The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

99% convinced john elway is god. gets manning last yr, welker this yr gets his star defensive player to take a sizeable pay cut. hes doing what bellicheck did in the 2000s but in my opinion even better.

2 yrs ago this team had no qb and was 8-8 team. Now it is the favorite to win the super bowll.

Elway and the GM in seattle are a cut above any execs/roster managers out there

99% convinced john elway is god. gets manning last yr, welker this yr gets his star defensive player to take a sizeable pay cut. hes doing what bellicheck did in the 2000s but in my opinion even better.

2 yrs ago this team had no qb and was 8-8 team. Now it is the favorite to win the super bowll.

Favorite??

You guys remember who your QB is right? Mr choke artist himself.

Edit: oh and Elway didn't file the Dumervil in time so he is released.

Edited by Bob Corkum

I've heard strong rumours that the Pats have offered their 1st round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis and the Jets are thinking extremely hard on it.. If it is true, and I do trust this source as he's broken numerous free agent signings days before they were even announced, then that'll be a great move for the Pats! Even if we do lose a 1st

And last year, he broke news that Manning was going to the Broncos two days before the official announcement was made to mainstream media...

pic.twitter.com/GhiWOBXv85

Edited by Apple Juice

I've heard strong rumours that the Pats have offered their 1st round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis and the Jets are thinking extremely hard on it.. If it is true, and I do trust this source as he's broken numerous free agent signings days before they were even announced, then that'll be a great move for the Pats! Even if we do lose a 1st

And last year, he broke news that Manning was going to the Broncos two days before the official announcement was made to mainstream media...

An espn analyst tweeted out earlier this afternoon that rumblings around the office are that the Patriots are looking to close a big blockbuster trade

Elway threw money at manning and he could have easily chosen san francisco but knew he wouldn't have to "battle" for the starting job in Denver even though he wouldn't really have been "battling" vs alex smith in SF.

Welker gave the Patriots the chance to match Denver's measley offer of 6 mill which is nothing for a guy like him but the Patriots wanted to let the aging receiver go and go for the younger guy. Again, Belichick could have easily been like 6 million? hell yeah that's a steal and bam Welker stays in New England.

Dumervil is released by the Broncos.

So all together, there easily could be no manning, no welker, and no dumervil in Denver but the cards just fell into place. It's not like he was a genius for finding a way to make an offer to a guy knowing damn well that guy's previous team can't afford to match it therefore he gets the player ... *cough* like Belichick is doing with emmanuel sanders *cough* ;)

Denver will be beastly next year

Wes Welker came to the Patriots at the age of 26 or 27 from the Dolphins as practically a nobody. He had 29 receptions for 400 yards followed by 67 receptions for 680 yards before coming to the Patriots, finding Brady, and taking off.

Amendola comes to the Patriots at the age of 27. His last two full seasons he had 689 and 666 catches, while in 2011 he only played 1 game due to injury. These two guys are eerily identicle in playing style, and their backgrounds before coming to the Patriots.

The difference is Amendola has shown he can line up wide and run a go or seam route.

Because of where Welker came from and what he was, and then what he became after uniting with Brady, I'm going to give Amendola the benefit of the doubt that he will hit the ground running in New England until he shows otherwise

more hype than skill. coming out of the draft Pats fans expected him to be a top notch starting safety but he battled a lot of injuries and wasn't consistant. Gave up too many big plays. He was however a big hitter and he's great at stopping the run.

I'll take a guy who is a good hitter. Maybe Chip Kelly as his college coach feels he can get the best out of out of him. Eagles also signed Kenny Phillips from the Giants. Pretty much low risk high reward moves.

John Abraham and Adrian Wilson scheduled to meet with the Pats tomorrow, arrived in Foxboro tonight. Thank god something is being done for the defensive side. Abraham, Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich would be a great front 4, or drop Abraham to olb to run a 3-4

Emmanuel Sanders was overshadowed with the Steelers because of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. He could be the outside vertical threat the Patriots are lacking plus he is a great punt returner.

