448 replies to this topic

#151 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Wow. The torment this girl is getting even after her suicide is BEYOND DISGUSTING.

Some of the things these pricks are saying makes me want to vomit.

"She flashed, felt repercussions, her own fault."

SHE WAS ???? 12. Why the hell was she allowed on a webcam by herself? She was a kid who made a stupid decision. She was probably going through her life everyday thinking it was her fault too. ***holes

"She took the easy way out. No remorse from me. That's what's wrong with society today. Life's hard, deal with it."

You guys on the internet are such tough badasses for saying this. No doubt you're all god damned John Waynes and Clint Eastwoods who grew up in the wild west not giving a crap about anything. Nobody ever helped you when you made a mistake. Everyone's too soft now-a-days, amiright?

The most disgusting comments are the ones that talk about natural selection. One person said it, fine. He's an ***hole. But there are way to many people saying this. Do they think they're funny? I guarantee these people are just greasy pimply internet nerds and probably know nothing about Darwin. Just a couple more of those badasses who think they can make jokes like that because one of their facebooks likes has the word science in it (even though it's just a bunch of pictures of nebulas and stuff blowing up).

Vomit. frack you society.

I hear ya....it's pathetic. :sadno:
Posted Image

#152 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

That'll bring a backlash of people quoting "freedom of speech! freedom of speech!"

Would be nice to see though, for sure.

This happened in England when that soccer player Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the field. Some idiot on twitter kept laughing, making offensive remarks about it and Muamba's race and eventually was jailed for 56 days. That's the problem with free speech. Any dick can say whatever he pleases with the sole intent of pissing the masses off.
Posted Image

#153 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,708 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

This happened in England when that soccer player Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the field. Some idiot on twitter kept laughing, making offensive remarks about it and Muamba's race and eventually was jailed for 56 days. That's the problem with free speech. Any dick can say whatever he pleases with the sole intent of pissing the masses off.

If you look at the philosophies of some individuals right here on this board they will maintain up and down that it is their right to offend people.

My point is not to debate their mentality (because it is often a waste of time and energy trying to reason with someone who insists on being offensive to begin with)...but my point is why would one want to go through life willfully and callously offending people? Is that not the very definition of a jacka$$?

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

rsz_theylive.jpg 11477626583_2368927097.jpg  7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#154 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Can't believe some idiots are having a party over a girl killing herself.

That's disgusting.

Something they will regret for the rest of their lives. Sick people.

Subbancopy.jpg

#155 Beer-League-Goalie

Beer-League-Goalie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Wow man, I'm so sorry. As I've been saying in the bus driver thread, kids seem a lot more out of control these days than when I was a kid. Yup, I was bullied but it was never anything even remotely close to this. And then they called assault on you? Just unbelievable. I really hope you guys get through this ok.

Wow man, I'm so sorry. As I've been saying in the bus driver thread, kids seem a lot more out of control these days than when I was a kid. Yup, I was bullied but it was never anything even remotely close to this. And then they called assault on you? Just unbelievable. I really hope you guys get through this ok.

Thanks,
you are right... kids are way more out of control, and the biggest problem with that is people die.
My son has seen some of the disgusting things some of those little turds are creating now that Amanda is gone.
You've heard of planking?

Now these little crape's are making pictures of people hanging themselves and calling it Todding..

I have told him to stay off the computer for awhile.

I am truly sick to my stomach right now.

#156 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

Thanks,
you are right... kids are way more out of control, and the biggest problem with that is people die.
My son has seen some of the disgusting things some of those little turds are creating now that Amanda is gone.

Now these little crape's are making pictures of people hanging themselves and calling it Todding..

I hope karma gets all these bastards
It amazes me that people can actually do this and feel nothing
I sincerely hope that things turn around for your son
Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#157 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,923 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Firstly, she makes it very clear that she was on either Chatroulette or Omegle.

that's the first mistake she could ever make. while i'm sorry that something like this happened, but she should know full well, regardless of her age, that these sites are filled with low life pieces of trash who only care for seeing nudes, regardless of age. maybe proper education on how the internet works nowadays is something to teach our youth. that's really where it all starts. "cyber bullies" are invincible over the internet, let's face it.

