#31 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Blackberry forever!!!!

If Blackberry 10 flops, they might as well just close their shop. How much is a 32 GB playbook now? $99? That is a far cry away from their original pricing of $699.

Posted Image

#32 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Am sure it will be the same static menu and the same iOS that everyone is familiar with since the first iPhone. The only thing that might change on the iPhone 10 compared to iPhone 5 would be the placement of the earphone and increase in speed and camera resolution. By that time, Samsung Galaxy S7 might have hologram capabilities, WIDI, NFC 4.0, waterproof and unbreakable screens/phones, interchangeable camera lenses, 1440P 700PPI resolution screen and LTE 2.0

lol

It's funny how you guys think the s3 is destroying the ip5. Maybe it is, but you guys are in a for a huge surprise...

I think you fall into this category.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EeXyf-Rq04

http://www.lfpress.c...-in-us-research

http://www.ibtimes.c...3-rumors-890424
(read last sentence) apple does not count selling phones to suppliers as sold phones. They count to customers hands as sold phones.

http://www.todaysiph...rs-is-enormous/

http://thenextweb.co...lout-continues/

this is in south korea, bro.....

meanwhile in China........

http://appleleak.com...ons hit 200,000

while in India..........
http://gadgets.ndtv....runs-out-289678

lol android fanboy..... so funny...

when you said, they are blowing them out of the water I just wanted to kindly educate you on the iphone 5's popularity, and make sure you don't provide misleading information for the consumers in here.

While were are on this topic.....

my boss recently udpated his S3 to the latest jelly bean. This is the message he got.

(features not available)

IN regards to your Key Lime pie, what fixes will it fix? Lets hope it fixes these problems.

http://www.androidpo...newest-release/

If it makes you happier I know more s3 users and note 2 users then ip5 users, much more. *shrugs*
Or maybe your intentions were to slam the iphone 5. As the guy in the video said. Maybe your insecure??? Have to attack something??

Anyways lets talk about the s4, apparently it's going to have 1080 hd screen, and samsung plans to put in a unbreakable screen. (thank god, so many complaints of broken screens from the s3). even though the s3 was suppose to be water proof. Also heard the s4 might be announced as early as February, with recent news of apples developement of another smart phone, (probably the ip5s)

But the s4 has some serious competition coming up. Sony plans to release their flag ship phone that will compete against apples ip5 and the s3, or the s4. Huawei recently announced a 6.1 phabet. Nokia also announced this... if they are still around by then....

http://www.intomobil...ng-spring-2013/

on top of that, apple and foxconn have been talking about producing budget phones, to compete in the lower budget market.

Going to be an interested 2 years.

hahaha, how did I know you'd post something like this in this thread....

There are fanboys on both sides, clearly. :rolleyes:

RIP LB RR PD

#33 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

lol

hahaha, how did I know you'd post something like this in this thread....

There are fanboys on both sides, clearly. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that guy in the video is clearly an Apple fan boy, with his iMac, MacBook Pro, iPad, iPhone, Apple Sweater and an apple fruit that he eats everyday.

Posted Image

#34 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Am sure it will be the same static menu and the same iOS that everyone is familiar with since the first iPhone. The only thing that might change on the iPhone 10 compared to iPhone 5 would be the placement of the earphone and increase in speed and camera resolution. By that time, Samsung Galaxy S7 might have hologram capabilities, WIDI, NFC 4.0, waterproof and unbreakable screens/phones, interchangeable camera lenses, 1440P 700PPI resolution screen and LTE 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBP18nrRdw

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#35 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,296 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Nice publicity stunt, keep the people wanting..you'd think the 'new' technology wasn't discovered before and couldn't be applied on the S3?..it's how they make money and keep things goin'..

They probably have technology they could release now, but will wait 5 years to do so.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#36 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNBP18nrRdw

That was pretty funny, I have a iphone5 I don't know why it gets so much hate its a solid phone and I get most of you hate apple so maybe your a little bias towards android. Also they probably could a make a funny video of android on how big the device is.
GO Canucks GO

#37 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

That was pretty funny, I have a iphone5 I don't know why it gets so much hate its a solid phone and I get most of you hate apple so maybe your a little bias towards android. Also they probably could a make a funny video of android on how big the device is.

