The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Kings 3 Canucks 2 F/SO

cmpunk

Reallty the turning point for us should have been the powerplay in the third. That's what's losing us games right now. We make it 3-1 and the game is over.

This is a team that's built to get at least 1 powerplay goal a game, and right now it's not getting it done. Until we get that going, we're going to see alot of games like tonight.

I was not happy with the lack of intesity from the Canucks. I expected them to have alot more jump in this game then they did considering this was the team that eliminated us in the playoffs last year.

Seriously though, why the hell can't this team get some goddamb shots through from the point. Forget about trying to get shot on net from the point, they can't even get ANY shots off from the point, period.

Get some F'ing shots from the point to at least create some F'ing rebounds.

Man everyone calm down.

Do you think the players are thinking "Daaaa Herpda Derp we played well in the 3rd", I'm sure they feel just as upset and frustrated. Burrows tried something new, and yeah unfortunately it was retarded, but do you guys really think he doesn't feel embarrassed?

The Canucks ALWAYS start out slow, and I guarantee we will gain consistency late next month, it's just what we do for whatever reason.

Oh and btw! We're still missing Kesler and Booth, Sedins are slumping, yet we are still chipping away.

That right there shows we have a good team.

Reallty the turning point for us should have been the powerplay in the third. That's what's losing us games right now. We make it 3-1 and the game is over.

This is a team that's built to get at least 1 powerplay goal a game, and right now it's not getting it done. Until we get that going, we're going to see alot of games like tonight.

Gotta give Lu next game. Just keep playing him until he has an average game and switch. His stats are not bad at all with 2 games started.

Luongo has shown numerous times to go on very long streaks of playing great hockey. Give him next game, and if he plays well like tonight go to him again.

Vigneault won't be fired, at least not until Kesler is back, but more importantly, there isn't a stud coach that can just take over. Who's available for coaches?

In regards to the shootout options, Edler should be a later option, with Kesler (when healthy), Burrows and Kassian rounding out the first 3 shooters (liked Kassian's attempt tonight), and maybe Schroeder and Raymond getting a chance before Edler.

I was most upset with the absence of Kassian in O.T. Why not give him a chance?

1) Coach needs to smarten up and put a whip to these players or he'll be saying bye-bye. Time to play the players who are doing well and not your dependents (ie: If Tanev is playing beastly, put him in the beastly moments, if Schroder plays amazing in the game, put him in the shootout).

2) Defense (while on paper looks like the best in the league) is ATROCIOUS. Edler is a much better D-man than this, what's going on? Time to smarten them up, Bowness.

3) Shootout is just pathetic, time to remedy this by getting some young players on attack, ie: Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen etc etc.

4) Special teams, what happened to our powerplay? Everything that was great last 2 years (keeping leads, scoring first, having great first periods, good PK, amazing Faceoff %, and amazing Powerplay) is gone and deflated.

If this doesn't turn around, esp. after Kesler comes back in, I think AV and Rick Bowness can pack their bags.

Who agrees?

Archived