Posted Image

#932 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,196 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just how excited is everyone for the Monday Nighter in a couple weeks between the Titans and Jets?
Posted Image

#933 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Just how excited is everyone for the Monday Nighter in a couple weeks between the Titans and Jets?

lol

well maybe I'll hold on to the titans d for a couple weeks and play them that week. would give me some interest in the game

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#934 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

looking forward to the Texans - Pats game next weekend.

and what happened to Griffin gmen, he was terrible today :picard:

mind you the whole team was bad

Edited by vancanfan, 02 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#935 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

what you last had to eat, consistency, force of excretion aka muzzle velocity, etc.

all I've put into my body for the last 2 days is eggnog and ginger snaps.It was about the same consistency of eggnog mixed with gingersnaps. 52 m/s.

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

d d d d d d ddd d d d d d ddddddddd-Formally known as Jay Jay Sea

#936 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

So far pretty good. Seahawks win and Patriots roll over another opponent. Brady and company rolling heading into playoffs.

On a day when quarterback Tom Brady was mostly held in check, the New England Patriots showed why they might be one the NFL's most dangerous teams heading into the playoffs.

Posted Image
Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.

The Patriots beat the Miami Dolphins 23-16 Sunday to clinch the AFC East title because their defense is better and their running game can put games away.

Brady was held under six yards-per-throw for the first time all season, but the Patriots' offense dominated where it mattered: on the ground. The Patriots got the ball back with just over eight minutes remaining, holding on to a one-touchdown lead. They promptly ran the ball down the Dolphins' throats.

The game was over sixteen plays and 77 yards later. The Patriots only had to throw the ball three times on the game-clinching drive. Stevan Ridley pounded the ball -- only 24 yards on that penultimate possession came through the air.

The Patriots' defense also continues to make strides. It had three sacks and seven tackles for loss. At 9-3, the Patriots have won six straight games in a variety of ways. They still have a shot at a playoff bye because they've learned to win even when they can't put 40 points on the board.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

#937 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

...not going to comment on that first paragraph. Kind of surprised that you did, actually.

Agree with the rest of he post though. Great round of early games. Even the Phish made it interesting. BTW: I only got a quick look at it, but that fumble by Tannehill sure looked like his arm was moving forward...

...also, I can't remember the last time I saw Welker miss a gimme like that.

I don't know why you'd be surprised, it's the truth. He's a murderer. Just because he was an athlete doesn't mean people should take it lightly. Had he not taken a cowards way out and taken his own life as well, he'd be behind bars. Would his team still be extra motivated to win "for" him? What kind of monster can shoot his girlfriend 9 times in front of his mother? In the same house as his daughter? Don't get me wrong, it's terrible that anybody had to die and I'm not saying people shouldn't mourn the loss of someone they once considered a teammate. It's just disgusting, in my opinion, to play "for" someone who murdered an innocent woman.

Glad NFL.com had the balls to take down the through the years tribute to him. Could you imagine being a family member of Kassandra and going on NFL.com and seeing a tribute to the man who murdered your sister/daughter/cousin/niece/co worker/friend. Don't know what kind of clowns they have running that site.

28mmdg5.jpg

Thanks to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome signature

egpcw0.gif

#938 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

I don't know why you'd be surprised, it's the truth. He's a murderer. Just because he was an athlete doesn't mean people should take it lightly. Had he not taken a cowards way out and taken his own life as well, he'd be behind bars. Would his team still be extra motivated to win "for" him? What kind of monster can shoot his girlfriend 9 times in front of his mother? In the same house as his daughter? Don't get me wrong, it's terrible that anybody had to die and I'm not saying people shouldn't mourn the loss of someone they once considered a teammate. It's just disgusting, in my opinion, to play "for" someone who murdered an innocent woman.

