235 replies to this topic

#91 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

We should keep both goalies till the end of the season, unless a great offer comes our way. And keep playing the 1 that keeps winning.

#92 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,461 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Has anyone ever witnessed a more pathetic shootout than what we saw tonight? serious question

Aside from Luongo and a couple others the team was horrendous

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#93 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69,164 posts

So who do you guys think should start on Wednesday? Luongo or Schneider?

307mg00.jpg

#94 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Who starts against Chicago feb1?

one would think, with a day off in between, our no. 1 goalie starts both weds and fri games. that's how things would work in a normal, non-canuckian world....

#95 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Lu next game and if he has another solid game, Lu against the Hawks.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#96 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

c wall obviously

i think the team should bag skate the whole practice , if they cant beat the avs then we are in trouble
Posted Image

#97 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Vigneault won't be fired, at least not until Kesler is back, but more importantly, there isn't a stud coach that can just take over. Who's available for coaches?

In regards to the shootout options, Edler should be a later option, with Kesler (when healthy), Burrows and Kassian rounding out the first 3 shooters (liked Kassian's attempt tonight), and maybe Schroeder and Raymond getting a chance before Edler.

I was most upset with the absence of Kassian in O.T. Why not give him a chance?

My six year old daughter is great at standing around and chewing gum! Apparently she's qualified to coach the Canucks...

#98 HuddieJ

HuddieJ

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

If you can't win with a two goal lead.... better learn how to make it three.

#99 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Does anyone else think that with how good Schroeder is in the face-off dot, that he could be a shoe-in to replace Manny?

#100 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Vigneault won't be fired, at least not until Kesler is back, but more importantly, there isn't a stud coach that can just take over. Who's available for coaches?

In regards to the shootout options, Edler should be a later option, with Kesler (when healthy), Burrows and Kassian rounding out the first 3 shooters (liked Kassian's attempt tonight), and maybe Schroeder and Raymond getting a chance before Edler.

I was most upset with the absence of Kassian in O.T. Why not give him a chance?

I was most upset at the absence of Schroeder. The guy was playing great!!! Easily better than the Sedins, along with Kassian was our best forward.

That is a situation where he would absolutely thrive!!! He is dangerous as hell, one so much open ice, with that speed and that wrist shot, could have ended the game in an instant if given a chance.

AV needs to go, haven't looked into who should replace him but Dallas Eakins has gained alot of praise as a guy who is ready to be an NHL Coach.

I would say "Look at our AHL coach" but he is just as stupid. I don't know I have to look into it a little longer.

zackass.png

#101 c00kies

c00kies

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Has anyone else noticed ever since we lost the Cup in 2011 we seem to have lost our heart and drive. The team has never played with the same hunger since.

As a Canucks fan it feels just painful to watch. Skill is there...but not the drive.

Yes, unfortunately our 2011 run was met with many injuries and really tough opponents. We can't all get gift wrapped opponents like the Kings did last year (Sedinless Canucks, overachieving, not quite ready (with Halak injured) Blues, the Smith or bust Coyotes (reminds me of an 06-07 Canucks team), and a Devils team with a lack of depth and a middle of the pack d-core.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#102 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

POPULAR

Honestly, I would rather we miss the playoffs than lose in the first round again. At least maybe the issues of this team may get addressed. Rather than making up excuses.
Posted Image

#103 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Honestly. Either of them is fine with me. I bet it'll be Schneider though

g3HKFnX.png

#104 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Luongo's the reason we got that point.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#105 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

This team reminds me of 2006 when Luongo first came here. A team being held together by goaltending, except we are on the decline now :(

Can't win key defensive zone face offs - Malhotra not the same

We have no real snipers on the point with Ehrhoff and Salo gone, PKers just focus on the Sedins now not really having to worry about the point shots.

Seems like we went from needing one second line winger to having a giant mess of players who aren't that great at their roles, not Stanley Cup calibre at least.

What a mess this team looks like right now. Goaltending controversy, a bunch of new players thrust into roles, hurt players gone for a long time, fatigue. Guh.

Burrows shoot out attempt just shows how seriously they take winning this year. I don't think we are winning a division champion, much less a cup this year,

Edited by hsedin33, 29 January 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#106 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Wrong - this frustration just proves that the Canucks do NOT have the depth (yet again) for a deep play off push.

2 players out of the line up is an EXCUSE.

Posted Image

No "this frustration" just proves some fans don't have patience.
Yes, I agree, it was a game we had in the bag and realistically should have won, but I remember the same pattern happening last season. Give it time, I guarantee we'll pick it up.

The only players I'm upset with are the Sedins. They're supposed to be leading this team and although tonight was a much better effort than yesterday, they have to get their grove going.

If the Sedins are playing like we know they can each night, along with are average third line, we clearly have depth without Kesler and Booth.
When healthy, we essentially have the same team we had in the 2010/11 season.
Posted Image

#107 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,403 posts

Does anyone else think that with how good Schroeder is in the face-off dot, that he could be a shoe-in to replace Manny?

