The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Obama vs Romney 2012 - CDC Election

Columbo

Obama vs Romney  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bill Clinton, the guy that:

- raped Juanita Brodderick and then advised her to "put some ice" on her injured lips

- molested Kathleen Wylie in a WhIte House ante-room, keeping Prime Minister Izhak Rabin waiting outside

- seduced the teenage Monica Lewinsky and demeaned her sexually with a cigar

- cheated on wife Hillary Rodham Clinton with Gennifer Flowers for 22 years

- attempted unsuccessfully to molest Paula Jones and later settled her lawsuit, paying a large fine, admitting guilt

- who was disbarred for 9 years from Arkansas and Federal Court

- who was held in contempt by District Court Judge Susan Weber for giving intentionally false testimony

- who committed perjury

- who was the 2nd American President impeached by the House of Representatives

- who said "It depends on what you mean by the word "is"".

- who said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky". Which was a lie.

Oh yes, he's such an "awesome" politician. :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton, the guy that:

- raped Juanita Brodderick and then advised her to "put some ice" on her injured lips

- molested Kathleen Wylie in a WhIte House ante-room, keeping Prime Minister Izhak Rabin waiting outside

- seduced the teenage Monica Lewinsky and demeaned her sexually with a cigar

- cheated on wife Hillary Rodham Clinton with Gennifer Flowers for 22 years

- attempted unsuccessfully to molest Paula Jones and later settled her lawsuit, paying a large fine, admitting guilt

- who was disbarred for 9 years from Arkansas and Federal Court

- who was held in contempt by District Court Judge Susan Weber for giving intentionally false testimony

- who committed perjury

- who was the 2nd American President impeached by the House of Representatives

- who said "It depends on what you mean by the word "is"".

- who said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Monica Lewinsky". Which was a lie.

Oh yes, he's such an "awesome" politician. :rolleyes:

Why Obama should win?

Romney is just another car sales man trying to sell snake oil. His stupid 5 point plan that he keeps mentioning won't work. He just says whatever the Americans want to hear. I really don't like the guy at all.

hahaha because i like jobs.. and i like people, and i like detroit and i like trees and i like elderly people and i like immigrants and i like everything undecided voters tell me they care about... I like lots of things so i plan to put everthing in the hands of the richest people in the country (whos moral judgment is never clouded by greed) and the problem will fix itself.

Obama makes more sense than Romney. Have you watched the recent election debate? Romney just talks, he doesn't explain his magical plans that will make the economy better. Some of the things he talked about like the tax breaks for everyone didn't make sense to me. I mean, as Obama even told him in the debate, the math just doesn't add up. I couldn't stop laughing at Romney when he was making some of his points and when he got called out on one of his lies. Everyone I know doesn't like him at all.

Obama makes more sense than Romney because Obama is better at speeches than Romney. The "likeability" factor easily explains that, and also describes erroneous thought process that places personality so far above competence, which is why these Presidents in turn appoint cabinet leaders who are friends (coincidentally, so many of them are also from ivy league schools and come from companies like Goldman Sachs) and not simply good at their job. They hire pro campaign managers and marketers, on the other hand, they've done a great job at making people rabidly defend politicians rather than hold their balls to a fire until they do their job effectively.

You also should expand your circle of friends/acquaintances, I have far too many friends who like both of these guys, and no one can give an adequate explanation as to why either are competent enough to be more than a liability upon civil rights, economic stability, and limited government.

The US economy has been tanking, and will tank all the way back to normalcy once the US government and Fed quit artificially keeping the economy afloat. They're destroying long term economy and monetary (aka political) influence for a few terms of impressing people nauseatingly satisfied with awful policies.

^

Care to actually explain what Bush Jr actually did to ruin the economy? Many people sprout that out as if it's fact, when in actuality it's a complex subject. To keep things nice and simple, the US has been in a false boom for almost the last 50 years. Even prior to W, there has been headlines about jobs lost overseas, the growing debt/deficit and trade imbalance. Everything just came to the forefront during Bush's term.

^

Care to actually explain what Bush Jr actually did to ruin the economy? Many people sprout that out as if it's fact, when in actuality it's a complex subject. To keep things nice and simple, the US has been in a false boom for almost the last 50 years. Even prior to W, there has been headlines about jobs lost overseas, the growing debt/deficit and trade imbalance. Everything just came to the forefront during Bush's term.

I'm probably Pouria's biggest critic if only because he consistently has his own thumb up his ass but this time he is more or less right, just without the polish to properly convey a message.

Bush destroyed the economy by enabling a culture of deragulation. Following the glass-steagal repeal by Clinton in 99', Bush went on to create tax cuts for the wealthy, allow for the merger of commercial and investment banks, promote investment on notably risky propositions, allow for capital flight and investment in foregin bonds, Bernie Madoff went unchecked during this period, and most important he allowed for the housing bubble in which trillions were lost on the basis that housing value would return a material profit. The sole reason the economy has yet to recover or the debt has yet to be paid down stems from the Bush tax cuts, which enables loopholes that Romney exploits to only pay 14% of the 14 million he made last year.

The rich should be paying more, but instead of acknowledging this very basic principle to better the lives of the people that work for them; the rich (namely the Koch brothers) fund Tea Party initiatives, buy up Fox news, and ultimately force an American public to vote against their own interests.

To put it simply yes, Bush jr. is solely responsible for the decline in the American economy. It was not the culture of spending of the last 50 years as you claim, rather it was the deregulation of almost every fail-safe to enable the biggest catastrophe the world economy has seen since 1929.

I'm probably Pouria's biggest critic if only because he consistently has his own thumb up his ass but this time he is more or less right, just without the polish to properly convey a message.

Bush destroyed the economy by enabling a culture of deragulation. Following the glass-steagal repeal by Clinton in 99', Bush went on to create tax cuts for the wealthy, allow for the merger of commercial and investment banks, promote investment on notably risky propositions, allow for capital flight and investment in foregin bonds, Bernie Madoff went unchecked during this period, and most important he allowed for the housing bubble in which trillions were lost on the basis that housing value would return a material profit. The sole reason the economy has yet to recover or the debt has yet to be paid down stems from the Bush tax cuts, which enables loopholes that Romney exploits to only pay 14% of the 14 million he made last year.

The rich should be paying more, but instead of acknowledging this very basic principle to better the lives of the people that work for them; the rich (namely the Koch brothers) fund Tea Party initiatives, buy up Fox news, and ultimately force an American public to vote against their own interests.

To put it simply yes, Bush jr. is solely responsible for the decline in the American economy. It was not the culture of spending of the last 50 years as you claim, rather it was the deregulation of almost every fail-safe to enable the biggest catastrophe the world economy has seen since 1929.

70% of Mitt's Foreign policy group are neo-con elements from George W's regime, including Senor and John Bolton .. they would rather invade Syria and nuke Iran than even talk about it .. if Mitt gets elected, you can expect "boots on the ground" again in the middle east within the first year ..

Archived