The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Smokers..

nux4lyfe

Maybe try starting a prohibition thread? Or a petition?? I would be ok with not having a few beers on the weekend if it saved lives.

Not quite sure how this really relates to smoking and it's effects on others. The only problem I have is with people who are not mindful of others or who think they should be able to light up wherever they want. Alot of establishments circulate air and for employees or anyone with asthma who, heaven forbid, wants to enjoy an evening out, it can be a toxic, dangerous environment. That's all I really care about. I enjoy the occasional cigar but I am always mindful of who is around me(even though most people say they like the smell of cigars).

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yes yes, we smokers truly are idiotic sub-human parasites. We have already been ejected from all indoor public areas and now it's gotten to the point where people piss and moan if we are smoking outside. It's quite funny that smoking dope outside is (or almost is) more socially acceptable.

I can't believe some of the ignorance on this board regarding smoking. Is alcohol bad and does it have bad social ramifications for people? Yes. What the hell does that have to do with exposing people to carcinogens and other nasty pollutants against their will?

My Uncle used to like to go out and socialize with his workmates a few times a week in the eighties when you could still light up ina bar, in a grocery stor, even on planes and busses! He never smoked but he died from lung cancer at the age of 36, leaving behind his wife and 2 toddlers.

We all do stupid $hit.

Ah, my desert fireflower, just seeing your agreement sets my heart aflame. I would give ten thousand camels to bask for a moment in thy beauty that has addled many mens minds.I will cherish this moment for when we find ourselves at odds. Hell mayeth freeze over but nothing will tame flame haired wild child. :)

Don't really care if people smoke, but I believe they should have to sign contracts which doesn't allow them to use the health care system for smoking related illness and disease. They would have to pay for all the healthcare themselves. Why should my tax dollars pay for someone's blatant stupidity?

It's also ignorant when they can't have the decency to move away to smoke when near non smokers, and pick up your butts, the ground isn't your own personal ashtray!

Archived