The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

road rage thread.

I drive to Richmond and West Vancouver for Hockey and Snowboarding respectively. I swear to God, the people that are going 20 under in the passing lane...

Let's just say there's a special place in Hell for them and I hope they get there quickly.

The 'one in every crowd' would be the idiot in the HOV lane driving too slow. And i'm not talking about buses. Just do us a favour and get out of the way.

Wrong.

The HOV lane is for people with multiple passengers, for buses...last thing I want is a bus load of people exceeding the speed limit.

Any loser that wants to go over the speed limit and complains when someone in the HOV lane is doing the posted maximum deserves to have their license revoked.

Driving is a privilege - don't be the "one in every crowd".

If you have a sparkplug at the ready, then YOU are the menace, imho.

I was driving to work down the #1 highway one day when I came across a flatbed in the left lane beside a wide load trailer, both going about 50.

I stayed about 6 or 7 car lengths behind the flatbed and flicked my high beams to signal I wanted to pass. There were no other vehicles within sight in front of and behind me.

Instead the flatbed slows right down, to a crawl at times, and starts slamming on his brakes and weaving in front of me, to prevent me from passing. This continues for a few minutes until I finally manage to pass him dangerously and continued on my way.

A few minutes later down the road, I glance into my rearview to find the flatbed zooming up like he's going to ram me, if I didn't accelerate in time I'm sure he would have.

I prevent him passing and getting too close until finally I have enough, and toss a sparkplug out my window when he was directly behind me which badly cracks his windshield.

He didn't like that much and I figured he'd try to follow me on my exit and all the way to my work if he could, but fortunately for him he didn't.

If you're driving too slow for traffic, then get off the road.

What people who drive too slow for traffic don't realize is that while they think they're being safer, they're actually causing more reasons for potential accidents.

This is why more and more cops are pulling people over for driving too slow.

Btw. I'm not a maniac driver. I'm just driving with traffic. People that treat the HOV like a slow lane need to just use the slow lane, because THAT'S what the slow lane is for.

Meanwhile, a 2-person requirement for HOV is useless these days. It should be three. Maybe that'll ease the amount of la-di-da Sunday cruisers treating the lane as their personal driveway.

Do us a favour and stop driving before you kill someone,

The person doing the speed limit in the HOV is not the one in every crowd - that would be the moron who thinks he can honk his horn and flash his lights because he thinks he owns the road and can do what ever speed he feels like.

I will always do the speed limit in the HOV lane.

It's High Occupancy Vehicle - not Autobahn....

Obviously you're one of the millions who is part of the road rage problem if you feel the speed limit isn't fast enough in a HOV lane.

If you're driving too slow for traffic, then get off the road.

What people who drive too slow for traffic don't realize is that while they think they're being safer, they're actually causing more reasons for potential accidents.

This is why more and more cops are pulling people over for driving too slow.

Btw. I'm not a maniac driver. I'm just driving with traffic. People that treat the HOV like a slow lane need to just use the slow lane, because THAT'S what the slow lane is for.

Meanwhile, a 2-person requirement for HOV is useless these days. It should be three. Maybe that'll ease the amount of la-di-da Sunday cruisers treating the lane as their personal driveway.

Lol. The reason to stay at traffic speed is so you don't cause accidents with your arrogance.

HOV lane's were made to travel on. Not to do a sightseeing tour on. Esp. when the other lanes are bottled up with traffic already.

Speed up. Or get out of the way. Simple.

So am I and there's no reason whatsoever to speed in the HOV lane - go do that in the fast lane.

Repeat - the HOV lane is not the bloody fast lane! Get it?

That's one of the reasons why people should have to do the drivers test every 5 years...

Lol. The reason to stay at traffic speed is so you don't cause accidents with your arrogance.

HOV lane's were made to travel on. Not to do a sightseeing tour on. Esp. when the other lanes are bottled up with traffic already.

Speed up. Or get out of the way. Simple.

Wrong.

The HOV lane is for people with multiple passengers, for buses...last thing I want is a bus load of people exceeding the speed limit.

Any loser that wants to go over the speed limit and complains when someone in the HOV lane is doing the posted maximum deserves to have their license revoked.

Driving is a privilege - don't be the "one in every crowd".

Speed limits are there for a reason, and it is only when you are in a seroius accident that you realize why. You speed, you are putting your life and others at risk.

One summer drive here in PG I saw (in the span of about 20 minutes):

- numerous people speeding 10 -- 20 km or more above the speed limit, and/or talking/texting on cell phones.

- cyclists without helmets, riding on the wrong side of the road, riding on the sidewalk, or all them at once

- a mother with children in tow jay-walking across a busy street.

ALL OF THESE ACTIVITIES lead to higher ICBC rates for us "good" drivers. Which means us good drivers help pay for these morons.

It's obvious that the current fines/ insurance structure doesn't make these morons pay enough.

This is my solution:

1)Fines / surcharges on ICBC rates should go up big time.

2)Get a major traffic fine ( +20 km over, failure to stop, cell phone crap) you also get 1 year probation. Get another you lose your license for 30 days and more probation. Get another and you lose it for a year, plus more probation. Again and its 5.

3) major at fault accidents (cause greater than the mean ICBC claim value) and a similar path is taken as in # 2

4) regular eye and health exams FOR ALL DRIVERS. It ammazes me that only professional drivers ( Class 1,2,3,4 in BC) have to get regular eye and health exams but 50 year old pops doesn't.

Archived