The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Just decided to tune into wrestling again and this intrigue me. Can anyone give me a summary of what is the aces and eights?

Aces and Eights are a faction in TNA consisting of Bully Ray, D'von, DOC (Festus or Luke Gallows), D'Lo Brown, Taz, Mr Anderson, Wes Brisco, Garett Bischoff, and Mike Knox that are a pretty lame ripoff of the motorcycle gang from Sons Of Anarchy. It is rumored there are two more members that have yet to be revealed. They do group muggings of TNA faces (Kurt Angle, Hernandez, Chavo, Samoa Joe, Magnus) and get a lot of heat which is what the plan was all along for this angle. They've been successful at least in that.

TNA writing is just as bad as WWE writing.

It seems like wrestlers do a full face/heel turn each shows, that its hard to keep track on who's a face or who's a heel.

I don't know about that. WWE writing is pretty damn awful. All the crap they always have with their movies all the time is atrocious.

I doubt AJ's in the Aces and Eights, in fact, I'd bet he's the guy that beats Bully for the title at BFG. It's a good time to be a TNA fan, apparently there's some new X-Division rules incoming so I hope we some more guys brought in for one or two nights.

I doubt AJ's in the Aces and Eights, in fact, I'd bet he's the guy that beats Bully for the title at BFG. It's a good time to be a TNA fan, apparently there's some new X-Division rules incoming so I hope we some more guys brought in for one or two nights.

I saw the Feb 28th episode of Impact and I liked the King/RVD match.

Nice to see them getting Angle back into the fold aswell. I thought the way they ended the show with Angle removing the mask and reacting to who it was without us seeing was a great ending.

I also hope Styles isn't apart of it, although with the way they had him look (Walking in with that beard wearing biker gear then leaving and riding off on a bike) I wouldn't be surprised.

Although maybe he is the long lost saviour TNA will use to get control back from A's and 8's.

I'm gunna try to get Spike again so I can follow the storyline.

Edit: See they have the last 2 episodes of TNA up on the Spike website, gunna watch both now.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

I just wish TNA didn't break up Robbie E and Robbie T, it was a mutually beneficial, Robbie E is still hilarious but T flounders otherwise. I've also been enthused by the reactions on Jesse every time he's been on TV.

I wish they would let Robbie T just go on his own honestly.

And I also think they should use guys like Anderson better.

Thankfully it looks like Matt Morgan and um.. that other british guy (I think Magnus, the one that was apart of team TNA) are on the upswing in terms of there roles. Both should be given pushes I think.

I love what they did with AJ Styles too, the way he clotheslined Storm (more importantly a top face) Will make his situation moving forward very interesting since he has traditionally been one of the top and most loved faces in TNA.

Thankfully it looks like Matt Morgan and um.. that other british guy (I think Magnus, the one that was apart of team TNA) are on the upswing in terms of there roles. Both should be given pushes I think.

I love what they did with AJ Styles too, the way he clotheslined Storm (more importantly a top face) Will make his situation moving forward very interesting since he has traditionally been one of the top and most loved faces in TNA.

I like Magnus, his finisher is sweet and his tag team work in TNA so far has been fantastic. I wish TNA kept Nigel McGuinness around, they were doing some great promo work on Xplosion, I was really looking forward to their match with the MCMGs alas that didn't happen. Anderson really needs to get into better shape tbh, I like Morgan but I don't know where he fits in now that Bully is champion. I'm really hoping they keep AJ really quiet for a long time going forward and let him win the BFG series and beat Bully for the championship.

I like Magnus, his finisher is sweet and his tag team work in TNA so far has been fantastic. I wish TNA kept Nigel McGuinness around, they were doing some great promo work on Xplosion, I was really looking forward to their match with the MCMGs alas that didn't happen. Anderson really needs to get into better shape tbh, I like Morgan but I don't know where he fits in now that Bully is champion. I'm really hoping they keep AJ really quiet for a long time going forward and let him win the BFG series and beat Bully for the championship.

I like Magnus aswell, I also like the approach they have taken with AJ, I could really see him coming out of nowhere and being the savior so to speak.

I think they need to keep quitely building up Matt Morgan, cause after the A's and 8's thing, if he is built up properly he could be built up as one of the top stars in the company.

Looks like as a heel, but maybe they turn him face, put the belt on him then turn him heel afterward. Although who knows, I just hope they push him to the top of the company, I think he could be a big star for them in the future and a big part of the company as either Heel of Face.

Anderson just looks awkward with Aces & 8's. Doesn't seem to fit in.

Wasn't McGuinness forced to retire cause of health?

Wasn't McGuinness forced to retire cause of health?

More or less yeah, he didn't recover for a long time and a month after he was finished with TNA his body was free of Hepatitis B. It had a lot to do with the way his TNA contract was structured, obviously he opted for more money but the only way he got that was under a pay-per-appearance deal, and eventually TNA failed to make him an on-screen character once he was off the active roster so the two parties split. The only reason he retired now is because he can't make the money he wants and WWE isn't interested because he's a bit older than the general consensus of what they're looking for. Sad the way his career ended up, he's much better than any signing WWE made after Punk.

Dana White Says Vince McMahon wanted to fight him at UFC or WM

UFC President Dana White, who has drawn many comparisons to Vince McMahon, revealed in an interview Friday night on Canadian French sports network RDS that the WWE promoter had once proposed that they fight. While being interviewed by former NHL player Denis Gauthier, Jr., whose wife is the sister of former WWE wrestlers Jacques and Raymond Rougeau, Gauthier jokingly asked White who would reign supreme if he were to be locked up inside a steel cage with McMahon. The UFC figurehead revealed that the fantasy duel could have become a reality. "Let me tell you something, and I've never said this before ever in any interview anywhere. If Vince hear's this, he's going to go nuts. Vince is too old, which he won't think he is, and he'll go crazy. And he wanted to [fight] one time," remarked White. "Vince wanted to fight me. Swear to God. Called me up and said, "Let's do it." We can either do it in the UFC, or let's do it at WrestleMania. And I said, "You are crazy." White noted of the 67-year-old: "I always have said it, and I'll say it again; I respect Vince very much. But Vince is too old to be fighting anybody." According to Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer, McMahon had proposed that White fight him at the 2011 pay-per-view event WrestleMania XXVII. It was the WWE chief's idea of a double main-event matchthe other being John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Championship.