The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 2)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Estactic to add another Ehrhoff to our lineup in Visnovsky. This will generate a lot of chances for this team.

Jamie Benn - Nathan MacKinnon - Jason Pominville[C]

Tyler Ennis - Mikhail Grigorenko - Thomas Vanek[A]

Taylor Pyatt - Michal Handzus - Drew Stafford

Nathan Gerbe - Luke Adam - Damien Brunner

Christian Ehrhoff - Tyler Myers

Marc Methot - Lubomir Visnovsky[A]

Jordan Leopold - Andrej Sekera

Ryan Miller

I feel like when the trade is done you're not going to like it Caboose.

If the owners are as involved as some analysts are saying, they may end up overpaying. Because they care more about the sales they will generate from the brand that is Loungo, and the fact that they will most likely be a playoff team with him, than what it will take to overpay for him.

I could always be wrong though.

I feel like when the trade is done you're not going to like it Caboose.

If the owners are as involved as some analysts are saying, they may end up overpaying. Because they care more about the sales they will generate from the brand that is Loungo, and the fact that they will most likely be a playoff team with him, than what it will take to overpay for him.

I could always be wrong though.

I question the point of building a team JUST so they can make the playoffs. It's understandable for small markets like Florida etc. because they need to generate interest, but when you're in a market like Toronto either way you're going to sell out games.

In my opinion if we're not going to contend I'd like to stay the course and see how Colbourne, Biggs, Frattin, Gardiner, Reimer, Kadri, Ashton, Rielly, Blacker pan out rather than sacrificing the future for a playoff appearance.

I question the point of building a team JUST so they can make the playoffs. It's understandable for small markets like Florida etc. because they need to generate interest, but when you're in a market like Toronto either way you're going to sell out games.

In my opinion if we're not going to contend I'd like to stay the course and see how Colborne, Biggs, Frattin, Gardiner, Reimer, Kadri, Ashton, Rielly, Blacker pan out rather than sacrificing the future for a playoff appearance.

I agree with you 100%.

But the owners are the wild card. I feel as though at least some of the reason for Burke being fired had to do with Burke wanting to stay the course (regarding Loungo) and the owners disagreeing. I don't think that Burke wanted to make the same mistake twice.

Exactly, so if they can increase the number of home games, they would increase revenue. Between ticket sales(at an inflated price) and extra merchandise sold (think of the Vancouver cup run, stores were selling out of jerseys) its an easy business decision to alter the team for a playoff run.

When the leafs got sold, they stopped being a club, and became an investment

Signings

bobkov.jpg

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed Igor Bobkov to a 3 year, $1,000,000 per year contract

gHooP3.jpg

The Florida Panthers have signed Andrew Ference to a 2 year, $2,000,000 per year contract

giguere2.jpg

The Edmonton Oilers have signed Jean-Sebastien Giguere to a 1 year, $800,000 contract

Detroit+Red+Wings+v+Dallas+Stars+Game+Four+I-wmSVBsBDkl.jpg

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Marty Turco to a 1 year, $850,000 contract

108353-veux-nos-adversaires-puissent-dire.jpg

The Florida Panthers have signed Ryan O'Byrne to a 2 year, $1,500,000 per year contract

Archived