The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shooting at Parti Québécois celebration

Kamero89

Yikes. Political violence is one of the worst things that can happen in a developed democracy. Outside of the FLQ, Canada really doesn't have a history of such violence. Let's hope it stays that way.

I strongly disagree with Quebec separatists, but obviously this is totally tragic, horrific and disgraceful. Condolences to the victim's family.

Notice I said "gang war" and not just gang related? The Boucher led HA were veering into full fledged narcoterrorism. I think we came close to having martial law instated again.

Unlike a simple gang shooting, nearly all of the Quebec "incidents" were nationally relevant and had political effects extending far beyond Quebec. The only incident that would have been of the same magnitude outside of Quebec was the failed Toronto 18 bombings.

Hells angels not gang related? Lol. IMO gun violence is gun violence. Usually some nut job or gang related.

http://www.statcan.g...080220b-eng.htm

Vancouver rated #1 in gun violence in Canada according to statistics Canada here. Think it's an older report but Quebec is still nowhere near the top. I'm not going to bother finding more recent stats because I know a couple shootings that stand out at me.

Despite anti gun laws gangsters were still able to shoot some people up with an AK 47 in kelowna right? In front of a busy hotel in broad daylight? Seems like you can't avoid it these days.

Also the shooting in the Onatario mall was not gang related I do believe.

Notice I said "gang war" and not just gang related? The Boucher led HA were veering into full fledged narcoterrorism. I think we came close to having martial law instated again.

Unlike a simple gang shooting, nearly all of the Quebec "incidents" were nationally relevant and had political effects extending far beyond Quebec. The only incident that would have been of the same magnitude outside of Quebec was the failed Toronto 18 bombings.

Archived