The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How does the top 6 stack up against western teams

Lui's Knob

With Kesler and booth in or out the Canucks are thin in offensive top end talent compared to LA or Chicago. If someone wanted to do a team by team breakdown it d be interesting to look at. This comes up as sportsnet panel all picked other than John Shannon to win the west (although lose again to Pittsburgh)

How about San Jose:

Thornton couture havlat

Clowe Marleau pavelski

Beats our top six easy and comparable to LA

Chicago

Toews Hossa Sharp

Kane Stalberg Kruger

Great top 4 but not top six... Say even with Vancouver ( with Kes and booth back)

Edmonton

RNH yakupov hall

Eberle Hemsky horcoff

Pretty wickedly young top talent line but not LA

St Louis

Berglund Steen Backes

Oshie Perron Macdonald

Meh to that

Detroit

Zetterberg Fransen Datsyuk

Filpulla Brunner Samuelsson

Aging ... Vancouver is better

Wild

Heatley koivu parise

Setoguchi Bouchard granlund

On par with Vancouver

Anaheim

Perry Getzalf koivu

Ryan selanne cogliano

Great top 3 but not top 6

Bottom line is it looks like the kings are definitely the team to beat, maybe the sharks too and Vancouver needs to fix their second line and bottom six scoring depth if they hope to win the west and reach the SCF again

We have to compare entire teams, I think our defense and goaltending tandem is the best in the West, offensively we have the best line IMO.

and we do have some depth, maybe other teams have more but if Kes and Booth return to form & Raymond plays like he did tonight then I think ours is right their.

I think people are underestimating us, I could easily see Schneider playing like Quick & Thomas did.

Vancouver's top 3 is one of the best in the league.

Due to injuries to Kesler and Booth, out top 6 is virtually weaker.

When the two comes back and recovers, Vancouver's top 6 is one of the tops in the West. Couple this with that great D-corps and the best goaltending duo (if Lu stays for now), it's going to be dynamite.

I would agree but I think there's a couple 'ifs' and a couple holes for the 2nd line with the nucks but LA holds that title as the team to beat as it stands now by a margin... Will see how it goes come the trade deadline

We have to compare entire teams, I think our defense and goaltending tandem is the best in the West, offensively we have the best line IMO.

and we do have some depth, maybe other teams have more but if Kes and Booth return to form & Raymond plays like he did tonight then I think ours is right their.

I think people are underestimating us, I could easily see Schneider playing like Quick & Thomas did.

Archived