The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week Of January (21-25) 2013

Still can't get over that Yakupov goal, to bat it out of the air like that under that pressure is just incredible.

Aside from the refs controlling the entire game it was pretty exciting.

nvm im an idiot i paused it for 5 seconds thats why i was behind crazy game refs are lucky they oilers won they would of needed armed guards

holy overreaction batman.. the way Yakupov and Gagner celebrated you'd think they just scored the GWG of game 7 of the Cup finals.

This reminds me of the criticism the Nucks got when they celebrated a shootout win to snap the Wings longest winning streak. But since its the Oilers, no one has a problem with it.

Man, just finished watching the Oilers vs. Kings game. What an absolute circus by the refs that game. The game wasn't particularly exciting until the end with all that ridiculous crap with the refs.

I did think the Quick call was indeed goalie interference (he was being tied up by an Oiler player and had no way to make the save), how they called it way after and took the goal away was retarded.

I've actually gotten to watch a couple Oiler games in a row so far. Man, that team is going to be amazing in a few years if they can figure out their D game. Eberle looks like a star already, the kid has sick hands and is always making sweet plays. RNH reminds me of Henrik Sedin quite a bit. Hall looks like he's going to be a 30-40 goal scorer in his prime.

I really like Yakupov so far, what a goal celebration! He reminded me of Ovechkin with his high energy game and super over the top celebrations. For some reason I thought Yakupov was going to be one of those low-emotion Russians so I wasn't too keen on him until I saw he's actually the complete opposite. Good stuff... too bad they're our rivals! :P

Yakupov's goal was amazing (although I did think it looked like his stick was a bit high as he hit the puck out of the air). Despite the refs being goofs regarding their timing, I am glad they had the balls to go "Okay that goal was bull and everyone knows it except for the most intoxicated Oilers fans". If every team got calls like that, the right calls, the NHL would be a whole lot less of a joke.

Archived