Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Kassian too confident at the end of his fight?

• Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#151 Dayman

Dayman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Seth Jones is going top 2 and if the Oilers finish last, then they will have the chance at either picking first or second (with higher chances of picking first overall). I really don't know how to explain it more clearly to you. Should I draw a picture for you?

Sure, I guess some of the simple-minded folks like you can't express your thoughts in words. A picture would be fine, young one.

#152 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

"Takedowns" in a hockey fight is a complete joke. It's not MMA, what the hell does a takedown accomplish?

He had too when Kassian fed him two awesome lefts!!! :emot-parrot:
:towel:

#153 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,320 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

I think Ben Eager likes you too. Maybe you could give him a back rub and sooth his aching head.

i suppose i might have some baby oil somewhere

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#154 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Kassian is supposed to be a top two line forward to help the team, with his speed, soft hands and physical play. It was jaunt stupid for Kassian to take himself out of the game by fighting with a 4th liner Eager. Kassian should not wait until he fractures his hand in a fight before he regrets.

This case is an exception. I agree with you for the most part - he's a very talented guy that we don't want playing an enforcer role, particularly when he gives up 25lbs - but Eager has a history of taking runs at the Sedins - and he had a message to get accross.

#155 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Sure, I guess some of the simple-minded folks like you can't express your thoughts in words. A picture would be fine, young one.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#156 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,622 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

i liked it....next up marchand and keith :bigblush:

#157 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

You've got a real classy Canadian attitude, eh?

U know it

#158 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Hopefully he F5s Marchand and gives a stone cold stunner to Keith.

Posted Image

#159 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Kassian is supposed to be a top two line forward to help the team, with his speed, soft hands and physical play. It was jaunt stupid for Kassian to take himself out of the game by fighting with a 4th liner Eager. Kassian should not wait until he fractures his hand in a fight before he regrets.

:picard: Kassian was brought in for exactly what he did tonight. MG was trying to address the lack of grit/toughness factor in the top 6.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#160 Kulikov

Kulikov

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Are you kidding me? Eager is one tough motherf*cker, not many young kids would fight a guy like that. He's trying to fire up his team and the fans who were pathetic tonight. This team desperately needs more guys like this, maybe it will rub off on bieksa who used to be an animal but now thinks he's paul coffey.

#161 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

eager is crazy out there.. looks like he wanna kill someone every shift..

#162 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Really?! You call that arrogance?! Really?!

Posted Image

The kid was simply stating a fact and backed it up. It's not arrogant if you back it up: it's called having supreme confidence and being a champion.

My sig below reads "Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali statements". Seth made a statement and backed it up. Only the elite are capable of that, and Seth is one at least at the junior level right now.

As for Kassian, I do not think his actions were arrogant at all. It's his home crowd and he's trying to get the fans back into the game after the Oilers tied it up.

Seth's ok, but I think he gets more hype than other players his age because he's Popeye Jones' kid.

I thought Trouba was more dynamic in that tournament, but whatever.

It's ironic that someone on here is making a big deal out of the US world junior gold, because no one in Canada cares anymore due to the NHL coming back, and barely anyone cared in the US to begin with, let alone now :bigblush:
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#163 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

I prefer the 2010-2011 team that was more about skills. It got us to SCF game 7.

MG got so paranoid that he traded for a bunch of so-called grit and toughness. Guess what. We can't even beat the Oilers.

#164 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Guess what. We can't even beat the Oilers.

You know, the Oilers are starting to look pretty good on paper....they aren't like a Columbus or Calgary when it comes to talent now.

I don't understand how people still expect the Oilers to lose every game, they have young stars at almost every position.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#165 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUXekjZLXB0

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

The celebration was just to get the fans back in it and also he was probably pretty pumped he did a pretty good job versus a NHL heavyweight.

#166 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I want Kassian to play this charged up EVERY game....WTF are you talking about?

#167 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

All aboard the Kassian train...King where are you ?

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#168 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

obviously you've never drawn before...

#169 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

You know, the Oilers are starting to look pretty good on paper....they aren't like a Columbus or Calgary when it comes to talent now.

I don't understand how people still expect the Oilers to lose every game, they have young stars at almost every position.

