Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Retire Luongo's Number?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
190 replies to this topic

Poll: Retire Luongo's Number? (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Should We Retire Luongos Number if We Trade Him This Year?

1. Yes (33 votes [14.86%])

Percentage of vote: 14.86%

2. No (106 votes [47.75%])

Percentage of vote: 47.75%

3. Ring of Honour (83 votes [37.39%])

Percentage of vote: 37.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:29 AM

the 8-1 loss in game 3 was actually scoreless after the 1st period, then they scored 11 seconds into the 2nd and everyone imploded and gave up.

The only game where we were completely out of it right off the bat was game 6, they scored 4 in the first.

As I said, Thomas kept his team in it until the bitter end in all of his losses. Keeping your team in it for one period isn't going to win the game. You need to keep your team in it for three periods to have that opportunity.
Posted Image

#182 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:09 AM

Game 7 and I have a healthy 6 foot nine Chara paired with a healthy 2nd in Seidenberg with the healthy butcher Boychuk as my third and all my 6 dressed D are healthy or....

It is Game 7 and I have a rookie that has never scored an NHL goal playing alongside a number 7 d man in Alberts and Sami Salo as my only healthy d men.
Edler could not hold his stick.Bieksa could barely use one leg,Ehrhoff could not give or take a hit or shoot the puck effectively and the best d man,Hamhuis,is long gone.Rome is also gone.
So,Chara,Seidenberg and Boychuk the butcher against Salo,Tanev and Alberts.
Just how do you think you would do as the goalie in that situation...You guys throwing Luo are morons.

#183 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,757 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:17 AM

Game 7 and I have a healthy 6 foot nine Chara paired with a healthy 2nd in Seidenberg with the healthy butcher Boychuk as my third and all my 6 dressed D are healthy or....

It is Game 7 and I have a rookie that has never scored an NHL goal playing alongside a number 7 d man in Alberts and Sami Salo as my only healthy d men.
Edler could not hold his stick.Bieksa could barely use one leg,Ehrhoff could not give or take a hit or shoot the puck effectively and the best d man,Hamhuis,is long gone.Rome is also gone.
Just how do you think you would do as the goalie in that situation...You guys throwing Luo are morons.

Not to mention

An injured Henrik
An injured Kesler
Raymond out
Samuelsson for all we know

Our only healthy top six forwards were Daniel and Burrows, going up against a healthy

Lucic
Krejci
Bergeron
Marchand
Recchi

If our forwards and D were healthy and Boston's weren't, who knows how badly we could've beaten them.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#184 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,212 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:50 AM

Not to mention

An injured Henrik
An injured Kesler
Raymond out
Samuelsson for all we know

Our only healthy top six forwards were Daniel and Burrows, going up against a healthy

Lucic
Krejci
Bergeron
Marchand
Recchi

If our forwards and D were healthy and Boston's weren't, who knows how badly we could've beaten them.

I was just reading that Salo was said to have suffered a groin pull in game 2 and Alberts was injured in game 6 so that left Tanev-one d man - that was not injured or out.
Higgins was playing with a broken foot and Samuelsson was long gone in the Western Finals.
Based on the words of Canucks forward Jeff Tambellini, there must have been more.
"There were probably shooting six guys up [for Game 7]," he said.

#185 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Was Luongo injured?
Why was he able to overcome all of our team's injuries in 3 of the 7 games and then be absolutely brutal in the other 4 games? You guys make it sound like because we had a lot of injured players that there was nobody even on the ice, just Luongo in a shooting gallery. That's not how I remember it. Now why dont we forget about the SCF for a second, what was Luongo's excuse for being so hot and cold against Chicago for 3 straight years? Was our whole team injured in all of those series too?
I dunno, seems to me that for such an "elite", "top 3", "world class" goaltender, Luongo sure seems to need an awful lot of help at playoff time.

#186 TowelPower12

TowelPower12

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

As I said, Thomas kept his team in it until the bitter end in all of his losses. Keeping your team in it for one period isn't going to win the game. You need to keep your team in it for three periods to have that opportunity.

Luongo could have kept us in it for 6 periods, wouldn't have mattered. our offense was not there in that series

#187 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

Retire Luongo's Number?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#188 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Luongo could have kept us in it for 6 periods, wouldn't have mattered. our offense was not there in that series

I would have liked to see what could have developed if he held us in for 3 periods in the Boston games. An OT or a one game loss I could live with, or you never know a win?

Edited by Nino, 25 August 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#189 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Will you get the same push from your offense if you're down 4 -6 goals as you would if you're down 1 goal? Had Lou managed to keep us in those games at the very least the opportunity would have been there.
Posted Image

#190 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

Did Lou have a solid team in front of him in Florida when he was nominated for a Vezina? Was our team healthy for his three wins against Boston?

That said I've already mentioned injuries were the biggest reason we lost to Boston. But considering all those injuries Lou playing like a Vezina nominee was our only hope of winning the cup. He didn't, and you'll never convince me he didn't give up any weak ones in those losses.
Posted Image

#191 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

retire his number? ffs!
Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.