Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Another Great Schneider Start - Who starts next?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

To jump on Cory is just obscured

Very obscure...?

#32 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Because Luongo is, unfortunately, one of our fanbases scapegoat now. I'm going to defend Luongo 100% until the day he is no longer a Canuck, either retirement or trade. Luongo is my goalie. He's my #1 goalie. He will always be my starter.

luongo was praised for quite awhile before he got bashed

#33 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

He was bashed for nothing, he held us in the round with the Kings, that wasn't his fault.

#34 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Yes of course. That's what happens here. Remember MayRay in 2010? 25 goals? he was praised as our answer to our secondary scoring problems.. Now look what happened.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#35 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Very obscure...?

Only if you could pay as much attention to the game as you do to typos. Lol.

#36 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,532 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

You can add dumbest as well. Not saying everyone here is dumb, I'm just talking about the select 5% of our fanbase that overreacts at everything and makes stupid comments/threads.

I think its MUCH more then 5%, try 30%-40%.....
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#37 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,466 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I should just stay on the Off-Topic forum. This is just getting too stupid for me to comprehend.

Actually, I should just visit this part of the board only on days the Canucks win.

#38 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

back to back games so I think luongo should start
Posted Image

#39 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

we should start climie

#40 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Ive noticed alot of people saying well of course Luo starts tomorrow. Im curious, has anyone heard an actual confirmation of this by anyone in the Canucks organization.

Edited by scarface173, 27 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#41 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Ive noticed alot of people saying Èwell of course Luo starts tomorrow.è Im curious, has anyone heard an actual confirmation of this by anyone in the Canucks organization.

back to backs we always alternate

#42 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ive noticed alot of people saying well of course Luo starts tomorrow. Im curious, has anyone heard an actual confirmation of this by anyone in the Canucks organization.

Someone posted that Lou was scheduled to get the second game, not sure how accurate that is but don't see why he wouldn't.

#43 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

back to backs we always alternate

This is not true.

#44 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

WTF.. we'll you sure fooled me with the thread title... Are you serious ?? This is a pure troll post right?? This can't be real can it? You must be out of your mind. Schneider was fantastic i thought. this game really could of been out of hand, he kept it respectiful. Hey the OP must be 13 or something tho,,, only logical explanation i can come up with cause he is an idiot.

#45 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

Schneider was solid in goaltending. I predicted the score as being more of 4-3 for Sharks or Canucks.

Sharks are a highly offensive team, and their power plays are impeccable, as good as those of the Canucks.
We matched up to their power play level, had we not hit the crossbar on every good scoring chance we have had during the man-advantages.
Posted Image

#46 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,473 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

OP, you should take some time to read through other threads rather than post any thought that comes to mind in a new thread. We have Game Discussion Threads and Post Game Threads to talk about this sort of thing, and all the extra, individual threads do is clutter up the board for others who want to be able to find topics that aren't so redundant.

Not to single you out, but you're new, as are others who are doing the same thing (Drew1, canuktravella, dylan142...whatever) so this is just a suggestion to help you out. Don't rush to create a thread as it's very likely someone is already discussing it in another thread.

Edited by elvis15, 27 January 2013 - 10:20 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#47 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Yea sure but first tell Garrison and Edler (first 2 sharks goals) not to give it away like that and our whole D crew to wake up!

Edited by hockeyfan90, 27 January 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#48 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yes of course. That's what happens here. Remember MayRay in 2010? 25 goals? he was praised as our answer to our secondary scoring problems.. Now look what happened.

because the vancouver canucks fanbase, as a whole, is probably one of the most idiotic ones in the entire league. It's pretty much a what have you done for me lately mentality.

individually canucks fans aren't as bad though

#49 GoTheDistance

GoTheDistance

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

So were you one of the people screaming cuz MG didnt trade away Loui for a salary dump and a bag of pucks? Put yourself in thier shoes when your Dman sets up a forward from the other team right in the slot. Oh wait you have probably never even worn a peice of equipment no need to just sitting on the COUCH! We are one of the luckiest teams when it comes to goaltending. Your post is that of a true bandwagon fan enough hockey knowledge to cheer when we win and not enough to keep yourself from looking STUPID when we lose.

#50 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Boring :bored:

#51 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

People who turn on Schneider over THIS game (where he actually played well, as opposed to the Ducks game last week), really shouldn't complain about people who turned on Luongo. Im a massive Luongo fan and always have felt he was treated unfairly and overly blamed for team losses, but this was a game where our defensive coverage left Cory out to dry. It isn't even partially his fault. The only way it can be the goalie's fault is if the offense is clicking, the d is doing their job and the goalie is letting in softies. If your goalie makes multiple big saves and doesn't let in too many softies, but your D is completely incompetent, you should blame the D or the coach, not the goalie.

Sheesh.

#52 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

We made ****** Niemi look good rather than the seive he is. Shoulda put 6 past him.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 27 January 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#53 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Schneider played well tonight, very little he could have done on any of those goals. The only thing ugly about the fourth goal was the defensive coverage out front; good pass, great shot. Third goal was a heartbreaker as he virtually killed that penalty himself.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either goalie tomorrow. It isn't exactly unheard of to play back to back games, not certain why people are focusing on that. I could see Lu going in as that seems logical, but AV might throw CS back in to show confidence and reward him for playing as well as he did tonight. CS did play great against LA in the playoffs. There might be a statement to be made there.

#54 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Funny seeing everyone supporting Schneider for playing a solid game. If it was Luongo who did the same everyone would be calling for his head.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#55 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Luongo should start.
Posted Image

#56 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm sorry but if people think Schneider is better than Luongo purely because of his stats from last year, look at those stats now. Schneider is the new Luongo - he's showing that he's incredibly inconsistent (1 blowout loss, 1 shutout and 1 bad loss) which used to be the nack on Luongo, and has horrible stats so far
Posted Image

#57 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Cory played a fine game, wake up.

While Cory didn't play terribly, he was not good either. He was directly responsible for one of those goals (he put it in himself!).

This doesn't mean CS is a bust or not starting material in any way. He is still a great netminder. But if you can even suggest that Cory played "Fine", then Luongo played "fine" or "amazing" every single game last year.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 28 January 2013 - 12:48 AM.
Removed personal attack/language

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#58 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Schneider was only about average tonight... Not as bad as the first Anaheim game, but not nearly as good as the second Anaheim game. Luongo should have started tonight and Schneider should have started against the Kings.

The team did him no favours, to be fair, by going 0/7 on the power play, hitting the post a half dozen times and with all the giveaways!

#59 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Just wanted to post out of frustration as we have been discussing the goalie situation for a while here at CDC.

Tonight against the Sharks showed us yet again that Cory is not prepared to be the starter that everyone thinks he is. Moreover, I think this game showed, yet again, how Cory is not far and away better than Luongo.

With us digging deeper and deeper within a shortened season, I'm left wondering how much longer will the Cory starting experiment last? Will we begin to see a true competition for the starting position?

Theortecially, what happens when Luo starts and dominates the net (its bound to happen in a season), will AV allow him to continue starting. As a paying fan I first and foremost want the team to win, I don't care who starts, but when we have a team that is committed to a goaltender that is clearly not ready, we have a problem?

Thoughts?

How can you honestly blame tonight's game on Schneider? Did you watch it? Did you see the mistakes? The first two goals were god-awful turnovers.

The Canucks need to tighten up defensively. It could've been worse without Schneider.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#60 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Thoughts?

You have no idea what you're talking about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.