Any team that played against the Canucks tonight would "start to look pretty good."

I don't follow the Oilers but aside from acquiring of Eager, I don't see much has changed to the team that was ranked the second worst in the NHL's 2011-2012 season.

#170 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

When this happens I will be so happy that I may need to change my undies.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#171 wallstreetamigo

wallstreetamigo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Any team that played against the Canucks tonight would "start to look pretty good."

I don't follow the Oilers but aside from acquiring of Eager, I don't see much has changed to the team that was ranked the second worst in the NHL's 2011-2012 season.

Yakupov and Shultz may not have shown a ton in their debut tonight but I think they qualify as a couple of pretty big changes to the 2011-12 Oilers.....

Edited by wallstreetamigo, 21 January 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#172 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I liked it, tried to get the crowd going. Didn't work obviously as I've hear library's that were louder than the fans tonight.

But thats nothing new. :rolleyes:

#173 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

So after his fight, anyone else notice his little victory celebration? I love Kassian and really thought he played well today, but anybody else think that antics like that are unnecessary?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BUXekjZLXB0

Just wait until one of our Canucks is on the losing end and someone celebrates. I guarantee all of your jimmies will be rustled.

Wuss.

#174 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

This guy plays on the edge, it's something you either hate him or love him for it. In my opinion i think the canucks need more of that in their game, someone to do things that can change the momentum of a game. Really liked his performance tonight.
Posted Image

#175 ObjectiveView

ObjectiveView

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

The problem is, this is one sided. By that I mean if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be raging mad.

Many people may say that it's no big deal or to just get the fans going, but if an opposing player did it in Rogers Arena, BAM, there would be outrage. This instance has happened before, and it was immediately downplayed because it was a lack of respect.

If you want to get the fans pumped at home, go have a good fight, but have respect when it is over. It was bad showmanship, but I understand why he did it.

I'm sure an instance will happen again during this year and I am interested to see the reaction. If there is a blow out for the visiting team and they pummel someone in a fight and "raise the roof" afterwards, would that not be interpreted as taunting and have 25 threads made talking about how that player is garbage? Objectively Always.

#176 ObjectiveView

ObjectiveView

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Overall Kassian played a high energy game and was impressive. Leave the after fight celebrations to the fans, focus on trying to chip in when you play with such skilled guys as the twins.

#177 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Kassian was awesome tonight, he was throwing out hits, scoring, all he needed was an assist for the good ol Gordie Howe Hat trick. It is funny how some of our fans can be so negative about small stuff like this. Keep up the good work Zack.

#178 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

The problem is, this is one sided. By that I mean if the shoe was on the other foot, people would be raging mad.

Many people may say that it's no big deal or to just get the fans going, but if an opposing player did it in Rogers Arena, BAM, there would be outrage. This instance has happened before, and it was immediately downplayed because it was a lack of respect.

If you want to get the fans pumped at home, go have a good fight, but have respect when it is over. It was bad showmanship, but I understand why he did it.

I'm sure an instance will happen again during this year and I am interested to see the reaction. If there is a blow out for the visiting team and they pummel someone in a fight and "raise the roof" afterwards, would that not be interpreted as taunting and have 25 threads made talking about how that player is garbage? Objectively Always.

I don't see a problem with that, even if an opposing player did that at Rogers Arena. It's part of the game and it's part of sports, like Alex Ovechkin's showboating WHY do people have such a big problem with it?! If people are that sensitive about it then they shouldn't be watching pro sports.

#179 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

Yes, you seem to lack the competence to realize that I was merely suggesting that cocky gestures aren't exactly the best things to have from a team that's already taken a lot of flak for 'diving'

Screw what others think! I'm glad Kassian did what he did, and anyone who doesn't like it can suck it. I'm not interested in being liked by the losers in the rest of the league. I hope he beats down Duncan Keith next and celebrates more.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#180 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Generally speaking, I don't enjoy watching that kind of stuff after a fight. But in this case, I was cheering my butt of when Kass did it. It was very refreshing seeing 'I'll hit you from behind' Eager bleeding from the face and a Canucks player outwardly showing emotion. I really want to see more youth injected into the Canucks lineup, they bring a different dynamic to the game and dressing room.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.