Glad NFL.com had the balls to take down the through the years tribute to him. Could you imagine being a family member of Kassandra and going on NFL.com and seeing a tribute to the man who murdered your sister/daughter/cousin/niece/co worker/friend. Don't know what kind of clowns they have running that site.

we know that he shouldn't have taken her out with him, that wasn't what rupertkbd was unimpressed by in your post (i'm guessing)

your post was more about the chiefs winning than it was about Kasandra being murdered. You could have been a little smarter in the way you posted that

#939 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

we know that he shouldn't have taken her out with him, that wasn't what rupertkbd was unimpressed by in your post (i'm guessing)

your post was more about the chiefs winning than it was about Kasandra being murdered. You could have been a little smarter in the way you posted that

Yeah I probably could have, my point was more towards that it's stupid that they can only manage 1 win all season and can't find it in themselves to win another, but one of their teammates murders his gf and then brings out the coach and gm so they can watch him kill himself is all of a sudden a motivating factor. I really hope the daughter and the mother were in their hearts when they played today and not Belcher.

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#940 JJC

JJC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I personally think the main reason KC won was because it was against the panthers...

COLTSTRONG

Posted Image

d d d d d d ddd d d d d d ddddddddd-Formally known as Jay Jay Sea

#941 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Man I'm pumped.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#942 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

And the plot thickens for the #2 spot in the AFC. Ravens show they are a mediocre team. Also good to see both Harbaughs lose this week. With the exception of Bellichek, they are the 2 most annoying coaches in the NFL

#943 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

And the plot thickens for the #2 spot in the AFC. Ravens show they are a mediocre team. Also good to see both Harbaughs lose this week. With the exception of Bellichek, they are the 2 most annoying coaches in the NFL

Really? You prefer loud mouth arrogan talk out their as*es coaches like Rex and Rob Ryan over guys like belichick and the harbaugh's who stay quiet and have the respect of their players? I'm not saying you have to like either of those 3 but there are far more annoying coaches than them.

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#944 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

With the Seahawks win today they are basically in the playoffs.
Now all that's left to settle in the NFC is the east and who wins the north

EAST
Giants,skins or cowboys

NORTH
Chicago/GB

SOUTH
Atlanta

WEST
San Francisco

WILD CARD
Chicago /GB
Seattle

Edited by Tony Romo, 02 December 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#945 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Decent win from my Steelers.

Not kidding myself though. We're not good enough to do anything significant this year. Always nice to beat Baltimore though.

#946 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Also here are the schedules for the 3 teams in the race for #2 in the AFC

Broncos (9-3) *Need Patriots to lose as they would lose the tie breaker to Pats

Dec 6 @ Oakland
Dec 16 @ Baltimore
Dec 23 VS Cleveland
Dec 30 VS Kansas City

Baltimore (9-3)
Dec 9 @ Washington
Dec 16 vs Denver
Dec 23 VS New York Giants
Dec 30 @ Cincinatti

Patriots (9-3)* Current #2 seed
Dec 10 Vs Houston
Dec 16 vs San Francisco
Dec 23 @ Jacksonville
Dec 30 vs Miami

Non objectively Denver has the easiest schedule

A good case could be made for either fo the 3 teams to get #2 however Baltimore has shown us all season they arnt exactly a powerhouse. I see this coming down between Denver and New England.

I know the motto of any given sunday but on paper it is a toss up between Denver and NE. Denver should beat Oakland, Cinccy and KC. New England should beat out Miami and Jacksonville so basically it comes down to whether New England can win against either Houston or San Fran (or have to win both if Denver beats Baltimore which is something I expect)

#947 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Really? You prefer loud mouth arrogan talk out their as*es coaches like Rex and Rob Ryan over guys like belichick and the harbaugh's who stay quiet and have the respect of their players? I'm not saying you have to like either of those 3 but there are far more annoying coaches than them.

I like coaches that dont brutalize refs. Bellicheck isnt as bad as the Harbaughs who in my opinion treat the refs terribly. It is like they think the refs are pieces of crap.

Bellicheck just comes across ignorant and smug though the guys won 3 championships so he has a reaosn to be I guess. Just dont like his demeanour though.

BTW, my favorite coaches are Pete Carrol and Mike Tomlin. Both very professional.

