The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Tandem Would You Rather Have: RNH & Webber or The Sedins?

Pasific Coluseum

SEDINS have one more year to bring us a CUP , and think that is pushing it....... Kesler has had his best year, but still a great second line center ......... Luongo has always been a bum .... Bieksa and Hamhuis and Edler and "Salo" , I liked him in the lineup,,,, Ballard, who cares, ..Garrison, good deal .....Tanev will be Ok ......... Burrows is the spark and has another year, like the twins ........ Malhotra, on the ice, who cares ..bring in a kid, oops he's gone............ schroeder maybe, pint sized little brat........... step it up Kassian, maybe/hope so........... raymond and higgins and booth all just have to step it up a bit and I am sure they will

love brian

I'd take almost any other top offensive pairing over the Sedins. The Sedins are one-demensional offence-only players who disappear every post-season. The Sedins are only valuable when they're scoring goals, when the goals stop coming the Sedins are a wasted roster spot, they are slow, relatively poor skaters, not defensively responsible, they aren't physical, nor are they very good one on one.

The Sedins are floaters, albeit very successful ones. They make a great first line and they're chemistry fits with our team's dynamic, but as individual players they are incredibly weak compared to players like Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos, etc.

There are benefits to the Sedins style of play (as seen to in their regular season success), but also major detractions to it (as seen in the fact that they go from Art Ross and Hart trophy winner/nominee status in the regular season to completely useless in the post-season).

Don't get me wrong, the Sedins are incredible at what they do but there is a lot missing from their game to give them the same value as other more well-rounded all-around offensive stars.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins unless they take their game to the next level or Kesler transforms into beast mode in the middle of a game and eats the opposing team.

I'd take almost any other top offensive pairing over the Sedins. The Sedins are one-demensional offence-only players who disappear every post-season. The Sedins are only valuable when they're scoring goals, when the goals stop coming the Sedins are a wasted roster spot, they are slow, relatively poor skaters, not defensively responsible, they aren't physical, nor are they very good one on one.

The Sedins are floaters, albeit very successful ones. They make a great first line and they're chemistry fits with our team's dynamic, but as individual players they are incredibly weak compared to players like Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos, etc.

There are benefits to the Sedins style of play (as seen to in their regular season success), but also major detractions to it (as seen in the fact that they go from Art Ross and Hart trophy winner/nominee status in the regular season to completely useless in the post-season).

Don't get me wrong, the Sedins are incredible at what they do but there is a lot missing from their game to give them the same value as other more well-rounded all-around offensive stars.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever win a Stanley Cup with the Sedins unless they take their game to the next level or Kesler transforms into beast mode in the middle of a game and eats the opposing team.

Over the past 4-5 years they've averaged +26. You make them sound like liabilities out there on the ice - I'd say they're assets.

Just because guys aren't flying 190 mph down the ice doesn't mean they're floaters...it can also indicate watching to see what's developing and having the patience to make things happen instead of forcing them. It's all about timing and these guys have it.

Sometimes it's not a hit your over the head thing for the fan needing bust out action, but the Sedins play a very smart game.

The Sedin's have had far more playoff success than Weber, and RNH is still an unproven rookie. He is not large, and there isn't much evidence to support that he will be a playoff dynamo.

And don't use the excuse that the Sedin's have had a better team than Weber. Last year Nashville had one of the best team's in the west, but they couldn't get near the SCF. Also, the Sedin's have led us back when our team was like Nashville into the playoffs. So who has had more playoff success?

You mean, we should pay many many many millions of dollars on two guys, way more than they are truly worth on the open market, before they even consider us worthy of their presence, and in the unlikely event they did decide to sign here, they may just decide to show up each night, if we treat them right and they don't decide to go all prima donna on us?

Heck, we already have two genuine guys, totally committed to this team, who DO show up each night. Henrik, our 2010 Art Ross and Hart trophy winner. Daniel our 2011 Art Ross trophy winner. And you want to trade these heart and soul guys for "show me the money"?

No way. I'll stick with Daniel and Henrik any day of the week.

I know it's the morning and I'm still going through my first cup of coffee, but I've read this over and over and still can't get what you're trying to say here.

There is no reason to freak out over the addition of an extra letter in someone's name.

I have a better question, who would you rather have the twins or the incredible hulk and batman. Just to make this a fair comparison lets pretend that they grew up playing hockey and are in the NHL just like the twins. We should also give the twins some supper power to make this fair, like the ability to pass to each other without looking.

I have a better question, who would you rather have the twins or the incredible hulk and batman. Just to make this a fair comparison lets pretend that they grew up playing hockey and are in the NHL just like the twins. We should also give the twins some supper power to make this fair, like the ability to pass to each other without looking.

So many things wrong with this post...

1. The Sedins do back check, I've seen the Sedins make some good back checks.

2. Take their game to the next level? They both cracked 100 points and won indivual awards, what's the next level 200?

3. Sedins are invisible in the playoffs? Henrik was the leading scorer before the SC final when all our offense disappeared.

4. So Sedins are invisible during the playoffs and you would rather trade them for a young forward who is smaller than the Sedins and has 0 experience and weber who's only playoff success was smashing zetterberg's face into the glass

Archived