The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your most iconic sports-related object, building, vista, etc?

Hugemanskost

• 4 weeks later...

1) The Stanley Cup. Enough said.

2) Fenway Park. I've never been nor am I even a big baseball fan, but that park is both big league and historic at the same time. It just screams classic baseball.

3) Ivor Wynne Stadium. I'm a big CFL fan and had a chance to visit Ivor Wynne Stadium last year. It's way past it's expiry date, with bench seats, it's falling apart and the concourse does look right out of the 1920's. But the stadium has so much charm it's unbelievable. It's in the middle of a rough area in a rough town, seriously "The Hammer/Steeltown" is one tough looking city. The city is a buzz on game days, and the stadium itself has so much history.

When I think "iconic" and think of hockey, football or baseball. This is what comes to mind.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Stanley Cup

2. Wrigley Field

3. Lambeau Field

Rogers Arena/GM Place. Home of the 2010 Gold Medal Winning TEAM CANADA MEN'S HOCKEY TEAM!!!!!

Hopefully one day home of the Stanley Cup Winning Vancouver Canucks.

I can't believe Toronto went from Maple Leaf Gardens to Air Canada Centre. Air Canada Centre looks like crap on the outside. The sight lines on one end of the building cut off one corner of the ice. It's awful. Rogers Arena is miles better than that.

Rogers Arena LOOKS like a traditional hockey arena. There's no bad seats in the place.

• 2 weeks later...

That must've been a thrill, WHL! 2 icons in one night. I only saw Gretzky live once...1991 playoffs at the Coliseum... Kings hammered our Boys 6-1. Canucks had a chance to go up 3-1, but, crapped the bed at home, big time! Gretz had a goal and an assist. His goal was an NHL record 93rd... another record against Vancouver.

This might sound a little strange, but, might Gretzky's half-tucked-in jersey be thought of as a top hockey-related icon?

Archived