#948 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,151 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

The Ravens have pulled out some lucky wins this year. It's going to be between the Pats and Broncos for that #2 seed and the bye in the playoffs.

#949 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I was trivializing the death of an innocent woman. My comment was directed at your assertion that it took a murder/suicide for the Chiefs to be able to muster a winning effort.

it was thoughtless and insensitive IMO and that's why I called you on it.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#950 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'm not sure where you get the idea that I was trivializing the death of an innocent woman. My comment was directed at your assertion that it took a murder/suicide for the Chiefs to be able to muster a winning effort.

it was thoughtless and insensitive IMO and that's why I called you on it.

Well, it did. In my opinion anyways. The way the pre-game analysts were spinning it along with everything else in the media, it seems like the Chiefs wanted to win for Belcher and thus played perhaps more motivated than they normally would. I'm not trying to take away from the sensitivity of the situation, I just think it's stupid that thats what it takes for this team to show up. Or hey, maybe I could be wrong and it was all cause the Panthers suck. Who knows.

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#951 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well, it did. In my opinion anyways. The way the pre-game analysts were spinning it along with everything else in the media, it seems like the Chiefs wanted to win for Belcher and thus played perhaps more motivated than they normally would. I'm not trying to take away from the sensitivity of the situation, I just think it's stupid that thats what it takes for this team to show up. Or hey, maybe I could be wrong and it was all cause the Panthers suck. Who knows.

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, or maybe it was a combination of the two. The point is, you're ridiculing an organization that had already been going through a horrible season and now that it has gotten immeasurably worse for a bunch of people who have done absolutely nothing wrong, you're kicking them while they're down.

It's a completely low blow and since you're normally a decent poster, I genuinely am surprised that you'd do so.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#952 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, or maybe it was a combination of the two. The point is, you're ridiculing an organization that had already been going through a horrible season and now that it has gotten immeasurably worse for a bunch of people who have done absolutely nothing wrong, you're kicking them while they're down.

It's a completely low blow and since you're normally a decent poster, I genuinely am surprised that you'd do so.

It wasn't intended to be a shot at the Chiefs or their organization, nor was it anything to take away from the sensitivity and the seriousness of yesterday's events. I was just taking my frustration towards the media out at the team because the media was correlating the events with the teams mindset heading into the game today.

28mmdg5.jpg

egpcw0.gif

#953 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Why do I even cheer for this ???? team

#954 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

God that the defense sucks. Everything about this defense is the one of the worst in league.
1) the crowd witch is very important in football is an embarrassment.
2)outside of ware no pass rush
3)can never get a turnover
4)gives up big plays on the run and the pass

#955 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,648 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

It wasn't intended to be a shot at the Chiefs or their organization,

Really?

Only takes a guy shooting his innocent girlfriend NINE times to motivate the Chiefs enough to win a game..

Looks like it to me.....

#956 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Anyone know how the race between Seattle and San Fran works?

San Fran is 8-3-1 while Seattle is 7-5

Lets say Seattle beats San Fran 3 weeks time and the teams finish with identical records. Does the nod go to San Fran because they have less losses? How would it play out?

#957 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Anyone know how the race between Seattle and San Fran works?

San Fran is 8-3-1 while Seattle is 7-5

Lets say Seattle beats San Fran 3 weeks time and the teams finish with identical records. Does the nod go to San Fran because they have less losses? How would it play out?

I'm assuming you meant something like San Fran: 11-4-1, Seattle: 11-5.

Then yes, it does. A tie is better than a loss.

Edited by The Great Honey Badger, 02 December 2012 - 08:39 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#958 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,795 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Seattle doesn't lose at home.

#959 Upshall18

Upshall18

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Seattle doesn't lose at home.

They already lost to Gree...nvm

Did not like Costas during halftime using the tragedy to spin his own agenda though. On the other hand I liked Brady Quinn's comments on the situation after the game

#960 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

Why do I even cheer for this ???? team

from what I can gather, you don't

you just whine about them lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.