The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

February 1st

SvenBae

Do you think there is any game that could possibly motivate our team more than that one, I'd really like to see the newer players get introduced to the depth of the rivalry and the veterans to shake off some rust to try and hand Chicago their potential first loss(If Minnesota doesn't do so on Wednesday).

Then hopefully that gives the team enough drive to last them until Kesler and Booth return to give the team a little more offense :)

:frantic: My First Topic :frantic:

I used to love Keith because he played JR A in Penticton, but since that hit all I want is Kassian to plummel him to the ground so hard he cant get up. Then get Ballard to hip check Kane into the benches and he breaks a foot or something lol *evil vibes* errrr

Minnesota will probably win, snap their streak and they'll start a new one against us.

If we play the same way we have over the first 6 games against Chicago then I guarantee they'll put up double digits on us. This team has been deadly up front of late and we've had one of the worst defences in the NHL so far. There's a lot of work that needs to be done before that game if we even want to make the scoreboard look respectable let alone win.

Hopefully we can bring them down to our level by playing aggressive, passionate hockey and get them distracted with a lot of fights and penalties. Not expecting powerplays to do anything, but just a lot of physical activity will disrupt the flow and stop them from scoring on our defensive mistakes every second shift.

Minnesota will probably win, snap their streak and they'll start a new one against us.

If we play the same way we have over the first 6 games against Chicago then I guarantee they'll put up double digits on us. This team has been deadly up front of late and we've had one of the worst defences in the NHL so far. There's a lot of work that needs to be done before that game if we even want to make the scoreboard look respectable let alone win.

Hopefully we can bring them down to our level by playing aggressive, passionate hockey and get them distracted with a lot of fights and penalties. Not expecting powerplays to do anything, but just a lot of physical activity will disrupt the flow and stop them from scoring on our defensive mistakes every second shift.

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't losing badly to the hawks in the past been the very thing that motivated the Canucks and pretty much put them at the top of the league? I mean I obviously don't want them to lose, but with the way the blackhawks are playing right now and how we keep throwing away games we should win, I am not holding my breathe, but hopefully if they do lose it will be just the thing this team needs to actually wake up and play hockey.

Though wishful thinking hopes that we break the blackhawks streak and that Kass takes out Keith..

Archived