I'll admit i was often bullied in elementary/high school because i was the quiet kid, and people often pick on those who can't defend themselves but i had a strong enough head on my shoulders, because my parents raised me to be a strong person. all i hear nowadays is another teen commits suicide because they were bullied, and it's sad to hear. it really is. it's not fair.

one thing my dad raised me to believe was, "a bully is no better than stepping on a piece of dog ****. when someone makes fun of of you, just wash it off like you would if you stepped in dog ****." that actually helped me a lot. i've often had people who bullied me want to fight me because they were mad that they couldn't "make me cry." that's just the way it is, that's how they work

it doesn't matter how you paint it, in my opinion, committing suicide is taking the coward's way out, without having any regard to the feelings to the people who love and care for you. there is help available, but it's really up to the person if they want to open up and commit to getting the help that they need. most youth today don't like getting help. i really don't understand why. they'd rather kill themselves to "end the pain" when help is just a phone call away

15fitjt.jpg

#158 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Thanks,

I have a 7 year old daughter and stories like yours and Amandas scare the s*** out of me. Especially considering my little girl is rather sensitive. I try to help thicken her skin but it's tough when shes such a sweetheart by nature. I fear this world is going to devour her. All I can do is be like you....and be by her side through it all. At whatever the cost. You are an inspiration to those of us who arn't quite there yet. Really wish I could have heard your radio hits(I listen to 1040 and 1410 a lot more than CKNW).
Posted Image

#159 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

I hope karma gets all these bastards
It amazes me that people can actually do this and feel nothing
I sincerely hope that things turn around for your son

I hope karma gets all these bastards :picard:

#160 Beer-League-Goalie

Beer-League-Goalie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

I have a 7 year old daughter and stories like yours and Amandas scare the s*** out of me. Especially considering my little girl is rather sensitive. I try to help thicken her skin but it's tough when shes such a sweetheart by nature. I fear this world is going to devour her. All I can do is be like you....and be by her side through it all. At whatever the cost. You are an inspiration to those of us who arn't quite there yet. Really wish I could have heard your radio hits(I listen to 1040 and 1410 a lot more than CKNW).

To me having kids has made me feel more human and makes me see things I never would have given much thought too...
But when something like this happens it makes all of us, that have some decency left angry.

#161 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

To me having kids has made me feel more human and makes me see things I never would have given much thought too...
But when something like this happens it makes all of us, that have some decency left angry.

Angry, sickened, disgusted. It's a whole lot of emotions rolled into one.
Posted Image

#162 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Thanks,

I thought that this story could not get more disturbing, but I've been proven wrong. This is the most sickening thing I have heard of in a long time. It makes me sad to read these things.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#163 Beer-League-Goalie

Beer-League-Goalie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

I've been off CDC for awhile but I sent you a message about what you asked not sure if i did it correctly though.
I have noticed that i keep getting double quotes so I might be doing something wrong.

#164 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I've been off CDC for awhile but I sent you a message about what you asked not sure if i did it correctly though.
I have noticed that i keep getting double quotes so I might be doing something wrong.

No, my bad....check your inbox.
Posted Image

#165 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:44 AM

If you look at the philosophies of some individuals right here on this board they will maintain up and down that it is their right to offend people.

My point is not to debate their mentality (because it is often a waste of time and energy trying to reason with someone who insists on being offensive to begin with)...but my point is why would one want to go through life willfully and callously offending people? Is that not the very definition of a jacka$$?

Its the very definition of sadistic minds. People who enjoy seeing others suffer. It could probably stem from jealousy, envy or anger.

Posted Image

#166 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

So she should be able to have sex with any girls boyfriends she wants with no repercussions? Got it. Way to absolve her from any responsibility for her actions. The media has done a wonderful job of painting her into being the perfect little victim who did absolutely nothing wrong.

I'm sure if she was still alive people would have a different opinion about the incident of her sleeping with another girls boyfriend.

You're right. A public beating is fitting, which eventually lead to total self destruction.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#167 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

This tragedy and many of the reactions just go to show how pathetic most people are in our society today. Any blame towards the victim is just moronic and I would love to see some people say such rediculous things in person.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#168 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I was only commenting on the fight which happened. How is she the victim in that case? She slept with another girls boyfriend. The girl found out and kicked her ass. People watched. She brought that particular incident on herself.

It's not her fault. The girl that kicked her ass is a moron. Along with the people who watched. How about try kicking the boyfriends ass? Since its really his fault anyway. And you don't know what the boyfriend may have told her he was breaking up with the other girl or many such things.

Edited by Special Ed, 14 October 2012 - 10:35 AM.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

#169 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Not condoning what happened, but the reason the fight happened is because she slept with another girls boyfriend. Same thing would happen with adults at a pub if the same situation happened.

really? She should know better not to sleep with a guy who has a girlfriend.

Seriously? Talk about trying to drag a dead girl through the dirt a little more. No class and no respect. Zero understanding of a situation which I'm assuming you have no intimate knowledge of the parties involved. If anything try blaming the boyfriend who was probably manipulating both girls.

#170 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,866 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I can't disagree with that observation because I see that as well. However, a lack of action will always result in a lack of change. If people want school districts to take bullying seriously and the districts aren't willing to do it on their own, I don't see any other alternative to getting them to change short of government legislation.

unless something happens on school grounds, during school hours, what do you expect the district to do about it? When did the education system become the fix-all for everything? She said herself she took the blame for the fight at school.........what else could be done?

#171 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

POPULAR

Reading the posts on social media about her and some of the posts even here on CDC just make me so disappointed. This is what society has become? That even after her death, people are laughing about it, saying she deserved it, and even named taking fake suicide pictures "Todding"?

