The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US military to lift ban on women in combat

key2thecup

Is it possible that the woman could become distractions for the male soldiers? If they go out into combat, maybe their prioroty would secretly be the safety of their woman, rather then the mission and other fellow soldeirs. Just a thought. Flame away.

The Israeli experience has been that infantry units with women in them are less effective and take more casualties, however there are a lot of combat trades besides infantry.

There are women serving in special operations units in many countries, these would have more of a urban reconnaissance/clandestine role than direct combat, but the training HAS to be a lot harder than with any kind of line infantry.

The Israeli experience has been that infantry units with women in them are less effective and take more casualties, however there are a lot of combat trades besides infantry.

There are women serving in special operations units in many countries, these would have more of a urban reconnaissance/clandestine role than direct combat, but the training HAS to be a lot harder than with any kind of line infantry.

Is it possible that the woman could become distractions for the male soldiers? If they go out into combat, maybe their prioroty would secretly be the safety of their woman, rather then the mission and other fellow soldeirs. Just a thought. Flame away.

I really don't understand how you people are still arguing about women's ability to perform the jobs. This is isn't a draft anymore, any women who are in the military want to be there. If they're going into combat roles, they should have to meet the same requirements as men. Simple as that. Its not really an issue.

The idea is ABSURD but at this point I expect nothing less from our devolving society. Your average caveman had more common sense and awareness of sex differences when it came to work assignment. For my part, I would sooner die (likely from embarrassment alone) than have a woman I know engage in mortal combat on my behalf.

Since a nation was once defined as an extended family it follows that no modern Western democracy really is one. Men nowadays having such a high regard for their women and all…

Here are some numbers on why this is a bad idea. I haven’t the time or desire to sift through net censors for more PC sources, but there is no need since the info therein hints of truth for anyone with eyes. One set of standards will never be enforced as anyone living in the real world knows.

Always thought in a world of push-button nuke confrontation this stuff was relatively harmless, as antics of gender benders, professional equality fighters and all-round do-gooders go. But one day the shinola might just get real with the appearance of a competent adversary. Spreading degeneracy/democracy to infidels and enforcing imperial edicts on behalf of the New York-London-Tel Aviv new world order crowd is a never ending job. Big mission creep there.

People ought to recognize and accept their limitations: I don’t give counseling advice about feelings. Sedins can’t (and ought not) take penalty shots. And women…

The idea is ABSURD but at this point I expect nothing less from our devolving society. Your average caveman had more common sense and awareness of sex differences when it came to work assignment. For my part, I would sooner die (likely from embarrassment alone) than have a woman I know engage in mortal combat on my behalf.

Since a nation was once defined as an extended family it follows that no modern Western democracy really is one. Men nowadays having such a high regard for their women and all…

Here are some numbers on why this is a bad idea. I haven’t the time or desire to sift through net censors for more PC sources, but there is no need since the info therein hints of truth for anyone with eyes. One set of standards will never be enforced as anyone living in the real world knows.

Always thought in a world of push-button nuke confrontation this stuff was relatively harmless, as antics of gender benders, professional equality fighters and all-round do-gooders go. But one day the shinola might just get real with the appearance of a competent adversary. Spreading degeneracy/democracy to infidels and enforcing imperial edicts on behalf of the New York-London-Tel Aviv new world order crowd is a never ending job. Big mission creep there.

People ought to recognize and accept their limitations: I don’t give counseling advice about feelings. Sedins can’t (and ought not) take penalty shots. And women…

Im not sure why this is such a big deal...

Here are what im reading as obvious CONs to women in combat;

They might get raped

They have lower physical standards to "get-in"

They cant drag a wounded soldier to safety

They Might not pull the trigger

Now i can counter all of them with a RATIONAL answer (or 2)

They might get raped:

Its true. however its their decision to make and not yours. Men get raped, Women get raped by their own countrymen and in their own country (sadly) all of the time. The issue of rape should be considered separate from their "Ability to serve"

They have Lower standards to get in:

Currently YES they do... you know why? because they arend ALLOWED to hold the physically demanding jobs, thus they dont NEED the same standards. What comes first here the chicken or the egg? What would be stupid is requiring a woman to have the same physical strength as an infantry man while she shovels paper (or whatever else shes "ALLOWED" to do for her country)

They Cant Drag Someone to safety:

First of all i call bull crap on this... I have seen women suceed at amazing feats under stress, strain, danger, fear.

Women pull their male friends our of mosh pits, their husbands out of fires. They lift cars off their children and function as life guards to guys who flail and try to pull them under. Women succeed in the same physical standards men have for police forces and those test DO include dragging a 300 pound dummy. I feel that they would have amazing success yanking a guy through the dirt.

Secondly, Even if you want to let in "frailer" women, why not make a platoon of infantry women? Seems like such a simple solution... let them drag each other, protect each other, and sexually harass each other... They dont need men to do it, and i bet they can take out some "Bad-guys" while they're at it!

They might not pull the trigger:

They will. They are there because they choose to serve. They have the same morals and critical thinking/understanding as a man. They understand what their signing up for (at least as much as the next "guy")

Did i miss any points? im pretty sure i could come up with a pro argument... i really see no reason to exclude any one from anything... ever.

Archived