The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Capilano University

LeanBeef

Hi,

So I have a couple of quick questions to students/faculty from Capilano University.

-What is the admission average?

-How hard is it to get into the music programs?

-Whats the average cost for housing in the area?

-How are the business programs?

-How's campus life?

Thanks in advance

I went there for the first two years of post-secondary. I can't answer all of your questions. I found that the campus life was very poor...there's not many clubs or anything like that. My friend who currently goes there reports that there are many hipster sightings, their habitat being the new film building. But I did have some excellent professors there, including one history professor who I had for five classes. I think professors at Cap are much more helpful than at the more "prestigious" universities.

I went there for the first two years of post-secondary. I can't answer all of your questions. I found that the campus life was very poor...there's not many clubs or anything like that. My friend who currently goes there reports that there are many hipster sightings, their habitat being the new film building. But I did have some excellent professors there, including one history professor who I had for five classes. I think professors at Cap are much more helpful than at the more "prestigious" universities.

I only went there for one semester back when it was still Cap College but I really enjoyed the campus. Good location and a positive environment to learn in. Much better than Douglas which was very bleak and depressing.

The profs were not the most educated (compared to university profs at least) but they were all super nice and helpful. Helped me get my grades up really high in just one semester so that I could transfer to University.

Archived