The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Odds - Canucks still in the running

Strombone1

It's all well and nice to see the Canucks in the top 4, but really, does it matter if Bettman cannot keep the owners in check and get the season underway on time?

The Rangers should be right up with the top 5, maybe another Canucks /Rangers final if we ever get over this lockout......that would be sweet if we had a chance to even the score.

I understand you're talking about Stanley Cups, but to discount any accomplishments just because they weren't the ultimate prize is a little narrow minded. It's hardly an easy thing to do, but the first step is to have a team that can be seen as serious contenders. We've been contenders in other people's eyes for a few years now, and for good reason.

Clearly the Canucks have never accomplished anything ever...

DSC00711.JPG

I understand you're talking about Stanley Cups, but to discount any accomplishments just because they weren't the ultimate prize is a little narrow minded. It's hardly an easy thing to do, but the first step is to have a team that can be seen as serious contenders. We've been contenders in other people's eyes for a few years now, and for good reason.

It's not narrow-minded. Presumably, each NHL team enters each season with the goal of winning a Stanley Cup. That's why they go out and play every night. That's what they're trying to do - win.

The Canucks have accomplished this 0 times in their existence. Dance around the issue all you want, but that is quite pathetic, which even the most biased of homers on this site would have a hard time disagreeing with. Yes, I'm aware that "there are 29 losers every year". That doesn't really make it sting any less.

The Canucks don't exist to win President's Trophy's, or Smythe Division Championships, or to retire an exorbitant amount of non-Cup-winners' jerseys (believe it or not). To quote Herm Edwards, "[they] play to win the [Cup]!"

It's not narrow-minded. Presumably, each NHL team enters each season with the goal of winning a Stanley Cup. That's why they go out and play every night. That's what they're trying to do - win.

The Canucks have accomplished this 0 times in their existence. Dance around the issue all you want, but that is quite pathetic, which even the most biased of homers on this site would have a hard time disagreeing with. Yes, I'm aware that "there are 29 losers every year". That doesn't really make it sting any less.

The Canucks don't exist to win President's Trophy's, or Smythe Division Championships, or to retire an exorbitant amount of non-Cup-winners' jerseys (believe it or not). To quote Herm Edwards, "[they] play to win the [Cup]!"

Sounds good in theory

Realistically, I think that the players go out to earn a paycheque every game, and that the Owner owns a Team to collect revenue for himself.

They both realise that there has to be some entertainment value to have the customers come back

Players and Owners always say this is a Business

The Stanley Cup is not the reason they exist

That is why they both will risk another season without playing for the Stanley Cup again

The Stanley Cup is the Gravy and reward for a long Season

Archived