The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Do you know what the funny part is? I've been waiting for so long to have NHL hockey back and was finally coming to a realization it might not this season, so I bought tickets the Wolves game in Abbotsford next week and now at least 3 and possibly up to 5 or 6 of the Canucks players/prospects will likely not be playing if this gets settled. And, to be honest, I'm a little disappointed in that.

Well, worst case scenario is I get to watch more of Archibald, Rodin, Andersson, Friesen, Mallett (if he gets called back up), etc. if we do lose Tanev, Ebbett, Kassian and maybe Schroeder and Connauton (plus maybe another depth D or goalie?) to the training camp and start of the season.

I wouldn't do that deal.

Ballard > Jovo

Lu > Bjugstad

Schroeder < Upshall

I understand it would take a nice deal to pry Bjugstad but it isn't worth it if this is the deal, Ballard is a much better option than Jovo, Upshall isn't really a need, we have a # of players like him and I don't wanna give up Schroeder not sure why everyone is jumping ship on him, just gotta be patient and he will be a good player.

Not sold on Bjugstad enough to take on all those other negatives in the deal.

My Rangers buddies have been stalking 2 of the players hotels where they have been meeting. They have seen Campoli on his phone twice outside for short calls (less than 4 minutes). Apparently there was food brought up within the last hour... I hope they get this done. Some of the ex-NHLers have said a deal is already in place and that lawyers are reviewing and making 'corrections'.

"TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger adds that each side is trying to hammer through as much as possible over Saturday night before tackling 'main contentious items' on Sunday."

On the main page of TSN.

That's the thing that seems a bit worrying because I think Bob Mckenzie put it best: Until whole deal is done, none of it is done.

Archived