The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexander edler back loaded contract

nazzylove19

I don't know why they don't sign edler to a back loaded contract? It make sense. As the cap get higher then we start paying him big $$.

6.5 39 million 7 years I am sure edler will get bonus money. I know it a lot of money but 5 million for 7 years is 35 million. Btw I am sure the canucks would like have him for 7 year, so would edler.

Ballard contract off in 2 years , beiska off in 3 so is Dan hamhuis. It make perfect sense. It way earlier transition. I mean edler is the crap. Just watch. he just enter his prime year. He need to gain experience and he will.

Chris tanev and frank carrdo and Kevin are coming up. In 2 years Chris tanev will be a solid top 5 D.

With the cap coming down significantly, he'll get a similar contract to what Bieksa, Hamhuis, and Garrison got. Not a chance he gets $6M with a $60M cap.

Also, the new CBA will have a maximum 5% variance in all likelihood, so it would probably be something like:

7 years, $32.2M

$5.2M ($4M signing bonus)

$5.0M ($4M signing bonus)

$4.8M ($2M signing bonus)

$4.6M

$4.4M

$4.2M

$4.0M

Also, players and agents HATE back-loaded contracts. You never know if you're going to suffer a career-ending injury or be bought out or whatever other unfortunate circumstance may happen. It's better to get as much money up front as possible.

I don't know why they don't sign edler to a back loaded contract? It make sense. As the cap get higher then we start paying him big $$.

6.5 39 million 7 years I am sure edler will get bonus money. I know it a lot of money but 5 million for 7 years is 35 million. Btw I am sure the canucks would like have him for 7 year, so would edler.

Ballard contract off in 2 years , beiska off in 3 so is Dan hamhuis. It make perfect sense. It way earlier transition. I mean edler is the crap. Just watch. he just enter his prime year. He need to gain experience and he will.

Chris tanev and frank carrdo and Kevin are coming up. In 2 years Chris tanev will be a solid top 5 D.

Archived