Looks like Steelers will be drafting 2 wide receivers early in the draft this year to replace Wallace and Sanders.

Edited by Terry Crews

I'll take a guy who is a good hitter. Maybe Chip Kelly as his college coach feels he can get the best out of out of him. Eagles also signed Kenny Phillips from the Giants. Pretty much low risk high reward moves.

Emmanuel Sanders was overshadowed with the Steelers because of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. He could be the outside vertical threat the Patriots are lacking plus he is a great punt returner.

Looks like Steelers will be drafting 2 wide receivers early in the draft this year to replace Wallace and Sanders.

We've desperately been looking for a guy who can run the deep routes with speed and catch the ball ever since we lost Randy Moss. Deion Branch and Brandon Lloyd are decent but we've been needing a deep threat for a long time...

Elway threw money at manning and he could have easily chosen san francisco but knew he wouldn't have to "battle" for the starting job in Denver even though he wouldn't really have been "battling" vs alex smith in SF.

Welker gave the Patriots the chance to match Denver's measley offer of 6 mill which is nothing for a guy like him but the Patriots wanted to let the aging receiver go and go for the younger guy. Again, Belichick could have easily been like 6 million? hell yeah that's a steal and bam Welker stays in New England.

Dumervil is released by the Broncos.

So all together, there easily could be no manning, no welker, and no dumervil in Denver but the cards just fell into place. It's not like he was a genius for finding a way to make an offer to a guy knowing damn well that guy's previous team can't afford to match it therefore he gets the player ... *cough* like Belichick is doing with emmanuel sanders *cough* ;)

Denver will be beastly next year

Your right in some respects but your undervaluing the ability of Elway to sell his team. Manning signed with the Broncos and truthfully to me it came as a shock because Denver was a fringe playoff team and who the heck wants to be with a fringe playoff team. Elway sold Manning on Denver. Peyton for the most part had the same offers across the board in terms of money but the difference became that Elway was able to sell Manning on Denver.

In regards to Welker, thats a very fair point but I think something has to be said for Elway creating an environment where Welker would easily choose the Broncos as his #2 option.

In terms of Dumervil, the agent messed it up and that is why he was fired the next day. My comment on Elway being so great came when it was announced the a new contract had been renegotiated. Elway played his cards right during the situation He didnt cut Elvis until the bitter end because he wanted Elvis to see he wouldnt get a much better offer than what Denver had given and in the end the plan would have worked if it wasnt for a stupid agent and a fax machine

I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's almost no chance any GM would trade an elite level player to a division rival. If Revis is traded I'd expect it to be to the NFC. Either that or Jets fan really need to question their new GM.

Dumervil to Ravens. Hope he eats sh*t. Piece of garbage.

Doesn't make sense to me how one day a guy can be so committed to a team and their direction that he takes a pay cut just to stay on the team, his agent who has no connection to the team messes up and his contract is nullified, he then ditches the team and goes to a rival. Why couldn't they just re-do the contract they originally agreed on? Yeah he restructured it before he was due his roster bonus or something, but once he was a free agent he still could've taken a reduced salary with higher bonuses to make up for it.

Doesn't make sense to me how one day a guy can be so committed to a team and their direction that he takes a pay cut just to stay on the team, his agent who has no connection to the team messes up and his contract is nullified, he then ditches the team and goes to a rival. Why couldn't they just re-do the contract they originally agreed on? Yeah he restructured it before he was due his roster bonus or something, but once he was a free agent he still could've taken a reduced salary with higher bonuses to make up for it.

He probably just thought his being forced to take a reduced salary and agreeing to it was not the best move when he got a second chance to rethink his situation after the fax mishap.

He probably thought the team willing to pay him more was the one who wanted him more than the team who wanted him to take a pay cut.

But then again he probably considered the fact this is the last big deal he is gonna get so he might as well cash in while he still can.

Saints have signed Keenan Lewis. I like the move.

Would like to bring in Victor Butler as well

... And we do bring in Victor Butler. I like the move a lot. Will be an improvement to our pass rush.

Edited by Madness