I really hope they don't send him down when Kesler is back. Schroeder belongs on this team.

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Deadly speed.

g3HKFnX.png

#108 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,984 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Luongo had a really solid game, whole team let him down. Sure can't blame him one bit for the loss tonight. Sedins were invisible for the 2nd game in a row, they've gotta step it up and step it up soon.

Sad effort to behold.
Posted Image

#109 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

They must've out-hit us about 10:1. You'd think there would be some aggression saved up for playing against the team that knocked you out last year. That was disappointing. Also no fights.

Tried to defend a lead when we had no business doing so. That was disappointing.

Our D can't shoot the puck. That is disappointing.

Edler in the shootout. That was disappointing.

Jalapeno Ms. Vickies during the game. Never disappointing.

#110 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Honestly, I would rather we miss the playoffs than lose in the first round again. At least maybe the issues of this team may get addressed. Rather than making up excuses.

I honestly agree too. If it happens, it won't bother me too much with just how this year went. If we miss playoffs. AV better be outta here.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#111 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I really hope they don't send him down when Kesler is back. Schroeder belongs on this team.

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Deadly speed.

At the very least put em down in the 4th line when Kesler/Booth returns,

I also hope Kassian stays with the Sedins if he continues to play the way he has.

#112 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

#113 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Gotta give Lu next game. Just keep playing him until he has an average game and switch. His stats are not bad at all with 2 games started.

Luongo has shown numerous times to go on very long streaks of playing great hockey. Give him next game, and if he plays well like tonight go to him again.

....This team dosen't deserve Luongo or Schnieder after that display of shyte tonight.

#114 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Luongo had a really solid game, whole team let him down. Sure can't blame him one bit for the loss tonight. Sedins were invisible for the 2nd game in a row, they've gotta step it up and step it up soon.

Sad effort to behold.

hey tanev did not let anyone down bro

tanev held his ground
Posted Image

#115 VAN_FAN_MATT

VAN_FAN_MATT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

I wanna see Schroeder on the PK.

On the PK? No. In the shootout? Yes.

#116 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,358 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

No "this frustration" just proves some fans don't have patience.
Yes, I agree, it was a game we had in the bag and realistically should have won, but I remember the same pattern happening last season. Give it time, I guarantee we'll pick it up.

The only players I'm upset with are the Sedins. They're supposed to be leading this team and although tonight was a much better effort than yesterday, they have to get their grove going.

If the Sedins are playing like we know they can each night, along with are average third line, we clearly have depth without Kesler and Booth.
When healthy, we essentially have the same team we had in the 2010/11 season.

No - you don't understand patience.

I've been "patient" for 37 years.

So do me a favour and don't tell me to have BLOODY PATIENCE...

That's a GNR song.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#117 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Any1 got a recent quick update on kesler?

#118 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

We had chance to bury the game on the PP in the third. Nucks still need to fix it. 3 games in 4 nights..enough said on that. Blame Luongo, and I will kill you. Keep it up Kassian <3. On to the Avs!

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#119 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Just really tired of watching them blow 2 goal leads, that's all. They played like crap, but they had the lead and they could have had Luongo steal that game for them like he's done so many times, but they can't even pull through that anymore it seems like.

Our D is brutal, our PP is brutal. Our PK has been decent, but needs a bit of work. Need to be stronger on faceoffs, third line with no strong faceoff guy is really hurting.

Defense needs to start playing a lot more aggressively against the puck carriers, stop giving them so much room in our end. Also once they get the puck, need a couple of short, sharp passes out of the zone now and then instead of always going for the big pass to center ice (or straight up the middle). Those long passes are generating a lot of crappy turnovers and some are turning straight into goals. The other thing they are doing a lot is just slapping it around the boards to try and get it out, HAVE to stop that because it's really easy for a defenseman to just hold his ground on the blueline along the boards and just wait for the puck to reach him.

Powerplay needs a lot of work. Too static, not a lot of passing, have to find the open man. Garrison and Edler cannot be on the same unit, they both play the same role of having the big slapshot. One defenseman needs to be a passer and set up the one timer. Edler and Garrison have been brutal at passing between each other and they can't set each other up for the one timer, they often just screw it up and lose the zone. Split them up, and use those slapshots more effectively. Hopefully the Sedins will start working their magic soon, right now their PP work is being upstaged by Schroeder and Raymond on the second unit.

I love how our younger players are looking great so far. Kassian is determined to prove he can keep his game relatively consistent and he's doing it. Schroeder is hungry for a permanent spot on this team and so far I'd say he's earned it. Tanev's play has been a step up even from his consistently strong play of the last year. Lots of stuff to be happy about with those three, I just wish their play would wake up the veterans and get some of our other players to step it up.

Things still maybe need some time to really click, and let's not forget that this lineup really IS temporary, we're missing two top six guys. Powerplays might start looking a lot better if Kesler and Booth can come back and start being effective, and Penalty Kills will be a lot sharper if Kes can return to his strong defensive form.

Edited by Raiun, 29 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

#120 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm so impressed with Tanev. What poise for such a young guy.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.