Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackwater

Data Usage Gone out of Control!

So this morning I had over 2000mb of data charged to my account and I didnt even touch my phone! Anyone experience this? I have an iphone 4 and my carrier is Telus. Currently trying to call them to see whats going on and I've turned off the data on my phone.

That does seem like a very unusual amount to be charged just for standby usage. I would definitely talk to them and demand to know what it was spent on.

It said I used 9gb somehow one month (Same phone + Carrier)

I just called them and they sorted it out. If you get someone that can actually speak english on the customer support, they are pretty reasonable.

I have the 6gb plan, so an extra 3gb would of been $150+

It said I used 9gb somehow one month (Same phone + Carrier)

I just called them and they sorted it out. If you get someone that can actually speak english on the customer support, they are pretty reasonable.

I have the 6gb plan, so an extra 3gb would of been $150+

If you're not using your data, turn it off. Your data will be used for fetching emails and other notifications even if you're not using your phone atm. I'm sure it wont amount to 200mb but it can add up.

If you're not using your data, turn it off. Your data will be used for fetching emails and other notifications even if you're not using your phone atm. I'm sure it wont amount to 200mb but it can add up.