Which device?

Variety*

*not available on Apple products.

"It is the Parliament that’s supposed to run the country, not just the largest party and the single leader of that party. I guess that’s a criticism that I've had and that we've had and that most Canadians have had for a long, long time.”

- Steven Harper, circa 2004

#38 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Android is an OS, it isn't a device. HTC, Sony, Samsung, LG and Motorola make phones that have the Android OS on them. Android is like a Windows OS on most phones. Its only Apple that makes their own OS exclusively for their own hardware. You can buy a phone with Android that only has a 3.2" screen or buy one that has a 5.5" screen. Unlike Apple's iOS where there is only one variant of phone which is the iPhone.

Posted Image

#39 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

You hate apple?
GO Canucks GO

#40 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

You hate apple?

Nobody hates Apple.

Most non-Apple users just find it humorous how many (not all) iPhone users simply choose iPhone because it's an iPhone, and blindly upgrade each time a new iPhone come out, despite the upgrades being minimal.

While the iPhone 4s was the best phone at the time, with the best camera and highest resolution display, the iPhone 5 isn't really all that different. It's an upgrade, but there's nothing new and the upgrades don't justify shelling out another $700 for a new iPhone, especially when there are cheaper and better alternatives out there.

Edited by Jai604, 09 December 2012 - 03:59 PM.

RIP LB RR PD

#41 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

You hate apple?

You hate Android?

Posted Image

#42 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

You hate Android?

No not at all I haven't owned a android phone before. I hear good reviews about the s3 and would not have anything negative to say about that phone. The s2 looked like a pretty solid phone my brother has it and I always thought it looked good. Before I was a iphone5 user I actually had a blackberry curve. I got the iphone5 because I was going to get a new smart phone and it just came out so I thought my aswell get the new one rather then the iphone4s. The reason why I choose iPhone because there phones keep value pretty good and my girlfriend had the iPhone4s and I really liked it so I got the 5.

Edited by WillyFox, 09 December 2012 - 04:26 PM.

GO Canucks GO

#43 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

So pumped! Bump!

#44 j3ff

j3ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

I hope they release more information asap.. could definitely persuade me to wait for this over the BB 10 if they bust out an unbreakable 1080p HD screen..

#45 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I doubt it will have an unbreakable screen considering the manufacturer said that it wont on any Samsung device this year, but it will most likely in 2014. It is going to have a 4.99 inch display and be released in March.

#46 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

No not at all I haven't owned a android phone before. I hear good reviews about the s3 and would not have anything negative to say about that phone. The s2 looked like a pretty solid phone my brother has it and I always thought it looked good. Before I was a iphone5 user I actually had a blackberry curve. I got the iphone5 because I was going to get a new smart phone and it just came out so I thought my aswell get the new one rather then the iphone4s. The reason why I choose iPhone because there phones keep value pretty good and my girlfriend had the iPhone4s and I really liked it so I got the 5.

I feel the same way you do.

btw True Story

Up until 3 weeks ago, I've never owned any smart phones.

As I said in another thread, I was using the Nokia x3-02. I chose that phone 2 years ago because it's an easy phone to use, and easy to carry around.

That being said, I was in a hunt for a new phone. had many oppurtunities to sample the galaxy s3, and any combination of ip4 ip4s, and a few friends who owned the ip5, and of course the apple store. I've also sampled a crap load of other phones, (
Galaxy nexus, Note 2's, Galaxy s1, Note 1 My sister owns a windows phone. etc etc. I also did research on the internet on many of the phones.

After taking everything into consideration, it was actually a very easy choice, and I wanted an ip5, or the ip5s. . I will not give the reasons of not selecting an android phone, as this will greatly offend some users here. But I chose the ip5 because it's simple and easy to use. Sure it will help with a bigger screen, but I have no intentions of streaming videos, just normal nexting, surfing, checking emails.

In the end, I got a 4s for Christmas, and I like it a lot. So heres the thing, am I fan boy?

