be willing to trade their first-rounder in 2014, the report said.

Jets general manager John Idzik is willing to wait until next month's draft, perhaps longer, before pulling the trigger on a Revis deal, sources said. But a soft deadline is approaching. If Revis is on the Jets' roster on Saturday, he earns a $1 million roster bonus.

As a Patriots fan it sucks losing Pat Chung and Wes Welker. I remember hearing rumours of Ed Reed possibly going to the Patriots after the Pats were eliminated out of the playoffs, hopefully that comes true.

Greg Jennings is still out there, I would love for him to come to New England but it most likely won't happen.

Really happy about how the Seahawks have made their so much better, I will also be rooting them on. Hopefully we see a Patriots vs Seahawks Super Bowl!

Ravens have been forced to completely gut the roster. Pollard had to be cut and Reed might not be back either. They have huge holes on defence that will be tough to fill in the draft alone. How can you replace two hall of famers in the same off-season?

Boldin is gonna be a nice fit with the 49ers and Ed Reed should consider them too since Goldson is gone. I'm sure Frank Gore will try to convince him to join him and have another shot at the Super Bowl.

49ers and Seahawks look like the best teams in the NFC next year. On paper they are both rock solid. San fran just needs to replace Goldson and they will be Super Bowl contenders again.

Eagles flying under the radar they are reshaping the whole secondary this off-season. DRC and Nnamdi both gone.

Fletcher from St.Louis seems solid at least as a nickel slot guy maybe even a starter.

What can you Patriots fans tell me about Patrick Chung? Can he play Free Safety or is he limited to in the box?

I'm still hoping the Eagles make a serious run at Sean Smith or Bernard Pollard they really need physical players on defense especially the secondary who can tackle.

I really hope they are not done yet and go after one big name that can help them now and in the future.

One thing is clear though, Chip Kelly covets versatility in all of his players. Eagles are really trying to bring in hardworking character guys. They have tried to stay away from getting into bidding wars over the big names.

Greg Jennings if they could get him would be a great fit and be a veteran leader to guys like Maclin and Jackson to teach them how to be a true pro. Not to mention he would fit very well in the slot in Chip Kelly's offence with his YAC ability.

Edited by Terry Crews

Ravens have been forced to completely gut the roster. Pollard had to be cut and Reed might not be back either. They have huge holes on defence that will be tough to fill in the draft alone. How can you replace two hall of famers in the same off-season?

Boldin is gonna be a nice fit with the 49ers and Ed Reed should consider them too since Goldson is gone. I'm sure Frank Gore will try to convince him to join him and have another shot at the Super Bowl.

49ers and Seahawks look like the best teams in the NFC next year. On paper they are both rock solid. San fran just needs to replace Goldson and they will be Super Bowl contenders again.

Eagles flying under the radar they are reshaping the whole secondary this off-season. DRC and Nnamdi both gone.

Fletcher from St.Louis seems solid at least as a nickel slot guy maybe even a starter.

What can you Patriots fans tell me about Patrick Chung? Can he play Free Safety or is he limited to in the box?

I'm still hoping the Eagles make a serious run at Sean Smith or Bernard Pollard they really need physical players on defense especially the secondary who can tackle.

I really hope they are not done yet and go after one big name that can help them now and in the future.

One thing is clear though, Chip Kelly covets versatility in all of his players. Eagles are really trying to bring in hardworking character guys. They have tried to stay away from getting into bidding wars over the big names.

Greg Jennings if they could get him would be a great fit and be a veteran leader to guys like Maclin and Jackson to teach them how to be a true pro. Not to mention he would fit very well in the slot in Chip Kelly's offence with his YAC ability.

more hype than skill. coming out of the draft Pats fans expected him to be a top notch starting safety but he battled a lot of injuries and wasn't consistant. Gave up too many big plays. He was however a big hitter and he's great at stopping the run.

Greg Jennings is still out there, I would love for him to come to New England but it most likely won't happen.

ugh, he's visiting with the Vikings today.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

And it's on: Packers free-agent WR Greg Jennings is visiting today with...the Minnesota Vikings

I'd be happy if he went anywhere BUT Minnesota