The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is pat Kane gettable?

TACIC

Hossa's deal is two years older. The cap hit is almost equal and Luongo is just as likely to retire. Luongo is also one of the better goalies in the league. I don't see what you see. Kesler would take over the 2-way forward role you speak of anyways. He did get nominated for the Selke.

Chicago isn't looking to trade Kane and they are certainly not looking to trade Saad.

Saad is the next golden boy in Chicago and Bowman has him penciled into the top 6 already. The have been marketing the heck out of Saad, he even announced out first round pick at this year's draft. Chicago would never do that deal, Kane is the best player (now) in that deal and Saad could be the best player in the long term.

I'll give you credit though, it's not a bad deal you put together (it's better than most Chicago/Vancouver deals I've seen). The one piece you missed was a goalie gone back to Vancouver, we'd have to shed some more salary so Crawford would need to go to Vancouver.

No. The only Canucks I'd be interested in are Kesler, Hamhuis and Garrison.

If you're looking to trade with Chicago then scratch these players off your list: Toews, Kane, Sharp, Hossa, Bolland, Keith, Seabrook, Shaw, Saad and Teravainen. That being said, Chicago doesn't have anything left to get the 3 players I listed above.

Archived