The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I wanna hope to see that Belichick will resign Welker and then try and go out for Tony Gonzalez.. Move Hernandez over to the WR and then add a great depth WR.. Then come back with a strong defensive back and we're all set.

EDIT: guess not... j ust saw that Gonzalez is going back to the Falcons :(

If we somehow are able to snag up Welker and Vollmer AND Greg Jennings, that'd be beautiful

Edited by Apple Juice

I wanna hope to see that Belichick will resign Welker and then try and go out for Tony Gonzalez.. Move Hernandez over to the WR and then add a great depth WR.. Then come back with a strong defensive back and we're all set.

EDIT: guess not... j ust saw that Gonzalez is going back to the Falcons :(

If we somehow are able to snag up Welker and Vollmer AND Greg Jennings, that'd be beautiful

I doubt it happens. They have not even made 1 offer to Welker yet which imo is crazy. Pats fans may say they dontneed to keep Welker but they really do

I'm very happy for Welker. I'm also impressed with his loyalty to New England given the fact he gave the Patriots a chance to match Denver's offer instead of just turning his back on the Pats and going to Denver.

If the Patriots can sign Amendola, who they've been in negotiations with since last weekend, I will breathe a sigh of relief.

If the Patriots can't land Amendola, I will cry, every day, every game hernandez and gronk get double teamed..:(

I'm very happy for Welker. I'm also impressed with his loyalty to New England given the fact he gave the Patriots a chance to match Denver's offer instead of just turning his back on the Pats and going to Denver.

If the Patriots can sign Amendola, who they've been in negotiations with since last weekend, I will breathe a sigh of relief.

If the Patriots can't land Amendola, I will cry, every day, every game hernandez and gronk get double teamed.. :(

Question for you since you follow the pats better than mos. Why did they no re-sign him? All of my close friends who are pats ans think its just bellicheck being stubborn and not believing in wes. Is that basically it or is there more too it.

Or maybe it was Welker's horrible play in the playoffs that sealed his fate. One drop pass in the SB to cost them the game, and his drop in the Ravens game turned the tide. Good Riddance, as a pat fan I am glad to see him walk. He is the Joe Thorton of NFL players, good regular season numbers but cant do lick all when its crunch time in the playoffs.

Too bad they couldn't get Mike Wallace, they need a wideout that can fly and open up the deep passing game that made them lethal with Moss.

Question for you since you follow the pats better than mos. Why did they no re-sign him? All of my close friends who are pats ans think its just bellicheck being stubborn and not believing in wes. Is that basically it or is there more too it.

They've been in negotiation's with Amendola since last Saturday I believe, Friday or Saturday. There's also the obvious hole on secondary. The Patriots know they have guaranteed production in Hernandez, Gronkowski, Ridley and a little bit in Vereen. The question's lie in Edelman and Lloyd, who I don't expect to see back. In my opinion, the Patriots felt they could get another receiver such as Amendola who may not fully replace Welker in terms of 100+ catches, but who could do the same thing he did, that being giving Brady a bail out option down the middle.

Having said all that, the point I'm trying to get to is they probably felt they could get that middle of the field guy for cheaper and invest more money on the defensive side of the ball. They're in negotiations with Talib currently and I imagine they are also making calls to other guys. Reed is flying to Houston to meet with the Texans, maybe Belichick will give him a call.

I don't think Belichick's ego is what prevented him from stealing Welker at a mere 6 million. I think it was just a decision to change direction. As big as his ego is, he wouldn't let someone of Welker's calibre leave to a conference rival if he didn't have something up his sleeve