It's shameful, and I'm ashamed I live in the same society as these people.

Nobody deserves such a fate. Nobody.

Yes, evidently Amanda didn't make the best of decisions, but those of you condemning her, have you not made poor decisions in your life? Surely you have, but clearly your poor choices didn't blow up in your face to the extent that Amanda's did.

It's again as I stated earlier, a case of people not fully understanding the issue. From reading a lot of the comments, it's quite clear that people just don't understand bullying and depression, and have never experienced it themselves. If it were simply as easy as talking to someone about it, would you not think that everyone would just do that? If it were as easy as just "being strong", stories likes Amanda's would never happen. Only a person who has never suffered from depression could say things like this. Again, like I said, I can't entirely blame people's ignorance on the issue, because it's not easy to understand. To an outsider looking in, depression doesn't make sense, and it won't, until you've been there.

And again, as I said, earlier, it's hard to blame the lack of understanding on those who haven't experienced it. What is rather pathetic though, is people's lack of compassion, or trying to understand. The sheer cruelty of the people involved and all the idiots posting about her on social media really sadden me. It's just the world we live in, I guess.

RIP LB RR PD

#172 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Yes, evidently Amanda didn't make the best of decisions, but those of you condemning her, have you not made poor decisions in your life?

The only difference between Amanda and everyone else is that her mistakes went public. Everyone ripping into Amanda is a hypocrite plain and simple.

#173 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,989 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:11 AM

The only difference between Amanda and everyone else is that her mistakes went public. Everyone ripping into Amanda is a hypocrite plain and simple.

Yep, exactly what I was saying. :sadno:

RIP LB RR PD

#174 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Am just saying that what you said doesn't really do anything. In fact, the guy probably got what he wanted, attention. There are sadistic people out there who do things to get a reaction.

I wasn't expecting it to do anything though? I was juist saying what I felt, unlike trolls(like him, and many other's), who do say things for a reaction. I said it, and left, that was it. I was witholding my feelings the whole time he was going on about what he thought about the girl. Anyway, if I were Prime Minster, I'd make damn sure tthere was legislation to where when anyone who talks and acts like many are,would be severely repremanded! Todays' society/generation needs a severe kick in the ass. At the begining of every school year, there needs to be an assembly for the whole school, and everyone will be told of the consequenses of bullying. Oh, but instead bring a Magician or Hypnotist in for an assembly, I guess?
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#175 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,392 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Image removed - inappropriate language (and timing)

Completely lame meme and untrue as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 14 October 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#176 BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

unless something happens on school grounds, during school hours, what do you expect the district to do about it? When did the education system become the fix-all for everything? She said herself she took the blame for the fight at school.........what else could be done?

It's not quite the same scenario but similar enough. When I was in school, I remember two students who got caught prank calling a classmate who happened to be a minority. They made what they thought were anonymous racist phone calls calling her the n-word and the like. Anyway, her parents called the school and the two perpetrators were suspended for three days, forced to apologize and advised that future harassment may eventually result in expulsion from the school.

If it came to that, the result would have been the aggressors being forced to move and not the victim. In this scenario, not only does it make the problem kids accountable, it forces their parents to become involved as it would then become their responsibility to make alternative school and transportation arrangements. Really, when you boil it down, prevention of bullying starts at home.

Image removed - inappropriate language (and timing)

I understand the basic sentiment with this and similar comments; however, the point is moot. Yes, this is a problem that goes on every day and there have been countless numbers of children who have committed suicide prior to Amanda. But if Amanda turns out to be 'the straw that broke the camel's back' brining about change, why is that such a horrible thing? If the system changes and people's attitudes towards bullying change as a result of Amanda's suicide, it would help people being bullied now and in the future.

#177 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Completely lame meme and untrue as far as I'm concerned.

And there's far worse than that out there..
Posted Image

#178 BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:31 PM

And there's far worse than that out there..

I find it appalling that people continue to create hateful memes making fun of Amanda's death. What a sad reflection of society and an embarrassing display by our 'future.'

Can you imagine if similar incidents of cyber bulling occurred in the workplace? There would be zero tolerance for it and it would result in immediate termination. Yet when it occurs at school, it's somehow tolerated and allowed to persist. That's just baffling to me.

#179 MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

MaxLapierreAwesomeFace

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

RIP Amanda, no one will ever bully you again

#180 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

I was only commenting on the fight which happened. How is she the victim in that case? She slept with another girls boyfriend. The girl found out and kicked her ass. People watched. She brought that particular incident on herself.

Hahah what the.....Yeah, the boyfriend had nothing to do with it. I am guessing she didn't try to beat him with lots of people watching, did she? I also bet he didn't manipulate her(Amanda)into thinking he was going to dump his g/f soon, huh? Yeah, that never happens....
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.