I hope they release more information asap.. could definitely persuade me to wait for this over the BB 10 if they bust out an unbreakable 1080p HD screen..

Theres actually a crap load of rumors in regards to the s4. Just google it.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#47 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hows everyone enjoying their s4's? Any problems? Questions? Comments?

#48 AbbyNucksFan

AbbyNucksFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

I still have an S3, and I love it.. when my contract is up, I'll probably get whatever the current Samsung phone is out...
Posted Image

Credit to LostViking for the sig! Thanks!

#49 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hows everyone enjoying their s4's? Any problems? Questions? Comments?

S4 is a sweet phone. I got it free (no front fee) from Smart telecom with a 24 months contract. I only pay $23.50 or 990 PHP/month for 200 minutes talk, Unlimited LTE (goes up to 35-40 mbps) and 200 SMS. Good thing wireless plans are so cheap here :bigblush:
I was thinking of buying an S4 or HTC One but decided on S4 due to memory expansion and removable battery.

Posted Image

#50 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

S4 is a sweet phone. I got it free (no front fee) from Smart telecom with a 24 months contract. I only pay $23.50 or 990 PHP/month for 200 minutes talk, Unlimited LTE (goes up to 35-40 mbps) and 200 SMS. Good thing wireless plans are so cheap here :bigblush:
I was thinking of buying an S4 or HTC One but decided on S4 due to memory expansion and removable battery.

It is sweet eh! I love watching netflix and youtube on my my phone, it so clear!

Im on a plan with Wind Mobile, I pay about 30 a month with Unlimited Talk, Text and Data.

Only problem is when you go outside the city it says I am roaming,I have to talk to them to clarify what exactly are the areas that they cover.

#51 kyledude

kyledude

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm on my second S4 - it's definitely not unbreakable.

It's a good phone - intuitive menus and keyboards, most apps work fine. It's certainly more user-friendly than my iPhone was.

I find it eats battery like no other phone. It dies quite quickly with use. That's the only real issue I've noticed. Wish I could have had the better processor - sometimes it lags a bit, but it depends what you're doing.

#52 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

I'm on my second S4 - it's definitely not unbreakable.

It's a good phone - intuitive menus and keyboards, most apps work fine. It's certainly more user-friendly than my iPhone was.

I find it eats battery like no other phone. It dies quite quickly with use. That's the only real issue I've noticed. Wish I could have had the better processor - sometimes it lags a bit, but it depends what you're doing.

Yup, only problem Ive ever had is the battery life. I have had absolutely no other problems. And no matter how bad the battery actually is, I forgive my phone pretty quickly considering how great it is.

#53 mdehaan

mdehaan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

Galaxy S4 is awesome.

So far battery life is better than expected.

Best phone I've had.

"Money is worth what it will help you to produce or buy and no more." Henry Ford 

#54 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

My iphone just crapped out completely a few weeks ago So i went with Galaxys4 my only complaint is the screen is very sensitive.

#55 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

HTC one is better.

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

Mafia Record: 5-6 

#56 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

My iphone just crapped out completely a few weeks ago So i went with Galaxys4 my only complaint is the screen is very sensitive.

It might be because you have the air view option on. Check to see if its on or off.

#57 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

Love my S3.

#58 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone else use their s4 as a remote for the t.v? Thought it was a cool feature and didn't try it out until yesterday.

#59 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:34 PM

It is sweet eh! I love watching netflix and youtube on my my phone, it so clear!

Im on a plan with Wind Mobile, I pay about 30 a month with Unlimited Talk, Text and Data.

Only problem is when you go outside the city it says I am roaming,I have to talk to them to clarify what exactly are the areas that they cover.

I don't understand why people watch netflix and youtube on their phones. What are computers/laptops or HDTVs for? Do you enjoy looking down at your tiny 5" screen?
Posted Image

#60 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

I don't understand why people watch netflix and youtube on their phones. What are computers/laptops or HDTVs for? Do you enjoy looking down at your tiny 5" screen?

My phone has a brighter screen, better resolution too. I still watch movies on t.v if its available, but I like to watch movies when im in bed, its more relaxing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.