Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo/Random Thoughts (merged)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
111 replies to this topic

#91 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Why do you hate Lu so much? Can't you say anything good in his thread?

Lu urns.......
virtus junxit mors non separabit.

Hockey season must be back on, the crazies are coming out again....

#92 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,938 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

If he knew he was still the elite goalie he was when he first got here, then I guarantee you he wouldn't waive it, he knows it's time to move on and he is on the decline.

If he thinks he's on the decline, then I'd think he'd rather stay on a cup contending team as long as he can. I think this is a case of him handling the situation as a class act and some people are still hating on him.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#93 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Just wondering if you have a no trade clause as the concensus is we put you in the Ozarks for the rest of the season without pay.

#94 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Luongo getting traded will hurt me emotionally and mentally just as much as the lockout has.

Well there are still some fans that still stand strongly behind Luongo. And I was one of them - to people who wanted to see him go, I simply replied, "Well you are the kind of fickle, inconsistent whiners who would irrationally dump your franchise player - and with it, any chances of winning the Stanley Cup. Give him respect and let him rebound to win." The main reason why I changed my mind is because Luongo himself seems to want to leave, and because Vancouver fans don't seem to appreciate him and deserve such a player.

Getting back to the topic at hand, let's imagine more deals:

Luongo, Burrows, Bieksa to Montreal for Carey Price, Josh Georges, Thomas Plekanec (or Alex Galchenyuk), Max Pacioretty, and Brendan Gallagher.

All right, this deal's going to get some mixed reactions. First, I'll say that this trade does make sense for Luongo - given his personality and pedigree, he is a perfect fit for the Montreal Canadiens and can get them going again. Same for Quebec-born Bieksa and Burrows. Montreal just might seize it, especially with Price being a disappointment there.

For Vancouver, they will actually be landing several BC-born players, including Carey Price, probably the most talented goaltender in the league, but also one who's yet to reach his potential. Josh Gorges isn't a superstar, but he is a reliable, consistent blueliner. Coming home to BC, there's reason to believe they will actually take off here though. Plekanec and Pacieroetty are solid forwards who will bolster down the lineup.

With Price here, I would then deal Schneider down to Tampa Bay for Ryan Malone and then sign Dwayne Roloson. Okay, Rollie the goalie is getting old yes, but he still has enough juice to be a backup mentor for Price, who just needs a little guidance and encouragement to make the most of his otherwise vast potential. Another option would be to deal Schneider, Kassian, and possibly Jensen to Boston for Thomas and Lucic - that's a controversial one, but Boston wants to get rid of Thomas and Schneider is a viable option.

Luongo and Higgins to Tampa Bay for Vincent Lecavelier and Anders Lindback.

Realistically, this one makes the most sense, becaue as mentioned in the previous suggestion, Tampa Bay needs goaltending - they are just an elite goaltender short of winning the Cup. They already have Stamkos as their top centreman, so it'd serve them well to move their other high-paid centreman for a high-paid goaltender.

With Lecavelier here, Vancouver will have a second elite centreman who can give them a surperior top-six, as I had described in a previous post. Just pair him with Schroeder and Kesler, together they should make a dominant line.

#95 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Who cares now what Luongo did 6 years ago? He is not the same guy anymore.
He almost upset the Ducks in 2007? He was damn good but since when is losing in 5 games an "almost upset"?

My friend, I'm talking about what Luongo did two and three years ago, when he helped lead Canada to gold, and then get us within one win of the Cup. People keep wanting to blame him for single-handedly losing Game 7 - nothing could be further from the truth. The Canucks were all worn out with all the injuries and stuff, if anything, Luongo was the single largest reason we even got to 15 wins.

He almost upset the Ducks, because legally, they should have won Game 5 - both the goals against him shouldn't have counted and had that happened, the team may very well could have had a huge morale boost, probably enough to come sweeping the next three games.

#96 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Always has been. He never had a personal meltdown, every goalie has a bad game here or there, but the entire team shut down. With no offence, no defence, and a whole bunch of injuries, how do you blame the goalie?

#97 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

Like everyone's saying: stop making threads.

#98 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Am I the only person who wants Luongo to stay? I honestly don't care if he stays because I want him to be here but if he's traded, then I hope Schneider won't succumb to the same goalie graveyard.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#99 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

I won't, sorry. Once you own CDC maybe you can prevent me?
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#100 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Let me just tell you and the others this once and for all, unless the mods ban me for violating the forum rules,I will post and keep making threads as I deem so. No one, who doesn't have the authority can tell me otherwise.

Now back to Lu.....

#101 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

I won't, sorry. Once you own CDC maybe you can prevent me?

Auditioning to be the official CDC-bad boy now, are we?

#102 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Auditioning to be the official CDC-bad boy now, are we?

Oh no, I'm just exercising my rights.

But go ahead, you and your clique can make me as the bad boy here. I mean you and the stalwarts probably control these forums anyway.

#103 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

He loves Florida, a non contending, low profile team. To me that says lot's.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#104 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

From what I've heard, his family is there too.

#105 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

From what I've heard, his family is there too.

:picard:

#106 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,907 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

That's a total lie... non-contending, lol. They just made the playoffs last time around under Tallon and they have a huge load of prospects waiting in line. They are going to be good in the next few years.

Columbus on the other hand... THAT's a non-contending low profile team.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#107 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

That's a total lie... non-contending, lol. They just made the playoffs last time around under Tallon and they have a huge load of prospects waiting in line. They are going to be good in the next few years.

Columbus on the other hand... THAT's a non-contending low profile team.

Yeah I dont get how Florida is this sucky team either.
94 points, win the SE. This is with only winning 2 of their last 10 games, and going 6-11 in shootouts.
I don't think its a stretch to say if they had Luongo as their starter last year, they would be a 100+ point team.

#108 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Oh no, I'm just exercising my rights.

But go ahead, you and your clique can make me as the bad boy here. I mean you and the stalwarts probably control these forums anyway.

IT B CONSPIRACY!
Posted Image

#109 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:00 AM

The heck....don't be so harsh. Why would you ban Lu? Didn't you just read the first post?

This just told me he is not for real, this whole deal is just an act to get a rise out if everyone

No way someone is that clueless

If you are elderly, a child, or mentaly handycaped I apologize.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#110 JohnLocke

JohnLocke

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

This just told me he is not for real, this whole deal is just an act to get a rise out if everyone

No way someone is that clueless

If you are elderly, a child, or mentaly handycaped I apologize.

If you're going to insult someone by using the words, "mentally handicapped", at least spell it right.

You're the one who looks dumb now.

Edited by StevenStamkos, 12 January 2013 - 10:24 AM.

Mafia Record: 12-9

Current Streak: 1

#111 yogolol

yogolol

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm starting to get sad, Lu has been the only goalie I've known on the Canucks :(
Watch my hockey tributes! http://www.youtube.c...urjesuss/videos

#112 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Luongo in Philly makes them a cup favorite instantly...

Maybe, if Philly starts their backup at the beginning of the playoffs.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.